HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist not a finalist for Vezina

Old
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

vCash: 500
Here's why to me, you have to take Lundqvist.

Lundqvist: 36 wins
Team: 44 wins

Luongo: 38 wins
Team: 54 wins

To me you can't even argue against that. Lundqvist all the way.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Make note that all three of them have a spectacular defense in front of them. I don't care what people say. It really does matter.
I think the Rangers defense is probably as good as any of the other three.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Ail
k.

I'm the super anti-homer, but seriously, when you compare the team Luongo had in front of him, versus the Rangers, lol, I mean what the hell? However, I will say the Rangers defense was incredible for stretches this year. It's not like the Rangers D was abysmal. In fact the D was the next best thing all year, after Henrik. Still, you cannot compare the Rangers to the 'nucks and honestly say the playing field was even for Henrik. I just cannot agree with that decision. Homer or not.

I also agree even Ward deserves the vote over Luongo.

Thomas will probably win anyway, but it's the principle here.

04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
mike14

Without seeing the final voting, how do people get so pissy?

For example if Lundy finished 4th in voting, 1 point behind whoever finished 3rd, does it really matter that he was 4th instead of 3rd due to the opinion of 1 GM, or can everyone just be impressed and glad that we have one of the top goalies in the game and that the GMs of the league recognizes that

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Deric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Here's why to me, you have to take Lundqvist.

Lundqvist: 36 wins
Team: 44 wins

Luongo: 38 wins
Team: 54 wins

To me you can't even argue against that. Lundqvist all the way.
What I see here is Luongo has 2 more wins in 11 less starts.

If the award was best goalie on a sucky team Lundqvist would win every year. Stop being homers and realize its not. If you want him to win the award, they're going to have to score enough goals to get him wins when he gives up 2, 3, or 4 goals in a game. It's just not happening.

Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post

If the award was best goalie on a sucky team Lundqvist would win every year. Stop being homers and realize its not. If you want him to win the award, they're going to have to score enough goals to get him wins when he gives up 2, 3, or 4 goals in a game. It's just not happening.
Oh so now doing more work is a bad thing. That makes sense.

Old
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Ok, Thomas and Rinne I completely understand, but who the hell put that joke of a goal on the ballot?!?!?!?!?!

Out of the other 28 goalies in the league, when you narrow down the good ones, there isn't one goal that means more to their team than Hank does. MTL is pretty good even if they didn't have Price, VAN has an all star team in front of that joke, and Miller wasn't up to the level this year.

I cannot believe that this man, who carried the team, didn't even get a nod. This league is a joke.

04-22-2011, 06:59 PM
messiah

Hey just remember when Luongo had a team like the rangers stacked with young kid d men on the islanders oh yeh and on the panthers he did so great that he was traded twice.He had 1 good year with 30 plus wins and then traded to the stacked canucks and that was his 5th year in the leauge. And if anyone says that stall is way better than any young d man that Luongo had remember the islanders also had one in chara, also didnt lundy not only lead in shutouts he also set the record for 30 plus wins to start a career ......

messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Ok, Thomas and Rinne I completely understand, but who the hell put that joke of a goal on the ballot?!?!?!?!?!

Out of the other 28 goalies in the league, when you narrow down the good ones, there isn't one goal that means more to their team than Hank does. MTL is pretty good even if they didn't have Price, VAN has an all star team in front of that joke, and Miller wasn't up to the level this year.

I cannot believe that this man, who carried the team, didn't even get a nod. This league is a joke.
This is a rant we can all be proud of. Well done.

Old
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
Hey just remember when Luongo had a team like the rangers stacked with young kid d men on the islanders oh yeh and on the panthers he did so great that he was traded twice.He had 1 good year with 30 plus wins and then traded to the stacked canucks and that was his 5th year in the leauge. And if anyone says that stall is way better than any young d man that Luongo had remember the islanders also had one in chara, also didnt lundy not only lead in shutouts he also set the record for 30 plus wins to start a career ......
It is obvious Hank is terrible. LOLuongo is teh best goalie everz

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:47 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
I don't think anyone realizes that Luongo is the only goalie whose in the top 5 in most or ALL goalie categories. Rangers had defense this year. Probably why Lundy isn't a finalist.

Luongo had a couple more wins in less starts and 12 less losses in 6 less starts...

I wanted Lundy to be a finalist but those are pretty key stats right there.

He also had 26 less goals against. He would have to give up AT LEAST 4 goals in 6 games, per game, to even reach 152(Henriks goals against). Doubt Luo would do that. His stats are better, we have to admit it.

Last edited by NYRangers4Life1994: 04-22-2011 at 08:09 PM.
NYRangers4Life1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post

I think your post actually supports Lundquist's candidacy for the Hart moreso than the Vezina.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:12 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I think your post actually supports Lundquist's candidacy for the Hart moreso than the Vezina.
I don't care either way, but my point still stands that he means more to this team than arguably any other goalie in the NHL.

I really don't know of too many teams that rely so heavily on their goalie to keep them in the game. And to get passed up by someone who basically played half the year and played behind an all star team is rubbing salt in the wound.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life1994 View Post
I don't think anyone realizes that Luongo is the only goalie whose in the top 5 in most or ALL goalie categories. Rangers had defense this year. Probably why Lundy isn't a finalist.
well i looked it up here are the categories that they finished in the top 5 lundy so/save%/saves/shots aginst/gaa/wins and luongo save % and wins thats it so look at it he faced more shots so that defence thing you threw in there is wrong.

Old
04-22-2011, 08:22 PM
NYRangers4Life1994

Send a message via AIM to NYRangers4Life1994 Send a message via MSN to NYRangers4Life1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah View Post
well i looked it up here are the categories that they finished in the top 5 lundy so/save%/saves/shots aginst/gaa/wins and luongo save % and wins thats it so look at it he faced more shots so that defence thing you threw in there is wrong.
Actually, i'm pretty sure having defense in front of you is part it as a tie breaker of some sort. You are doing more work.

Lundy vs Luo

Wins- Ranked 6th with 6 games more played
Losses: Ranked 4th MOST with 6 games more played(Luo has 12 less, as stated before...)
Saves: 5th with 6 games more played
GA: 152 with 6 games more played. Luo needs a 4 goals against average for 6 games and there's no way in hell he does that 6 games straight.
GAA: 5th with goalies 50 games or more played
SV%: 5th with 6 games more played - Luo is ranked 2nd

The key stat is Lundy has played 6 more games and Luo still has more wins, less losses, better GAA(by far).

In fact, Thomas and Rinne have SIMILAR stats and far less games played. Sorry I love Lundy as much as the next Rangers fan but Lundy is the odd man out.

NYRangers4Life1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
in the hall

You guys are crazy to expect him to be nominated. Sure he could have been considered, but it's not like he was clearly better than the three that were chosen.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
VaxjoDevil

Lundqvist clearly should have been nominated, imo.

VaxjoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:57 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Some ridiculous homerism in this thread. Lundqvist still had his typical stretch where he couldn't stop a beach ball. Until he erases that month from his calendar he's not winning any Vezinas.

I'm sure he was 4th or 5th in voting anyway. Thomas was winning it this year regardless.
haha... so true.. It seems from some of these posts that every goal Hank lets up it is not his fault. Hank is a really good goalie as he has been very consistent his whole career. He is a rock for this team and has been acknowledged by being the highest paid goalie in the NHL.

However, it seems there are a lot of really good goalies in the NHL these days who could end up having a great statistical season and win the Vezina.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life1994 View Post
Actually, i'm pretty sure having defense in front of you is part it as a tie breaker of some sort. You are doing more work.

Lundy vs Luo

Wins- Ranked 6th with 6 games more played
Losses: Ranked 4th MOST with 6 games more played(Luo has 12 less, as stated before...)
GA: 152 with 6 games more played. Luo needs a 4 goals against average for 6 games and there's no way in hell he does that 6 games straight.
GAA: 5th with goalies 50 games or more played
SV%: 5th with 6 games more played - Luo is ranked 2nd

The key stat is Lundy has played 6 more games and Luo still has more wins, less losses, better GAA(by far).

In fact, Thomas and Rinne have SIMILAR stats and far less games played. Sorry I love Lundy as much as the next Rangers fan but Lundy is the odd man out.
wins tied for third
ga is not out of the question he is running near 4 right now with 5 games played oh yeh its closer to 3 goals a game and being yanked in 2 straight games something i dont think ever happend to lundy
saves lungo would have to face 24 shots a game not out of the question to be less than that
save % /gaa yeh 5th with 6 more games played and in 6 games if he played sav% for lungo would have to go up 0.17 to match lundy and that probally would happen
And the canucks were labled to finish in the top 3 teams in the leauge and the rangers were listed to finish near last in the east out of playoffs so who had the better year and overachived with a lot less

Last edited by messiah: 04-22-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old
04-22-2011, 10:40 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Lundqvist clearly should have been nominated, imo.
He was nominated, along with every other goalie.....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:45 PM
ltrangerfan

The Rangers were built to play low scoring games. The defense is top notch. The forwards number one job is back checking and blocking shots. Scoring goals is always the number two concern. The program works reasonably well. The team is on the outside due to a non existent power play.

The bottom line is that the Rangers play the game which benefits goalie stats.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
The Rangers were built to play low scoring games. The defense is top notch. The forwards number one job is back checking and blocking shots. Scoring goals is always the number two concern. The program works reasonably well. The team is on the outside due to a non existent power play.

The bottom line is that the Rangers play the game which benefits goalie stats.
And teams like Vancouver and Boston don't?

This is the new NHL, right? With it comes shootout stats from goalies. Guess who really, really sticks out as a sore thumb in that regard.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post

What I see is that Luongo has an inflated save percentage and more rest than Hank because he starts less games.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
OverTheCap

There was always a chance that Lundqvist wouldn't be nominated in the top 3, but if some Rangers fans are disappointed that he wasn't, that automatically makes them "homers"?

Let's try this "homer" usage in a different context. We are down 3-1 in this series with the Caps now. There's a decent chance that we won't be able to pull it out. Obviously anyone who thinks the Rangers will win the series is a huge "homer."

Seriously, the accusations of homerism in this thread are a bit odd considering that many non-Rangers fans thought that Lundqvist would be a Vezina candidate.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:08 AM
darko

I tend to agree with Thomas and Rinne. One of Price/Lundqvist deserved a nomination.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote