HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 - Kings vs. Sharks - 04/21/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-22-2011, 07:17 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
They better be ****ing desperate being down 3-1 in the series. The status quo got them to this point.

Time for something new. It only takes one win to start the comeback.
Well sure they should be desperate. I don't have any problem with TM inserted Parse into the lineup.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

The Kings won 3 games in a row 10 different times this season. May as well make it 11.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

So the sharks have never lost a series when up 3-1. Sounds like they just found themselves a new way to choke in the playoffs!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
So the sharks have never lost a series when up 3-1. Sounds like they just found themselves a new way to choke in the playoffs!
The 3-1 comeback has only happened on twenty other occasions in NHL history, that's an 8.7% chance to win the series. I don't see how it is relevant to say that the Sharks had never lost. So they weren't involved in the twenty other times it happened... So what? It's like saying grandma has survived six decades without being hit by a meteorite, therefore her chances at seven are looking good The odds are greater than 182,138,880,000,000 to 1....

Not saying this to you in particular, just in general, because I have seen people cite that stat several times since Hammond posted it, and every time I see it it makes less sense.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I want TwoOutofThree back so he can tell us all how much Quick sucks, he does on Facebook still :laugh

None of those goals in the last two games can be attributed to him. If they help him on backdoors and right in front of the net it might help. His stats would be insane if the Kings werent having breakdowns every 2 seconds.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
... None of those goals in the last two games can be attributed to him. If they help him on backdoors and right in front of the net it might help. His stats would be insane if the Kings werent having breakdowns every 2 seconds.
Excellent point.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Excellent point.
I know how it is for him. Last season team did the same thing, bad stats. This year team the team helps a bit in front and Im have the leagues best stats

Maybe Quick haters will think before bashing

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

there is only do or do not, there is no try. So lets do this in the next 3 games!!!!

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:02 PM
ukyo

The Kings just need to take it a game at a time. The only game that was a clear cut loss was game 4. They've proven they can not only play with the Sharks, they can beat them. They just need to assert that.

And they really need to do that, otherwise this will have been a waste of an avatar (mad props to KingsKnight). I was really looking forward to heading to the Canucks boards to post just "hi" whenever Brown drew a penalty if the Kings got past the Sharks.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
The Kings just need to take it a game at a time. The only game that was a clear cut loss was game 4. They've proven they can not only play with the Sharks, they can beat them. They just need to assert that.

And they really need to do that, otherwise this will have been a waste of an avatar (mad props to KingsKnight). I was really looking forward to heading to the Canucks boards to post just "hi" whenever Brown drew a penalty if the Kings got past the Sharks.
One game at a time is how they have been taking it. Hasn't worked too well It's just a cliche. The wheels have come off. The team has to do a complete 180 on the defensive side of the puck from every defenseman to every forward.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:11 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
One game at a time is how they have been taking it. Hasn't worked too well It's just a cliche. The wheels have come off. The team has to do a complete 180 on the defensive side of the puck from every defenseman to every forward.
I don't care. They need to get it together somehow, dammit. They can't be wasting the trolling potential of this avatar.

Seriously speaking, how is it a cliche? It's only just a cliche when the Kings had no business winning any of the other games. That hasn't been the case. Look at the CHI/VAN series. The Hawks were finished after game 3, right?

Old
04-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't care. They need to get it together somehow, dammit. They can't be wasting the trolling potential of this avatar.

Seriously speaking, how is it a cliche? It's only just a cliche when the Kings had no business winning any of the other games. That hasn't been the case. Look at the CHI/VAN series. The Hawks were finished after game 3, right?
It's a cliche because every team down in a series talks about taking it one game at a time. Though some break it down into micro cliches and start with one period, one shift, etc. at a time.

Old
04-22-2011, 11:33 PM
ukyo

Quote:
It's a cliche because every team down in a series talks about taking it one game at a time. Though some break it down into micro cliches and start with one period, one shift, etc. at a time.
See, I'd be following you on my way off the cliff if the Sharks had just steamrolled the Kings through the first four games. But they didn't; the Kings had outplayed the Sharks for all but two periods before game 4, and the series could easily be 3-1 Kings right now. You don't think the Kings could play just like they did in games 1-3, but with just one less mistake per game?

It's not always JUST a cliche. Sometimes it's just perspective.

Old
04-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
See, I'd be following you on my way off the cliff if the Sharks had just steamrolled the Kings through the first four games. But they didn't; the Kings had outplayed the Sharks for all but two periods before game 4, and the series could easily be 3-1 Kings right now. You don't think the Kings could play just like they did in games 1-3, but with just one less mistake per game?

It's not always JUST a cliche. Sometimes it's just perspective.
Perspective cannot be defeated.

I am not going off the cliff. I always believe we can win even if I should know better.

Old
04-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

TooToo played great. He earned that beer...

What? Too soon?

Old
04-23-2011, 12:08 AM
KingLB

Quote:
TooToo played great. He earned that beer...

What? Too soon?
It's never to early, its never to soon.....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:53 AM
ukyo

Quote:
Perspective cannot be defeated.

I am not going off the cliff. I always believe we can win even if I should know better.
I one-up you then. I have actually convinced myself that we can win three straight games. All because I want to troll the Nucks board without getting an infraction.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:33 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
I one-up you then. I have actually convinced myself that we can win three straight games. All because I want to troll the Nucks board without getting an infraction.
Ha, good luck with that. There's some sensitive people over there that will get upset if you even compliment their team.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote