HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: Game 6 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 24th - 5PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 500
Fantastic caller on team1040 right now about luongo, right on the money, great rant.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Fantastic caller on team1040 right now about luongo, right on the money, great rant.
UGH. my net feed cut off. Quick summary?

Old
04-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Dado

vCash:
Summary: "start Schneider"

Old
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Summary: "start Schneider"
Would you start Schneider in a hostile environment? Could be a pretty tough place to start your first game.

This could be very interesting.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Meganuck*

Seriously. Patterson is like Poison. He really is.

My favorite caller so far was that clown who was a "hawks fan". Apparently the lower mainland has like 1000+ diehard longtime Hawks fans that only started appearing in the last few years and have all these nuggets of wisdom.

Broken record is what they sound like.

I laugh everytime I hear one of them. Game 82, they wanted Q fired and questioned Toews' leadership and thought that Keith was so overrated. Tonight, they want to bear their children.

Old
04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
victoriacanucker

Look we all know Luongo will **** the bed and embarrass the team. Why not start Schneider? If he ***** the bed, I can deal with it. but Luongo does it three games in a row and 4 out of 5, what the hell do you do then?

Old
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
UGH. my net feed cut off. Quick summary?
Said Luongo is a great goalie, could probably beat any other team in the playoffs but just CAN'T beat the Hawks for whatever reason. Said the team MUST start Schneider for that reason...

I'd said earlier that Luongo should start... but now, I dunno... I just think we as a team, as a fan base, shouldn't have to go through therapy with Luongo... that is, we shouldn't have to pay to watch him battle, and lose, to his demons... the team has done too much.

And that's the point, they're a team... coaches line-match to get key players away from other players... well, we have a player that we need to get away from a team so the rest of the team can succeed.

Let Schneider vanquish the Hawks and Luongo can come in and play the remaining three rounds. That's a team right?

Old
4th line energy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
Would you start Schneider in a hostile environment? Could be a pretty tough place to start your first game.

This could be very interesting.
Yes, much tougher than throwing him into a MUST. WIN. of a game 7.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
Said Luongo is a great goalie, could probably beat any other team in the playoffs but just CAN'T beat the Hawks for whatever reason. Said the team MUST start Schneider for that reason...

I'd said earlier that Luongo should start... but now, I dunno... I just think we as a team, as a fan base, shouldn't have to go through therapy with Luongo... that is, we shouldn't have to pay to watch him battle, and lose, to his demons... the team has done too much.

And that's the point, they're a team... coaches line-match to get key players away from other players... well, we have a player that we need to get away from a team so the rest of the team can succeed.

Let Schneider vanquish the Hawks and Luongo can come in and play the remaining three rounds. That's a team right?
Yup. That's a pretty valid statement. And imagine if that actually went down that way. Would be a hell of a story.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy View Post
Yes, much tougher than throwing him into a MUST. WIN. of a game 7.
Home ice on supposedly the best home team with the last change is supposed to be an advantage.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacanucker View Post
Look we all know Luongo will **** the bed and embarrass the team. Why not start Schneider? If he ***** the bed, I can deal with it. but Luongo does it three games in a row and 4 out of 5, what the hell do you do then?
Luongo was by far the best player in game 3 what are you talking about

Old
04-22-2011, 04:03 AM
VanEric

Quote:

And who is going to play for:
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alex Burrows
Kevin Bieksa
et. all

Who is going to play for those guys to beat the Hawks because all I've seen is guys who can't get it done.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:04 AM
CamronGiles*

am i the only one noticing the piss poor gaps and backchecking? what about burrows raymond samuelsson and kesler being useless on offense? sedins being made into sisters by bolland, ooo but its all luongo, schneider would have not made a differnce imo

Old
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
victoriacanucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Luongo was by far the best player in game 3 what are you talking about
If Luongo ***** the bed in game 6, he was bad in game 2,4,5 and 6. And again I said if. That's 4 out of 5. He's suppost to be one of the best goalies in the NHL not Martin Brochu.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alex Burrows
Kevin Bieksa
et. all

Who is going to play for those guys to beat the Hawks because all I've seen is guys who can't get it done.
This post deserves a stamp of approval or something.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:06 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Quote:
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Ryan Kesler
Alex Burrows
Kevin Bieksa
et. all

Absolutely true... though I thought Bieksa was trying to will the team to win.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacanucker View Post
If Luongo ***** the bed in game 6, he was bad in game 2,4,5 and 6. And again I said if. That's 4 out of 5. He's suppost to be one of the best goalies in the NHL not Martin Brochu.
I can't take you seriously reading your comments on the main board and know on the Canucks board, it's kinda obvious your a bandwagon fan and shouldn't be taken seriously!

Old
04-22-2011, 04:13 AM
VanEric

Quote:
Absolutely true... though I thought Bieksa was trying to will the team to win.
Too little too late in each game. The way he thinks he's helping usually is the wrong way for this team.

When he's helping the team win, you barely even notice him.

I said initially that Luongo's on a short leash in Game #6. If he lets in a soft goal or two in the first, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Schneider.

This thought that Schneider is some cure-all is perplexing given the other times he's come in for Luongo this year. The team has still played like ****. Or when everyone had that whole Luongo can't play in Minnesota storyline going so we went and started Schneider, and still got lit the **** up. I guess I'm one of the few that remembers stuff like this.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Glass and Rome need to come out. Hodgson has looked pretty good and I'd keep him in there but not at the expense of Oreskovich, who has been much more effective than Glass on that 4th line. At this level (NHL playoffs specifically) Glass is a barely adequate 4th line winger and Rome is not an adequate #6 defenseman. Vigneault loves these guys but they're just not good enough to justify playing them when we're healthy.

Hopefully they don't go back to the Mason Raymond at center experiment again. He's looked much better on Hodgson's wing.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:18 AM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

Quote:
This thought that Schneider is some cure-all is perplexing given the other times he's come in for Luongo this year. The team has still played like ****. Or when everyone had that whole Luongo can't play in Minnesota storyline going so we went and started Schneider, and still got lit the **** up. I guess I'm one of the few that remembers stuff like this.
For the sake of the team Psyche though... don't you think they might feel that Luongo MIGHT be their Kryptonite vs the Hawks? Regardless of the D coverage etc... how many times can a goalie give up two goals in under a minute to one team without there being some permanent repercussions?

My hope is that these two days get the Canucks to settle down... and come out with the confidence they had in the regular season.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:20 AM
MrJonas

Luongo is in a much more vulnerable position than the rest of the team. Throw him out at the first signs of adversity and how are you supposed to be able to go all the way? That'd pretty much crush his self confidence. Vancouver's skaters have been Rangers lite in terms of goalie backup this whole series, do something about them instead.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Quote:
Not exactly.

These little problems the team has, usually gets pinned on Luongo. "Oh Luongo doesn't play well in UC" *stones Hawks in succession to a shutout while team struggles* "Oh you know what Bob, maybe its the team?"

"Luongo doesn't play well in Minnesota" *Schneider starts, team fails to score on Wild 5th string goalie* "I'll be damned, it's the team that fails!"

From now on, maybe I should cut to the chase and see "Luongo had a bad game" as "The team sure played like ****".

The flak Luongo gets in this city is amazing. Makes me want to puke.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:21 AM
VanEric

Quote:
For the sake of the team Psyche though... don't you think they might feel that Luongo MIGHT be their Kryptonite vs the Hawks? Regardless of the D coverage etc... how many times can a goalie give up two goals in under a minute to one team without there being some permanent repercussions?

My hope is that these two days get the Canucks to settle down... and come out with the confidence they had in the regular season.
I'm just not convinced Schneider doesn't give up those same two goals based on what I've seen. He doesn't have a spectacular glove hand and in limited action, he's given up a fair bit of bad goals masked by wins.

The San Jose game that everyone thought was his finest performance really only got close because he let in two quick leaky goals to the Sharks. But facts like these don't fit the Luongo narrative that we've been fed.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Quote:
For the sake of the team Psyche though... don't you think they might feel that Luongo MIGHT be their Kryptonite vs the Hawks?
Well, it didn't seem like Luongo was a problem in Game 1,2, or 3 to win. Why would the team suddenly lose faith in him? It sounds like something a short-sighted loser would think. (Not that I'm referring to you, just if I was his teammate and thought like that how would we win?)

If the team feels like Luongo is the problem against the Hawks, then this whole situation is more deep-seeded than it appears.

Old
04-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Hal 9000*

Holy ****, you guys, I`d be ecstatic if it was as simple as Lu or Schneider. lets face it, this is the Sedins - that`s all there is to it. Lu can be a brick wall or he might let in a weak goal, but the Sedins are currently a disaster. Really! At this point, the goalie (whoever that is) is our least worry.

Closed Thread