HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you be surprised if Hank wants to change to a different city?

Old
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
RidinwitdaKING

vCash: 500
Hank will stay, others will go who can score on the other team and not Hank.
We need a 1st Line Center!

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Reijo R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madillsux View Post
Hank will stay, others will go who can score on the other team and not Hank.
We need a 1st Line Center!
How do you suppose they get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Shocked......the team is going in the right direction folks. Lets look at the big picture
They are?

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
bumrusherer

Yes I would be because he seesm to like playing in New York. But as a franchise, they have to find a way to help him or take advanatge of what he can give us over the next few years.

The way he has played in this series, if we had any kind of scoring..it could have been a sweep. For me, that speaks volumes on how great he is.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
94now

No one will pay him more. Even if he wins the Cup. He has all the fun playing 70 games per season, he has a job in terrific place. Don't forget he does not book the tees once Rangers are out, cause he plays hockey at Words for Sweden every year. What if he gets on a good team and not able to keep up anyway? I wouldn't take a chance if I was him... No one ever wanted out NYR, no one.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
Sorry, but this series is not over and you fight till the fight is done. And I refuse to get down on this team this season. These guys gave so much this season, left it so on the ice. No matter how the playoffs turn out, I am proud of the effort this team put forth this season. Right now though, I am gonna place my focus and energy on rooting for a game five victory.
thats all well and good, go ahead join Boomer in the land of "its not over till its over". The rest of us living in reality realized it was over after the caps got on the board early in the 3rd. Boomer talking about hey the caps doing it to them 2 years ago so why cant the rangers give it right back to them?...simple...The caps could score goals at will back then just as they can now...the rangers cant. end of story.

Ive only questioned the effort from this team maybe 2-3 times this season which is unheard of from this franchise and i thank them for that however effort will only get you so far. This team is young and promising but if they have to rely on being human retaining walls to win games they wont have any of this young talent survive thier 25th birthday. They arent any closer to contending than they were 3-4 years ago, its just a younger and more close knit unit and that will only take you so far. Impressive and entertaining season but...its over, see ya on the links!

FORE RIGHT!!!

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

yes. especially since we haven't lost this series yet.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:44 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
yes. especially since we haven't lost this series yet.
I'd be very surprised if he pushed the Rangers for a trade while he's under contract. Once he hits free agency I can certainly imagine he'll take the best option available which may not be the Rangers.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
periferal

Not an issue

Hank is signed for 3 more years which takes him through the prime of his career. He seems to love it in New York, but if after those 3 years the Rangers are no closer to winning a cup, maybe he pulls a Hasek and signs with the Red Wings for a year or two.

The ONLY way (and even this is a stretch) that he gets traded is if the Rangers absolutely need cap space and they can get back a Rask/Markstrom type A-level prospect back plus more.

All that said...I'd bet a hefty wager that Hank is with the Rangers at least through the end of his current contract.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
ltrangerfan

Henry will stay with the Rangers unless NY is still floundering as his career nears an end.

How good is he? Probably one of the better goalies in the league but.... his amazing record is a by product of NY's style of play. The Rangers must play the 2-1 games to win so the team is built around defense. Could Henry play for a run and gun team and still be considered a top goalie? That remains to be seen. His skills should translate to other styles of play. However, simply putting him on a higher scoring team won't automatically make his new team the Stanley cup champion. If only it was that easy.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Henry will stay with the Rangers unless NY is still floundering as his career nears an end.

How good is he? Probably one of the better goalies in the league but.... his amazing record is a by product of NY's style of play. The Rangers must play the 2-1 games to win so the team is built around defense. Could Henry play for a run and gun team and still be considered a top goalie? That remains to be seen. His skills should translate to other styles of play. However, simply putting him on a higher scoring team won't automatically make his new team the Stanley cup champion. If only it was that easy.
Gotta be honest, Hank is the reason the Rangers are even in most games. He is the one that keeps it 2-1. They block a lot of shots, but they give up a lot of prime opportunities also. Look how man 2 on 1's and breakaways he has stopped so far this series against Washington. The man stands on his head, and if you put him on a team like the red wings or washington, they would be the team I put my money on to win it all

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Gotta be honest, Hank is the reason the Rangers are even in most games. He is the one that keeps it 2-1. They block a lot of shots, but they give up a lot of prime opportunities also. Look how man 2 on 1's and breakaways he has stopped so far this series against Washington. The man stands on his head, and if you put him on a team like the red wings or washington, they would be the team I put my money on to win it all
Exactly.

What, we remedied our 1 goal losses this season? Our offense has been consistent, especially when we were playing for our playoff lives?

How many goals were scored in a span of four games? Three? That's including a few rounds in the shootout?

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
It's funny as ****, not one fan on any hockey team on this boards knows what zen hockey is.
http://www.thehockeyzen.com/

?

lol

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

We've been going in the right direction for years. Compaction sucks.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
chip chipperson*

i dont think this is ever going to happen but if he did ask to be traded i dont think the return would be anything close to henrik.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
dynamoovechkin

Do I think it's going to happen? No.

Would I blame him if it did? Probably not, after a while. At first, I'd be pretty pissed.

I still can't believe Gabby did that. You have to know that Henrik is still absolutely beside himself.

Legendary meltdown, epic.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
TheBigEasy

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBigEasy
He loves it in NY. I don't think he is going anywhere, AT LEAST until the end of his current contract. That's not to say that a thought like that didn't briefly flare up in the heat of the moment at the end of Game 4... That shot of him right after the goal is devastating.

If the Rangers are still floundering several years from now and later in his career, and he still hasn't won one, I can see him doing a Bourque-type thing. But I don't even want to think about that right now. I'm proud of this young team so far and I honestly believe we are trending upwards (and by that of course I mean I'm praying). I think with a few additions this offseason and a continued dedication to our farm system, he might not have to worry about going somewhere else to get the Cup.

I know, it's incredibly, and maybe unrealistically, optimistic. But the other option is far too depressing. I want this man to win one so badly.

TheBigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:44 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthebeef View Post
I would be devastated I ****ing love him to death, but at the same time happy for him, if hes moved I'm sure he would be on a championship caliber team and win a cup.. But this off season would you be surprised if Hank wants a change.

Sorry if you guys don't like this thread, but I'm pist off and just ****ing mad right now even if they both mean the same **** that I can say any thing right now.
When is he getting tired of this? If i were him iŽd go. He wants to win something. I would too.

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:48 AM
NikC

Miller has stolen 2 games for his Sabres so far, but not Hank. As good a goalie that Lundqvist is, i'm still waiting for him to take the next step. He still implodes and melts down in big games. He loses focus and gets rattled alot.

Hank loves NY and is going nowhere. Rangers will eventually get him
the scoring support he deserves. Hopefully sooner than later.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Miller has stolen 2 games for his Sabres so far, but not Hank. As good a goalie that Lundqvist is, i'm still waiting for him to take the next step. He still implodes and melts down in big games. He loses focus and gets rattled alot.

I agree, Lundqvist needs to steal games 5 and 6

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Just hold Gabby down and let Hanks take a few swings on him, should be alright after that.
Yeah I think this would settle things down and make things right again.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

If he moved he'd win that team award entitled "Vezina"

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Bardof425*

I'd be shocked. He as much part of the fabric of New York as any player including Avery. He's not going anywhere.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
bmw2004

I think he will, if they'll not make the playoffs next year.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

What are you talking about? Hank hasn't had a chance to stop a single one of the goals the Caps have scored this series. It's not his fault when someone blows a defensive assignment and leaves a guy open right in front of the net. If Hank imploded under pressure, then we would've lost on Ovechkin's breakaway, not some lucky bounce off Chimera.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
kennglin13

Let's put it this way, it looks like as of now we are under the impression Stepan and Anisimov will be our #1 Center in future... is this realistic? I certainly hope so, and I think Hank does too

Last edited by kennglin13: 04-22-2011 at 03:17 PM.
kennglin13 is offline   Reply With Quote