HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official positivity thread™

Old
04-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Here's for a positive:

After his three-point night, Cammalleri is now one-point away from Corey Perry, leading scorer of the playoffs with 8 points. He's also tied for second in assists with Keith Yandle and Ian White, once again only behind Perry who has 6 assists.

Good to see Cammy step it up again this year.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:24 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Here's for a positive:

After his three-point night, Cammalleri is now one-point away from Corey Perry, leading scorer of the playoffs with 8 points. He's also tied for second in goals with Keith Yandle and Ian White (lolwtf), once again only behind Perry who has 6 goals.

Good to see Cammy step it up again this year.
He's playing great.

Pleks, Gomez, Gionta playing good too.

I have faith baby!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

even though pleks is not amassing the points like we'd hope he would, he is an awesome shutdown forward. always 110% effort. <3 the guy

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:08 AM
ToysInTheAttic

3 game series. Habs can do it.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:23 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

momentum means nothing. the bruins proved it!

Play on the road=playing smarter!

Go GO

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
HeShootsHeScores

They had 2 chances to win at home and it didn't happen. How about winning the next 2 games and finally have something to celebrate for at home? I believe. This team is well built. This team doesn't give a damn about momentum. They will shut down the bruins in boston and they will have learned there lesson for game 6 in montreal.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:17 AM
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
All we have to do is win the first game of the first round. AT ALL COST! Then you'll see what this team is capable of.
Lose 2 at home ?

AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
They had 2 chances to win at home and it didn't happen. How about winning the next 2 games and finally have something to celebrate for at home? I believe. This team is well built. This team doesn't give a damn about momentum. They will shut down the bruins in boston and they will have learned there lesson for game 6 in montreal.
I believe this team needs to be the underdog to win. It shows how fragile they are, but it is what it is. When people think the Habs are down and out, they come back and surprise everybody. However, it seems they cannot handle having a lead, psychologically at least. I wish I had deeper knowledge of psychology because there's a good analysis to make here. What are the psychological ties and effects of not being able to keep playing the game plan when leading?

Anyhow, Habs are back in the underdog role and they will thrive, once again.

Old
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
LyleOdelein

I'm definitely frustrated by some of the mistakes that have severely cost the team in the last two games, but I'm certainly not of the mind that the Habs are in a bad position right now.

The main thing that has me optimistic is how they've completely shut down the Bruins first line. The lackluster effort of Lucic and Horton has helped them do this, but Pleks, Subban and Gill deserve a ton of credit for this as well.

It's a best of three series now and the Bruins are relying heavily on Ryder/Kelly/Peverley/Recchi/Marchand/Bergeron to provide almost all of their offense. It's worked for two games, but I don't think the Bruins can consistently win with those guys being their go-to players. If the Habs bottom 4 defensemen can step up their game by even a modest increment, I have a feeling the B's could once again become a team that has profound scoring difficulties.

This is definitely still winnable.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Miller Time

Subban, Cammy, Pleks, A.Kost and Price have all been excellent this series... playing as well or better than we could have expected.

DD, White & Eller (in the few minutes they get every game) have all shown that we have some bright young players on the way up.

Moen, Hamrlik, Gill, Halpern, Pyatt, Darche have all provided the kind of steady veteran play you need in the playoffs... unspectacular, but solid.

and let's just not speak about the rest.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:56 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I believe this team needs to be the underdog to win. It shows how fragile they are, but it is what it is. When people think the Habs are down and out, they come back and surprise everybody. However, it seems they cannot handle having a lead, psychologically at least. I wish I had deeper knowledge of psychology because there's a good analysis to make here. What are the psychological ties and effects of not being able to keep playing the game plan when leading?

Anyhow, Habs are back in the underdog role and they will thrive, once again.
When you are fearless, you are strong. When you are cautious, you are weak.

Things I've learned from watching the Habs.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:01 AM
E = CH˛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
who is saying he's choking?

if anything, i'd say thomas is having some difficulty over there...
The goalies haven't been making the difference in this one.

E = CH˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
When you are fearless, you are strong. When you are cautious, you are weak.

Things I've learned from watching the Habs.
That sums it up pretty well.

Old
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Cupmonger

I just love these losers who lose all hope after the last two games. Seriously? We're up by 2 so most expect a sweep? C'mon be realistic! Sure I would have loved it, but sweeping the Bruins... People lose confidence cause in game 3 we played like ****? I'll agree, we weren't too good for 35 minutes in that game, but we came back, while it may be too late, it still demonstrates that we didn't give up. Last night, we lose another heartbreaker. You have to hand it to the Bruins, they got very opportunistic with the few chances we gave them. It happens. Somehow, now people think we're going to lose the series.

THESE ARE THE SERIES. Anything can happen, it's survival of the fittest. You get bitten,sometimes, and other times you bite back. Don't give me that momentum is on the Bruins side ********. If that made any sens, the Canucks-Hawks series would be long over by now. If it made any sens, last year, we would have faced the Bruins and not the Flyers in the conference finals because they were leading 3-0.

Quit making stupid excuses. Quit bashing our players in retarded ways. Actually, give credit to the Bruins for winning the way they did. But this series is far from over! You don't want to believe? You won't stop making ****** excuses? Well get the **** out and cheer for some other team. We, real Habs fans, don't want you here.

Us real Habs fans, we stick with the team and we believe we'll win even if the odds are stacked against us, even if we're losing 3-0 in a series, even if half our roster is injured. I'm glad to see that there some real habs fans around here. I believe! We believe! Go Habs GO! This ain't over yet!

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Franky Gee

The things I've learned from this series is that there's no logic behind who wins and who loses and that momentum doesn't mean much.

So anything can still happen.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Hermamoud

With the way the games are won, we can say that the Canadiens have Away ice advantage

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 05:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Subban, Cammy, Pleks, A.Kost and Price have all been excellent this series... playing as well or better than we could have expected.

DD, White & Eller (in the few minutes they get every game) have all shown that we have some bright young players on the way up.

Moen, Hamrlik, Gill, Halpern, Pyatt, Darche have all provided the kind of steady veteran play you need in the playoffs... unspectacular, but solid.

and let's just not speak about the rest.
sorry, kinda had to point out that pyatt is like, not even, like, close to being a vetera

but clutch he has been

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:04 AM
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
The things I've learned from this series is that there's no logic behind who wins and who loses and that momentum doesn't mean much.

This.

We're badly missing Markov, Gorges and to a lesser extent MaxPac. I'm saying to a lesser extent because he's still unproven in the playoffs.

But this team is so resilient, they're playing like they don't need them.Screw that momemtum thing, that means nothing.

I don't see them as contender of course. I mean... not this year

Old
04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
This.

We're badly missing Markov, Gorges and to a lesser extent MaxPac. I'm saying to a lesser extent because he's still unproven in the playoffs.

But this team is so resilient, they're playing like they don't need them.Screw that momemtum thing, that means nothing.

I don't see them as contender of course. I mean... not this year
I'll save the positivity for 10 pm tonite,if we can win. How lame is this injury excuse? Markov may not be on the team next year,and if he is ,and get hurt,you got another season long excuse-fest

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:28 AM
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I'll save the positivity for 10 pm tonite,if we can win. How lame is this injury excuse? Markov may not be on the team next year,and if he is ,and get hurt,you got another season long excuse-fest
Well thank you. Just read the thread title please and ask yourself if we do care about your opinion

(hint : the answer is no)

Old
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Dude, its a posivity thread

Don't post if you can't be positive, not too complicated, no?

Go Habs Go !!!!

Habs in 6

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

(these guys think the Habs will win)-->

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:02 AM
JHabs61

Quote:
If you didn't read the thread title, it clearly states- DON'T BE A POO POO HEAD.
Positive thread

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post

You have great taste in women.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
sorry, kinda had to point out that pyatt is like, not even, like, close to being a vetera

but clutch he has been
oops...

i was thinking "complementary player" but ended up writing veteran. but yeah, main point is that he's been delivering as much as we could have expected from him.

how's this for positivity:

PLAYOFF GAME TONIGHT VS HATED RIVAL.... YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote