HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: Game 6 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 24th - 5PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
Connecticut

vCash: 500
It's pretty obvious that this is all part of a plan. Winning three straight against the defending cup champions was faster than what they expected -- you can't win a cup without some adversity. So spot them a couple of games and test your mettle to set you up for a deep run. Also, won't the Hawks tears taste so much more delicious now that they can smell victory only to have it ripped out of their hands? First goal wins in this series, we have two more kicks at the can. Good riddance to fairweather fans -- although you'll be back on the bandwagon the second the team wins.

Old
04-22-2011, 02:55 AM
David71

what worked in games 1-3 isnt working for games 4/5. Keith killed this team with his 3 goals 5pts . he has a rocket of a shot. They keep going gloveside high on luongo. vancouver needs to tweak a few things. take out glass/torres. insert oreo/tamby. nucks need speed. forget the coach play for each other. trreat game 6 like its game 7 DO Or die.

Old
04-22-2011, 02:57 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
It's pretty obvious that this is all part of a plan. Winning three straight against the defending cup champions was faster than what they expected -- you can't win a cup without some adversity. So spot them a couple of games and test your mettle to set you up for a deep run. Also, won't the Hawks tears taste so much more delicious now that they can smell victory only to have it ripped out of their hands? First goal wins in this series, we have two more kicks at the can. Good riddance to fairweather fans -- although you'll be back on the bandwagon the second the team wins.
although i'm sure some boarders saying they'll never watch canuck games again or will never post on hf boards again will not obey their rants, this is not the garden-variety type of adversity most teams encounter on their way to a successful stanley cup run

it's only game 5 of the first round of the playoffs and the canucks are already in a worse version of the same full-blown meltdown mode that has killed the team the past 2 years

even if the canucks win this series (which i believe they will), there will be lingering questions about luongo, the canucks leadership core, vigneault, the sedins, ect...these questions may go away if the canucks (let's hope) go on to win the stanley cup this season, but you can't say that there hasn't been some permanent damage to the confidence this team worked so hard during the regular season to build

for many canuck players given the benefit of the doubt in past playoffs, this will be their last chance to prove their actions match their words, but it's looking like the core of this team is built around players that can't raise their game in the playoffs

Old
04-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Ishnook

Canucks win 3-1.

Nucks: Kesler, Ehrhoff, Raymond

Hawks: Toews.

Believe in blue.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:03 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
I seriously can't see myself coming back. No one in any way Canucks-related would even be able to post in a single thread without twenty Flames, Oilers, Leafs or Hawks fans jumping on them no matter what they say. And if we lose, there will be no answer at all.

We'll all have to go back to CDC. *shudder*
I'm off all boards.

If this team has any balls and pull out a win then good for them.
This is it for this team and some of it's players

Old
04-22-2011, 03:04 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

If they can't win
Then they have let every fan in this city down

Old
04-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 881
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Can we dress manny and just leave him on the bench with some shades? Help provide some mojo.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Andre Boudrias

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
4-2 canucks.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:06 AM
donutz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
If you asked me right now I'd say I am going to skip watching this game.

But I'll be honest, I'll be watching Game 6, shotgun inserted into my mouth.
Just make sure it's not loaded.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Whoever does can GTFO.

AV better make adjustments on this team in game six, if none happens then he can GTFO.
Roberto wouldn't even had to have played this game if the team wasn't so bad on Tuesday. It's been hard to pick out one Canuck and say they have looked hungry.

This Red Wing approach, the be calm, cool and collected and things will follow, not entirely sure the team is grasping it. I can't say I'm panicking, starting Schneids in this game is absurd.

I'm simply saying this zen-like approach only works if you've gone through the whole party before, the Canucks, have not. They honestly don't look like they know how to respond in these last two games.

This is the do or die game, the men will show up for this game. One thing I've preached the last 2 seasons in particular is killer instinct - or lack thereof for the Canucks. If we can't rip for the jugular in this series, this team doesn't deserve a second chance. Chicago had a great killer instinct last year, and the Red Wings had great killer instinct before them. Question is, can the Canucks close the deal?

Old
04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
jbean

Dear Canucks fans,

You have a good team from top to bottom. You have two good goalies. No one has ever gone far in the playoffs without adversity. AV is not an idiot for sticking with the same lineup and starting goalie that won the presidents trophy. I can understand the alarm but you guys are having a massive knee jerk reaction, similar to the knee jerk stanley cup parade planning reaction that happened after game 3. Stop throwing everyone under the bus, calm down, and show some confidence in your team for game 6. Save the reign of terror for if/when the run is over. Stop the pessimistic and reactionary whining and have some damn faith in your team.

sincerely,

an Oilers fan

Old
04-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Dhillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
Automatic loss. Onto game 7.
No ... No... No ... we get two losses for being blown out

Old
04-22-2011, 03:22 AM
MrJonas

If nothing happens offensively before the first period of game six is over it might be a good idea to play Kesler and the Sedins together for the rest of the game and give them all a boost, because they're the most important players on the team. And no don't play Schneider.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:27 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

I like Jeff Paterson, calls out players and calling them useless to a degree

Old
04-22-2011, 03:27 AM
victoriacanucker

I'm sorry but can anyone actually take any pride if we actually win in 6 or dare I say it 7? No ****ing way, this is a complete embarrassment and will catch up to them in the 2nd round.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacanucker View Post
I'm sorry but can anyone actually take any pride if we actually win in 6 or dare I say it 7? No ****ing way, this is a complete embarrassment and will catch up to them in the 2nd round.
Nobody is keeping track of HOW we win this series. That's not how the Cup is won.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:30 AM
victoriacanucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Nobody is keeping track of HOW we win this series. That's not how the Cup is won.
Show me a team thats won the Cup being blown out twice to a 8th seed in the playoffs?

Old
04-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Ugh just realized I'll be in the states for this game. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get info from the game? Won't have T.V or Internet access and obviously the Radio stations are different there.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
I'm sorry but can anyone actually take any pride if we actually win in 6 or dare I say it 7?
Absolutely, yes. There is no shame in winning a NHL playoff series, no matter how many games it takes.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Dekemeister

Quote:
Show me a team thats won the Cup being blown out twice to a 8th seed in the playoffs?
The wings in 02, which is considered by many one of the greatest teams ever assembled, were beaten quite handily games 1 and 2, by the Canucks no less. While not exactly blown out, they were definitely playing extremely poorly (I think game 1 was 3-1 and game two was 5-2) and I understand the situation is a bit different but, meh, there you go.

Keep the faith Canucksbros

Old
04-22-2011, 03:43 AM
MrJonas

Every new round is a clean slate. This might get ugly (wait, it is ugly) but if they can only get past this bump I'm convinced that they'll bring a whole different game in round 2.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Vancouver isn't the only team to face adversity. Just going back to last year no other than the Chicago Blackhawks they were inches away from being down 3-1 to Nashville in the 1 st round!

Old
04-22-2011, 03:47 AM
victoriacanucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekemeister View Post
The wings in 02, which is considered by many one of the greatest teams ever assembled, were beaten quite handily games 1 and 2, by the Canucks no less. While not exactly blown out, they were definitely playing extremely poorly (I think game 1 was 3-1 and game two was 5-2) and I understand the situation is a bit different but, meh, there you go.

Keep the faith Canucksbros
You would consider an O.T victory and a three goal victory blowouts? I don't see how that compares to back to back five goal victories with complete no shows from the entire team.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
Dear Canucks fans,

You have a good team from top to bottom. You have two good goalies. No one has ever gone far in the playoffs without adversity. AV is not an idiot for sticking with the same lineup and starting goalie that won the presidents trophy. I can understand the alarm but you guys are having a massive knee jerk reaction, similar to the knee jerk stanley cup parade planning reaction that happened after game 3. Stop throwing everyone under the bus, calm down, and show some confidence in your team for game 6. Save the reign of terror for if/when the run is over. Stop the pessimistic and reactionary whining and have some damn faith in your team.

sincerely,

an Oilers fan
Are you guys happy!?!?!?! You're making an Oiler fan look sane!!!!

Old
04-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
We need to play the trap in game 6. Force the hawks to dump it in, and play out of their comfort zone. They are having way too easy a time out there having adjusted to the Canucks forechecking. We can't continue to show the same look. Hawks had a tough time generating things when the Canucks have played the trap in the 3rd in the first three games. The preds frustrate the **** out of the hawks playing that style. Trap it up, score a few greasy goals off turnovers, and don't give the hawks any space.
Yeah the trapped worked in game 4 of the 2009 series eh....

Closed Thread