HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Monarchs Sign Three To Tryouts

Old
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Monarchs Sign Three To Tryouts

Quote:
MANCHESTER, NH – The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed center Robert Czarnik and goaltender Jean-Francois Berube to amateur tryout agreements, and defenseman Shawn Germain to a professional tryout agreement, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.

Czarnik, 21, recently wrapped up his second season with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). Czarnik was tied for the team lead in scoring with 33 goals and a team-leading 44 assists for 77 points (33-44=77). Czarnik’s nine power play goals were also tied for second on the squad. The 6-foot-0, 188-pound native of Detroit, Michigan also tied with current Monarchs teammate, center Tyler Toffoli, for sixth place in the OHL with eight game-winning tallies.

Originally selected by the Kings in the third-round (63rd overall), Czarnik will wear No. 12 for the Monarchs.

Berube, 19, concluded his third season with the Montreal Juniors of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). Appearing in 50 contests in net, Berube posted a 32-7-8 record with a goals-against-average of 2.60, a .902 save percentage and five shutouts. His goals-against-average ranked fifth in the QMJHL and his 32 victories placed him second among league goaltenders. In 10 playoff games with the Juniors, Berube collected a record of 6-4-0 with a 2.79 goals-against-average and a .901 save percentage. Additionally, the 6-foot-1, 155-pound native of Repentigay, Quebec led all goaltenders in the post-season with two shutouts in 10 games.

Drafted by the Kings in the fourth-round (95th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Berube made his professional debut with the Monarchs and recorded his first win stopping 23-of-24 shots in a 4-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on April 2, 2010. In three games with the Monarchs, he posted a 2-1-0 record with a 3.67 goals-against-average and a .855 save percentage. Berube will wear No. 1 for the Monarchs.

Germain, 28, skated with the ECHL’s Ontario Reign in 43 games during the 2010-11 season, scoring four goals and 10 assists for 14 points (4-10=14) and 23 penalty minutes. The veteran defenseman has skated in 346 professional games with the Oklahoma City Blazers (Central Hockey League), the Reading Royals (ECHL), the Hershey Bears (AHL) and the Reign. He has scored 15 goals and recording 67 assists for 82 points (15-67=82) alongside 266 penalty minutes throughout his professional career.

An undrafted free agent out of the University of Waterloo, Germain will wear No. 5 for the Monarchs.

The Monarchs return to home ice on Friday, April 22 to face-off with the Binghamton Senators in game six of the 2011 Calder Cup Atlantic Division Semifinal Series B at the Verizon Wireless Arena at 7:00 p.m. The Monarchs have a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. Catch all the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
I saw this coming, both Czarnik and Berube's seasons are over and Martin Jones hurt himself last week. Berube might be Zatkoff's back-up tonight but Jones might be healthy enough to play. Mark Morris said this morning that he's considering Jones

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Hopefully Manchester will get Moller for the second round. If Jones can get healthy, I think Manchester could make the finals.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yup, although that would make Toffoli the odd man out, I think Moller is much needed in Manchester right about now

Old
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
scoring hasnt been an issue in the playoffs. Have to find an answer for Ryan Potulny. He has killed us so far in this series. Not sure who is starting in goal for the Sens. Former Monarch Barry Brust was pretty much ineffective the first 4 games. I would suspect its Lehner even tho he gave up 4 Wednesday.
Not that I wouldnt mind Moller, having Schenn and Moller and the way Holloway is playing would make the Monarchs a dangerous team if they got it together defensively.
If we win tonight, I think they have a good shot at getting to the Conference Final. Especially if Leggio is the goalie for Portland if they advance.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 04-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Jones vs Lehner tonight

Old
04-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Berube had played with Manchester a little last season and I thought he looked fairly decent. In looking at his physical attributes below, I'd say he needs to eat a burger or two, lol

Wooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

The first two were expected at some point, the third has me scratching my head a bit as I remember Germain from the Royals and him not being good... at all. The thing that keeps bugging me is that the Monarchs seem to be loading up on Kings prospects which is great but why on earth has there been no word on Roe since his season ended? The only thing I can think of is that he'd rather finish school and sign over the summer, but I dunno.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:47 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooshy View Post
Berube had played with Manchester a little last season and I thought he looked fairly decent. In looking at his physical attributes below, I'd say he needs to eat a burger or two, lol
Not really, Zatkoff is only about 175, Jones is 6'4 and he's about 190 but he was about 165 when the Kings signed him. Bernier is only listed as about 185 most places. Goalies usually tend to be on the lighter side as the thought is the less weight you carry the quicker you can get around. Most goalies depending on height end up right around the 190 range at 6'1, give or take from there. It's typically the more athletic guys that carry more weight as they can naturally carry more bulk and still get around easily. 155 is usually were guys like Berube end up at his age as they are just starting to learn the ins and outs of nutrition, and how to hit the weights properly, something alot of goalies are scared to do since they usually see it as something that will slow them down.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote