HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ference fined $2500 by NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2011, 08:20 AM
  #1
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
" Sometimes the fingers in the glove get stuck "

This is the explanation from the Bruins.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/318567.html

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:23 AM
  #2
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
What about the distinct look and face gesture to the crowd too....guess that was all coincidence too???

NHL better not let him get away with that. If Wiz can get suspend for doing a "sexual gesture" to mock Avery, I think something like this is suspend-able as it is to the paying fan and oppositions fans.

But, this is the NHL and it is the Campbell Bruins, I mean Boston Bruins...nothing will happen, maybe a slap on the wrist or fine, if that.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:25 AM
  #3
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,050
vCash: 500
ya that's actually funny...

The league suspended Wiz when he was with the Isles earlier in the year for an obscene gesture to Avery...

This time it's a player doing it against a fan -- one would think that it's an automatic suspension.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:26 AM
  #4
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
ya that's actually funny...

The league suspended Wiz when he was with the Isles earlier in the year for an obscene gesture to Avery...

This time it's a player doing it against a fan -- one would think that it's an automatic suspension.
One would think, but then again this is the double standard NHL too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:28 AM
  #5
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,600
vCash: 500
Bruins have a readymade list of excuses for any potential disciplinary incident:

"It was an accident"
"Wardrobe malfunction"
"His neck was broken when I got here"

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:31 AM
  #6
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Typical classes Bruins behavior. It trickles down from the top. If you only knew what I do about Neely.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
  #7
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
One would think, but then again this is the double standard NHL too.
This is true -- he also plays 18-20 mins a game... so it will have to be $2500 slap in the wrist and some off-season proper conduct counselling .

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
  #8
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,130
vCash: 500
After the "1001 nights"... here we have the "1001 excuses"... the Bruins are really the greatest team when it comes to over the top, dumb excuses. "Didn't know who was on the ice", "my finger got stuck"... please, talk about lack of character.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
  #9
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
What an oppertunity he has given the Habs to take this picture, blow it up, and paste it on the dressing room wall. Thank you little man.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:49 AM
  #10
NJHABSFAN
Registered User
 
NJHABSFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Swamps of Joisey
Country: United States
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Typical classes Bruins behavior. It trickles down from the top. If you only knew what I do about Neely.
what that he is a classless ******* puke cry baby that never won a Stanley Cup

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:57 AM
  #11
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,170
vCash: 500
I can't believe how much you guys let Boston affect you. Who cares what they say in the media, what kind of lame excuses they have for their stupidity. Stooping to their level and making fun of their excuses isn't the "classy" thing to do if you guys want to be classy.

Personally, I don't want a classy hockey team but thats probably also why I don't care how stupid the Bruins choose to act. Let them act like baffoons, its no skin off my back. But I don't feel the need to chastise their every mistake.

I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens and I care about what our team does. Boston is only 1 opponent out of 29 opponents. Why let one team bother you so much, by doing so, your letting them win.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:02 AM
  #12
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
^ huh ? Sorry bud, but hockey players just arent suppose to go around giving the crowd the finger. My kids were in that crowd.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
  #13
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,332
vCash: 500
"Sometimes you forget where you are on the ice, and you push people head first into a stanchion".

Seems to be a recurring theme around those parts, I know somebody who is looking on smiling proud.


JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:11 AM
  #14
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Stay Classy Mr Ference...you are a real role model...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
  #15
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I can't believe how much you guys let Boston affect you. Who cares what they say in the media, what kind of lame excuses they have for their stupidity. Stooping to their level and making fun of their excuses isn't the "classy" thing to do if you guys want to be classy.

Personally, I don't want a classy hockey team but thats probably also why I don't care how stupid the Bruins choose to act. Let them act like baffoons, its no skin off my back. But I don't feel the need to chastise their every mistake.

I'm a fan of the Montreal Canadiens and I care about what our team does. Boston is only 1 opponent out of 29 opponents. Why let one team bother you so much, by doing so, your letting them win.
With all the crap and crying that the media has done about Subban, when you see what other players do then yes it should be brought up. Imagine if PK gave the crowd the finger, it would be shown on the View and a Presidential press conference would be held about PK's attitude.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:18 AM
  #16
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Geez at one point, if you're a Bruins and are real tough, how about just living with it and accept it? From "I don't know where I was on the ice" to "My finger got stuck"???? Come on...

I mean, we probably could expect such pathetic excuses coming from a soft team....but from a big bad tough Bruins team?

Anyway, time for us to give him and his team the finger they deserve by winning the next one. Next game is the test as to OUR determination. We saw Bruins determination last night....time for ours to shine.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
  #17
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,177
vCash: 500
The actual one finger salute doesn't bother me at all.. Heat of the moment, stupidity happens.

The excuses and saying how it was an accident... that was far worse. Like this Boston Bruins team really feels they can do no wrong?

Anyway.. it's a after thought now.. who really cares about it? More important things to worry about.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
  #18
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
With all the crap and crying that the media has done about Subban, when you see what other players do then yes it should be brought up. Imagine if PK gave the crowd the finger, it would be shown on the View and a Presidential press conference would be held about PK's attitude.

Thank you for bringing that up. My point, take a lesson from how our Habs players handle situations like this.


Bring it on. Let people say what they want about PK, he is strong enough that he doesn't allow other people's hate for him to affect him and bring him down. You don't see him crying, oh everybody hates me. He doesn't turn around and say "oh Mike Richards is a cry baby", he focusses on what he can do, how he can play the game.

That is my point. If our fanbase mimicked how our players act instead of mimicking how Boston's players act, we'd be a lot better off imo. In this thread and on the forum in general, our fanbase is basically acting the same way Boston's players are.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:32 AM
  #19
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I don't like Bouchard but he said during the break that the guy has a brain the size of a peanut

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
  #20
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,749
vCash: 500
it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

geez Ference, man up and take ownership.

Sad because he actually does seem to be a solid guy away from the ice. momentary poor judgement is one thing, but to try to weasel your way out of it like that...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
  #21
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

geez Ference, man up and take ownership.

Sad because he actually does seem to be a solid guy away from the ice. momentary poor judgement is one thing, but to try to weasel your way out of it like that...
Clearly, both Chara and Ference were in "Say to avoid suspensions" mode....but while they look dumb and dumber, they'll get away with it 'cause they're Bruins.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
  #22
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,934
vCash: 50
Awards:
Man up, Ference. You scored a goal, you wanted to stick it to the crowd, so you gave them the finger. You're a really big guy, you're tough and bad, bla bla bla. Stop it with the bull crap excuse and just tell the truth.

He's already lost a lot of respect from people, lying about it won't win him back any of it.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
  #23
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Man up, Ference. You scored a goal, you wanted to stick it to the crowd, so you gave them the finger. You're a really big guy, you're tough and bad, bla bla bla. Stop it with the bull crap excuse and just tell the truth.

He's already lost a lot of respect from people, lying about it won't win him back any of it.
That's it.. thats all. Just said it was a heat of the moment thing and it didn't mean anything else besides that.. Don't come up with some lame excuse.. It's just sad..

I really don't care about the one finger salute.. the excuse is what bothers me.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM
  #24
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 500
If it wasn't a Bruin, suspension would be automatic. But it was a Bruin, therefore all is forgiven by the NHL. Just like Chara didn't know who was on the ice, Ference had NO IDEA which finger he was showing to the crowd.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:57 AM
  #25
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
If it wasn't a Bruin, suspension would be automatic. But it was a Bruin, therefore all is forgiven by the NHL. Just like Chara didn't know who was on the ice, Ference had NO IDEA which finger he was showing to the crowd.
Doesn't matter which team he plays for. He gets a fine.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.