HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The good news: we have won 2 games in Boston

Old
04-22-2011, 08:04 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen Jacques Demers View Post
so who's got a screencap of the blonde in the crowd?
no idea what you're talking about but i want to see this

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Markovskaya

i'm pissed off.

I went to bed drunk and pissed.

Woke up drunk and pissed.

Working even more pissed.

How can they let THREE ****ing leads go away and lose in OT.

**** **** ****!!!!!!!!!!

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:59 AM
NJHABSFAN

Its not over by a long shot, Come on guys stop with the pessimistic attitude I know we let it get away. but were going to win the series

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Two players need to play better for us to win going forward :

Gomez:
People have been saying that Gomez is good defensively. That scoring chances and shots towards the net are in Gomez's favor. Well, he's getting absolutely destroyed on the scoreboard in this series and that's all that matters. Losing us games since game #1 on the regular season with his laziness and lack of focus. What a playoffs warrior he is....

Price:
He's been our best player all year. Very consistent, very few bad goals. Game #1-2 he wasn't tested much, but he was perfect. He had to be for the habs to win because we didn't score too many goals. At the same time we supported him a lot better in game #1-2.. or the bruins didn't show up.. whichever.

In game #3-4 he wasn't as well protected. However... he didn't help himself at all and hasn't been the consistent reliable goalie he was all season and in game #1-2. If he had been, this series is over in 4. Bruins are golfing and we're talking about karma being a female dog for the ruins. Instead...

If they let the ruins get away with this and move past us this won't just be another disappointment in a long line of them over the past 10 years... it will be really tough to swallow after the Chara-Pacioretty incident and all the crap the bruins have been saying. Argh I hate this team sometimes.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:05 AM
BobbyFischer*

Habs in 6. BOOK IT.

TOO MUCH HEART

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:14 AM
BLONG7

Overall, a very exciting game...hated the result, but an awesome game none the less....man our D really did not play well...Price can only do so much.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

Gomez:
People have been saying that Gomez is good defensively. That scoring chances and shots towards the net are in Gomez's favor. Well, he's getting absolutely destroyed on the scoreboard in this series and that's all that matters. Losing us games since game #1 on the regular season with his laziness and lack of focus. What a playoffs warrior he is....

Price:
He's been our best player all year. Very consistent, very few bad goals. Game #1-2 he wasn't tested much, but he was perfect. He had to be for the habs to win because we didn't score too many goals. At the same time we supported him a lot better in game #1-2.. or the bruins didn't show up.. whichever.

In game #3-4 he wasn't as well protected. However... he didn't help himself at all and hasn't been the consistent reliable goalie he was all season and in game #1-2. If he had been, this series is over in 4. Bruins are golfing and we're talking about karma being a female dog for the ruins. Instead...

If they let the ruins get away with this and move past us this won't just be another disappointment in a long line of them over the past 10 years... it will be really tough to swallow after the Chara-Pacioretty incident and all the crap the bruins have been saying. Argh I hate this team sometimes.
Price has let in one, or arguably 2 bad goals in four games. To say Price has to play better is to say Price needs to start scoring for us. Ridiculous.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
SB164

JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu

Habs just announced Price not one of Vezina Trophy finalists.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:57 AM
bsl

That loss was disgraceful

Sorry guys, this is not a bash, and we still have a chance.

But that was just shocking. In 40 years of watching Habs, I've never seen such a sad, sad, loss.

I really mean it. Never. I erase this team. I've given them breaks since the big change, but end of.

Never have I seen them fail like this. Never. Not this way. 2 games lost, at home, after going up 2-0. A 3-1 lead at home game 4. With enough talent to win at least one.

The Carolina series does not count. Habs were crap, and Koivu had his eye gouged out.

This team is not crap. And they lost today. A game they had to win. I've just lost patience, trust and faith in this team.

I love the Habs and always will, but I've written this version off. I waited a long time to decide, but this team, this core, is not a team I am proud of.

I am proud of PK, Carey and Max. That is all. The rest, I don't give a toss.

I love the Habs, but I am now signing this team off. I have never been so pissed about a loss as this one.

I'll watch the rest of the series, and pray the Habs pull it off, but I just don't admire this team.

I've decided: We need to rebuild, with Carey, PK and Max, if he's OK, as the core.

Sorry for the neg post guys, but that's how I see it. I don't admire this team, and I think the Club De Hockey Canadien should be much better than this.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Gary320

What's your opinion on Vancouver losing two matches after leading 3-0 in the series, getting shut out 5-0 yesterday (at home) and 7-2 the game before... when they are first in the league (and huge contenders) facing a 8th place team that just barely made it in?

Should they rebuild as well?

2-2. The series is not over.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:59 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu

Habs just announced Price not one of Vezina Trophy finalists.
Let me guess Quick, Thomas, and Luongo

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Why is it that the people on these boards who talk about having watched the Habs for decades are usually the ones to have the most reactionary responses completely devoid of historical context?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Let me guess Quick, Thomas, and Luongo
Rinne over Quick, King Henrik over Lou, and Timmy of course.

Just guesses.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:11 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Sorry guys, this is not a bash, and we still have a chance.

But that was just shocking. In 40 years of watching Habs, I've never seen such a sad, sad, loss.

I really mean it. Never. I erase this team. I've given them breaks since the big change, but end of.

Never have I seen them fail like this. Never. Not this way. 2 games lost, at home, after going up 2-0. A 3-1 lead at home game 4. With enough talent to win at least one.

The Carolina series does not count. Habs were crap, and Koivu had his eye gouged out.

This team is not crap. And they lost today. A game they had to win. I've just lost patience, trust and faith in this team.

I love the Habs and always will, but I've written this version off. I waited a long time to decide, but this team, this core, is not a team I am proud of.

I am proud of PK, Carey and Max. That is all. The rest, I don't give a toss.

I love the Habs, but I am now signing this team off. I have never been so pissed about a loss as this one.

I'll watch the rest of the series, and pray the Habs pull it off, but I just don't admire this team.

I've decided: We need to rebuild, with Carey, PK and Max, if he's OK, as the core.

Sorry for the neg post guys, but that's how I see it. I don't admire this team, and I think the Club De Hockey Canadien should be much better than this.
A tough loss, far from disgraceful...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Bermy

The Habs never make things easy haha. Should be an interesting game 5.

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
RE-HABS

How fast the bashing of Price comes into play is so funny and ridiculous. If not for Price we wouldn't have back to Montreal up 2-0.

Price may not have been as effective as he was in the first two games, but to be putting this on him and saying he is mentally broken and so on is just laughable.

Montreal as a team let Boston claw their way back in, and our mistakes in these games have rewarded them with goals, much like their mistakes were for us in the wins in Beantown. The momentum swings in this series has went both ways, Habs have to get that momentum back and capitalize on the Bruins mistakes again.

Turnovers, timely changes and too long of shifts have been the factor for both teams. The Bruins 3rd and 4th lines are the difference right now too, that is a major factor. Remember what Moore and his line were doing for us last year?

Well that's what Peverly, Ryder and Kelly are doing for them.

And puck possession is the main key, we need to win face offs. You lose the face off, you lose possession of the puck and time possession too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Price has let in one, or arguably 2 bad goals in four games. To say Price has to play better is to say Price needs to start scoring for us. Ridiculous.
Mmm, I disagree with the number of bad goals he has allowed.

Game #1-2 habs played great team defense. Price barely saw any action but he was perfect and did his job. Nothing to say there.

Game #3 : #3 goal was a horrible horrible goal to give.

Game #4 : #1 was horrible and stoppable. #3 was bad rebound control. Got scored on 5 times.

Just one less soft goal in either of the two home games and it's 3-1 montreal. Hardly asking him to steal those games, much less score a goal.

Wonder who's making ridiculious claims here.

It's hilarious to me that people are completely unwilling to admit Halak carried the habs to round 3, and say it was a team game, and now Price is doing everything but scoring goals I guess... there's something I must be missing.

Old
04-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Gomez:

Price:

As much as it would suck to lose, especially considering it could have easily been 4-0 for us, I would applaud our team. They have battled hard, and let's not forget, we're playing without Markov, Gorges and Maxpac. If Chara alone wasn't there, the Bruins would probably be eliminated today.
Bruins can say whatever they want, if they go through, they will lose in the 2nd round. Despite their incredible depth, they're not that good of a team.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
What's your opinion on Vancouver losing two matches after leading 3-0 in the series, getting shut out 5-0 yesterday (at home) and 7-2 the game before... when they are first in the league (and huge contenders) facing a 8th place team that just barely made it in?

Should they rebuild as well?

2-2. The series is not over.
You are correct. Never give up hope and a 7 game series is a long story. I'm sorry to be so neg guys. But we're not the Canucks. We're the Habs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Why is it that the people on these boards who talk about having watched the Habs for decades are usually the ones to have the most reactionary responses completely devoid of historical context?
Yes you are right also, us old guys do get too dramatic.

I started this thread not to bash the Habs. They are really trying their best. And I love every guy in the jersey, every one. Don't count me among the blamers and bashers.

It's just not good enough I'm afraid, And that's something we need to discuss.

Why are we failing, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Ice Hockey clubs in History? What should we do?

This thread is a bit Meta. It's an overview thread thrown out there to you guys for free discussion. And no, it's not a 'let's tank' thread.

Let's all cheer for the Habs game 5, game 6, every game.

But why are we losing so much? Why can't we win a cup?

Am I Whining? Yes. But we have history, pride, knowledge, experience, and lots and lots of money.

Why are we not winning?

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
How fast the bashing of Price comes into play is so funny and ridiculous.
You guys are so sensitive when it comes to Price and can't ever admit he can have a bad game.

You guys really need to stop this.

Quote:
If not for Price we wouldn't have back to Montreal up 2-0.
Common... Price didn't steal these two games. The habs played really solid D in front of him.

Quote:
Price may not have been as effective as he was in the first two games, but to be putting this on him and saying he is mentally broken and so on is just laughable.
I agree it's not just his fault and to say he's broken mentally is laughable. But he gave up at least 1 soft goal and 1 stoppable goal in each of the two home games and we lost by 1 goal every time (EDIT: well by 2 goals in game 3 but one was an EN so my point stands), so certainly he needs to share the blame with the rest of the team because he didn't do his job.

The habs did enough to win the games if goaltending had been what it should have been.

And Price did enough to win those games if the team had played like it should have.

Both need to share the blame about equally.

Last edited by Des Louise: 04-22-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As much as it would suck to lose, especially considering it could have easily been 4-0 for us, I would applaud our team. They have battled hard, and let's not forget, we're playing without Markov, Gorges and Maxpac. If Chara alone wasn't there, the Bruins would probably be eliminated today.
Bruins can say whatever they want, if they go through, they will lose in the 2nd round. Despite their incredible depth, they're not that good of a team.
I wouldn't have minded losing against any other team than the bruins. But losing to the bruins really ****ing suck this year. Especially because of how bad the bruins are, and how we should be winning this. With a little bit of luck, or Price playing the way he has all year, it could be 4-0 right now ffs.

Old
04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
You are correct. Never give up hope and a 7 game series is a long story. I'm sorry to be so neg guys. But we're not the Canucks. We're the Habs.

Yes you are right also, us old guys do get too dramatic.

I started this thread not to bash the Habs. They are really trying their best. And I love every guy in the jersey, every one. Don't count me among the blamers and bashers.

Why are we failing, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Ice Hockey clubs in History? What should we do?

This thread is a bit Meta. It's an overview thread thrown out there to you guys for free discussion. And no, it's not a 'let's tank' thread.

Let's all cheer for the Habs game 5, game 6, every game.

But why are we losing so much? Why can't we win a cup?

Am I Whining? Yes. But we have history, pride, knowledge, experience, and lots and lots of money.

Why are we not winning?
Truthfully, if you want to break it down to the most basic elements:

30 > 6.

Not only is it harder to rise to the top now than it ever was in the past, but the droughts will last longer too.

Now that's not an excuse for not putting together a winning team, because even in a 30 team league some rise to the top. But it'll never be like it was in the past. Not just for the Habs, but for anybody.

That being said, I disagree with the notion that we should be upset right now. We're tied 2-2 in a series against a hated rival, and one who many of the experts picked to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. It's a best of 3 and this team has played well enough to have probably won 3 of their past 4 games. We have young guys contributing, we have guys like Gionta and Cammalleri showing their playoff mettle, a coach who has installed a system that gives this team a chance on any given night against any given opponent...

We need to win 2 of 3 against a team we won 4 of 6 against in the regular season. I like those odds. They aren't as good as they were Monday morning, but I still like them.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:46 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Ya you much rather play a team that people say can go to the Stanley Cup Finals
I'll say this right now: whichever team comes out of this series won't win another round. Neither is playing consistently well in 60 minutes. Montreal is showing a serious lack of killer instinct and tendency to go into "We got it in the bag" mode, while Boston keeps digging themselves into holes and their goaltending has not been good.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I wouldn't have minded losing against any other team than the bruins. But losing to the bruins really ****ing suck this year. Especially because of how bad the bruins are, and how we should be winning this. With a little bit of luck, or Price playing the way he has all year, it could be 4-0 right now ffs.
Yes I know that, and agree, but sometimes you have to put your emotions to the side.
It would suck hard to lose to those Bruins, especially this year.
Making them pay for the way they've played against us would be so damn awesome. But cooler heads must prevail, if we end up losing, I will prefer to be positive about our future. In any event, I said Habs would win in 6, and I'm sticking by it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
macavoy

Quote:

Why are we not winning?
The simple answer, its not 1972 anymore where we are only competing with 16 teams. We no longer have special status at the draft.

The reality is, it would be an under statement to say its a lot harder to win the Cup now than it was when we won most of our cups.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote