HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist not a finalist for Vezina

Old
04-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Thomas
Rinne
Hank

Thats how I had it.

Bull ****ING SHEOT on Hank not being named for Vez.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:17 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Without seeing the final voting, how do people get so pissy?

For example if Lundy finished 4th in voting, 1 point behind whoever finished 3rd, does it really matter that he was 4th instead of 3rd due to the opinion of 1 GM, or can everyone just be impressed and glad that we have one of the top goalies in the game and that the GMs of the league recognizes that
I don't know how the voting works but I'm sure there were a lot of Western Conference GMs divided on their voting between Rinne and Luongo. A Western Conference GM is more likely to give a goalie they see more often their 1, 2, or 3 vote whilst all the Eastern Conference GMs have Thomas penciled in as an automatic #1 and then its a dog fight for nom points between Lundqvist, Price, and Ward. Granted they could also vote for a Western Conference goalie but I think it's more likely they'll vote for someone they're more familiar with. I think it was just a numbers game that causes Luongo to sneak in.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Section 409
FANATIC

Vezina is just a contest of save % and GAA. If I were to take this trophy more seriously, a goalie with 57 games played wouldn't be a shoe-in.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I tend to agree with Thomas and Rinne. One of Price/Lundqvist deserved a nomination.
Tomas and Rinne DEFINITELY deserve to be there ahead of Henrik...IMHO i could understand why Price or Ward would be nominated ahead of Lundqvist...not Luongo though, the team in front of him was awesome, he rarely had to steal games for them. Frankly I think Cam Ward may have deserved a nomination over Henrik. He had an unreal season. When you watch Hurricanes games this season it was basically the Cam Ward show...they played liek crap in front of him imho, he was spectacular almost every night..and didnt he play like 76 games or something unreal like that?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:28 AM
mm11

Geez, Hank is great but so are alot of NHL netminders. All three guys nominated had great years. Heck look at Cam Ward and Carey Price that were not on the list, its a super competitive league.

Since some are measuring performance on stats ( 11 shutouts plus 30 something wins) then who is accountable for the TEAM being 4th in GA while being a healthy + 30 and also something to which may I be so bold and predict without looking up the stats, top 5 in shots blocked shots all while being 11th in goals scored in the entire NHL this year?

Please don't accuse me of not watching the king play this year because I have seen his performances.He was epic in some cases and was classic Lundqvist, he is just super consistent every year and extremely durable which makes him one of the best on this planet but let's call a spade a spade and give credit to other goaltenders who deserved the nomination over the king.

I would think Hank himself cares more about playoff series wins to which he not won much over meaningless Vezina nominations.

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:20 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Perfect timing to announce LOLongo's nomination after was pulled in two consecutive playoff games.
seriously. What a load of ****.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 06:23 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
The Rangers were built to play low scoring games. The defense is top notch. The forwards number one job is back checking and blocking shots. Scoring goals is always the number two concern. The program works reasonably well. The team is on the outside due to a non existent power play.

The bottom line is that the Rangers play the game which benefits goalie stats.
Interesting post. It seems that way with the way the team is built. Why not build your team around an impressive group of NHL defenseman (Staal, Girardi and etc) and a rock of goalie with Hank.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:22 AM
GarretJoseph

LOLoungo

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Thomas
Rinne
Hank

Thats how I had it.

Bull ****ING SHEOT on Hank not being named for Vez.
Agree. I LOVE LOU! But Henrik not in there is a joke! Thomas will win it. there is no other this year

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
seriously. What a load of ****.
LOL yeah Joke is on NHL, thanks alot

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:58 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
What about games?

Plus look at what Luongo's backup did. On that stacked a team it's easy for a goalie to put up huge numbers.
Look at what our backup did. Biron, had he not been hurt, probably would have finished with better numbers (not wins obviously) than Henrik. Proves that the Rangers (during the regular season) are a good defensive team and both goalies benefit from it.

I think Lundqvist would have been a finalist because he single-handed kept the Rangers alive for almost two months down the stretch, but that horrible stretch February ultimately did him in.

But statistically Luongo beat Henrik in the Big 3. It's not his fault he plays for a great team. He had a better year, plain and simple.

Plus, nobody seems to mention the massive injuries on Vancouver's defense this year. I'm sure that played a role.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:46 AM
number71*

After that 3-0 collapse capped by the gabby gaffe, as much as I don't like it, I think not having Lundquist in the Vezina nominations makes sense.

number71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:53 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by number71 View Post
After that 3-0 collapse capped by the gabby gaffe, as much as I don't like it, I think not having Lundquist in the Vezina nominations makes sense.
What does 1 playoff game have to do with a regular season award?

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

I don't usually resort to simple stupid smileys as an answer but

...and that's LundqVist.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:

Not like the playoffs factor in anyway, but it makes sense for Luongo to be nominated, who had to be pulled twice in two elimination games and is choking hard in closing out the Blackhawks, or Thomas, who has been letting in softies all series long? OK.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Just because he had one bad game in a series, doesn't mean he's not Vezina worthy. Hank also played every game down the stretch leading up to the playoffs and he still won 9-12.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:21 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
What does 1 playoff game have to do with a regular season award?
Who knows, but people seem to be getting on Luongo due to poor post-season play so........

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:54 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
If Luongo played for any team further south, he doesn't get the nomination.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
NYRandazzo

It's a shame that we can't put a team in front of him that can score goals. If Lundqvist was on a team like Tampa they would have finished with about 120 points. That team is all around the best team in the league except for the goalie position. Can you imagine if TB had Lundqvist? They would be the best team since the lockout. I'm not saying I want Hank traded but just analyzing if he had a great team in front of him.

NYRandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRandazzo View Post
It's a shame that we can't put a team in front of him that can score goals. If Lundqvist was on a team like Tampa they would have finished with about 120 points. That team is all around the best team in the league except for the goalie position. Can you imagine if TB had Lundqvist? They would be the best team since the lockout. I'm not saying I want Hank traded but just analyzing if he had a great team in front of him.
Nothing would change.

It is time for love affair with Lundqvist to end. He is better than average, but nothing special to nominate for the best.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote