HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spacek stinks

Old
04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Spacek stinks

Pretty self explanatory.... Was on the ice for every Bruins goal scored in the last two games. He's less than worthless out there right now IMO, but Martin keeps playing him. I'd put Mara back in the lineup at this point because Spaced-out is only hurting the team.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:57 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Why not Weber who has scored a goal in this series?

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:16 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Why not Weber who has scored a goal in this series?
Weber is a terrible defenseman. Soft, poor decision making, can't get open for a shot on the point, etc.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:29 AM
JSBach

Martin loves vets.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:56 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Weber is a terrible defenseman. Soft, poor decision making, can't get open for a shot on the point, etc.
Sounds like you are talking about Spacek. He's been our worst d-man since game 1. His contract is worse than Gomez. He brings absolutely nothing.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:21 AM
wedge

he's definitely the weak link in our defense right now.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Oli Wood

I just realized that his nearly-4 millions contract still has one year left after this one.

I tought we were getting rid of him this summer.

That sucks.

Oli Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Spacek is worse.

At least Weber cares and is faster. Spacek often gives up on plays or simply can't follow them. He's awful.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:32 AM
VanNistelrooy

Why not put Mara!

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Sounds like you are talking about Spacek. He's been our worst d-man since game 1. His contract is worse than Gomez. He brings absolutely nothing.
wake up bro ...his contract is not worse than Gomez ....cmon dude

with all the injuries he has to do to much ....at his age

his contract isn`t stupid for 3 years ...not great but Gomez ...Huet...Komi...and Redden in the minors making 6 mil for the next 3 years ....those are bad contracts.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:59 AM
PunkinDrublic*

And if we would have won in overtime, this thread would not have existed !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:11 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivesWithMom View Post
but to be fair, he WAS all kinds of badong (bad + wrong)

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:12 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Pretty self explanatory.... Was on the ice for every Bruins goal scored in the last two games. He's less than worthless out there right now IMO, but Martin keeps playing him. I'd put Mara back in the lineup at this point because Spaced-out is only hurting the team.
Spacek has been on a couple of times when his partner made a bad pinch, or in the case of the overtime last night, when Travis Moen blew the shoot-in and caused the D to get caught on a change resulting in a 3-on-1 the other way.

Last night, the real problem was missed defensive zone assignments from Gomez, Moen, Darche, Gionta and Plekanec. We scored 4 goals and that should have been more than enough, especially since Boston did not score any PP goals. Once again, we learn the consequences of NOT playing good team defence and mistake-free hockey.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

The whole team was playing great up until the first Bruin goal which was Spacek's missed assignment. Price still had a chance to make a save on a bad angle. And even after that the team came back.

It's the beauty of hockey in that it usually takes a series of mistakes to score a goal. Having said that I'm surprised Wiz has escaped the wrath of the fans. On one goal he was scampering back after he lost a battle in the neutral zone. On another Bruin goal he strolled out to the blueline leaving two Bruins with his D partner down low. Gomez didn't help.

I don't understand the criticism of Spacek on the last goal though. Never understood criticizing the lone d-man back on a 2 - 1 or 3 - 1 though. In those situations something else failed worse than the d-man having skilled players come in and score.

The Kelly goal was just blah but throughout the night and the regular season I'd say the common denominator has been Scott Gomez. And to his credit he helped to set up Moen who couldn't score a goal to save his life. And the way Thomas leaves rebounds it would have be nice to have someone (Darche) who can deposit the puck in the net.

In defense of Spacek the guy is just coming off of knee surgery. The Habs' D can't seem to stay assembled during the season or for the playoffs. It's just wear and tear on every other player when it's that decimated.

On to the next game and the next scapegoat.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
neofury*

He deserves to be the scapegoat now. The guy just sucked balls especially last night, he was an embarrassment to the CH. I feel bad saying that cause as a human being I have no issues with him, aside from maybe the fact that he ate doritos for the last two months and didn't train (lol) but seriously, he looks horrible out there. (Was kidding about the training part, but seriously what the ****)

PS: Those of you actually blaming Price of all people, pathetic. The D hung him out to dry in a game we so should have won. Don't worry though I still know we're going to win the series, even if JM's coaching is going to hinder us when it counts most by playing Space****. But frankly Price will be the reason we win this series so to all the sellouts just shut the heck up Price had a bad game for sure, but it most certainly wasn't his fault considering the piss poor defending.

I seem to remember a certain guy named Jaro Halak having a similar game where his D hung him out to dry. You can't win when the team in front of you plays like that. Spacek has a knee injury fair enough, but then don't play him over a guy like Mara who doesn't, or Weber who is somewhat better right now.

I can call a spade a spade because that's exactly what it is. Sal probably went *******, I'll tell you why on the last goal I don't blame Spacek.

WHAT THE **** WAS SPACEK DOING OUT THERE IN AN OT SITUATION AT THE START OF THE OT WHERE BOTH TEAMS ARE RILED UP!? WHAT THE LIVING **** WAS SPACEK DOING OUT THERE! I WANT JACQUES MARTIN FIRED! I WANT GAUTHIER FIRED FOR PUTTING JACQUES MARTIN IN CHARGE!!! RAGE RAGE RAGE

Seriously though Spacek never should have been put in a position to fail in the first place if he clearly isn't ready for playoff action. I was telling my friend prior to the game starting yesterday that I felt un-easy about Spacek's performance and would rather have him sit. He was facepalmable last night, he shouldn't have been there, that is Jacques Martin's piss poor decision making skills. But for what happened on the ice I can't say Spacek has no fault either. He played like ****.

Last edited by neofury*: 04-22-2011 at 10:30 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
RealCity
Yeer-G C-Catch

All Spacek had to do on Ryder's first goal was dive and extend his stick to at least make it difficult for Ryder to get a shot off, instead he just let him walk right in thinking "Price has this".

RealCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:28 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCity View Post
All Spacek had to do on Ryder's first goal was dive and extend his stick to at least make it difficult for Ryder to get a shot off, instead he just let him walk right in thinking "Price has this".
leave it to spacek to almost always slide on his belly and completely take himself out of position doing so.

he either slides into price or slides into the board.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
leave it to spacek to almost always slide on his belly and completely take himself out of position doing so.

he either slides into price or slides into the board.
"I WANT JACQUES MARTIN FIRED! I WANT GAUTHIER FIRED!"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
yes, that's because for the most part fans WANT to be positive... creating negative threads after a playoff WIN isn't exactly what most people want to do.

do you think spacek is useful/effective? if so, please enlighten us because right now all I see is a dman that would be struggling to help an AHL team with his performance.

after the 2 wins, there was a rush to highlight the positives, naturally, and after 2 losses, their is a rush to highlight the negatives, naturally.

in a way, since we are now at 2-2, perhaps it is the perfect time to discuss the bright spots AND the negatives of this team...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Habitants

although i agree about spacek, what about Gomez!!??

guy was on for 4 goals!

where is that thread about gomez playoff performer now? he was terrible last night.

every time he was on the ice i was nervous, and then facepalm!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
LastRide

Whenever they interview him. He talks about breakdowns. He never takes any responsibilty for anything. Screw management for signing this bust for 3 years. Gomez and Hamrlik can ****off too. I don't care for Gill anymore either, too slow and doesn't use his body for a big guy.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:46 AM
LyleOdelein

Sometimes you get a pairing that plays so well together that it acts as much better than the sum of its parts like Gill/Gorges, sometimes a pairing is much worse than the sum of its parts and I believe that Spacek/Sopel fits that label. The Spacek/Sopel pairing is so bad that it's almost unplayable.

I will be shocked if Martin keeps the status quo and has all of the pairings together for tomorrow's game. The smallest change I can see would be shifting the pairings up with the same guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Mara in the line-up either. It's clear that something has to change.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
I agree he wasn't good, but most of the blame for the OT goal should be placed on Subban. The Habs don't get the puck past the Bruins blue line but Subban goes off anyway, putting Sopel coming on in a horrible position. The D ends up never having enough time to get into position, and they end up scoring.

On the other goals, I think he was on the ice for Ference goal, which was a perfectly flukey shot that he didn't do anything wrong on, and Ryder's shot coming down the win, again, was a perfect shot. I think people look for a scapegoat every time we lose, and in this case I dont think Spacek deserves all this blame.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
PhysicX

Gomez on the ice for 4 Boston Bruins goals... Terrible!

Why blame Spacek for yesterday's overtime goal?? Many players made mistakes just before the play, which caused a 3 on 1. I was there at the game, and saw Gill change, while Subban decided at the end of his shift to go inside Boston's zone, deke a player and pass it behind. I thought he'd change for Sopel then, but he skated back on D. Then the puck came out of our zone and Subby went to the bench and guess what, puck came back in and BAM! 3 on 1, Sopel is nowhere near the play. Subban had a great game, but made a costly mistake. We can't blame him for not trying, but why risk in the first two minutes of overtime? That's how we learn (by our mistakes) and Subby will play one heck of a game in Boston.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I agree he wasn't good, but most of the blame for the OT goal should be placed on Subban. The Habs don't get the puck past the Bruins blue line but Subban goes off anyway, putting Sopel coming on in a horrible position. The D ends up never having enough time to get into position, and they end up scoring.

On the other goals, I think he was on the ice for Ference goal, which was a perfectly flukey shot that he didn't do anything wrong on, and Ryder's shot coming down the win, again, was a perfect shot. I think people look for a scapegoat every time we lose, and in this case I dont think Spacek deserves all this blame.
I'm glad you saw the same thing as me... Thought I was alone on that! If anyone is allowed to make mistakes, it's our young players. Great game yesterday, puck didn't go in... Ca fait tres mal ********!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote