HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

AHL Playoff Gm#6 : MONARCHS vs Senators: Friday, Apr. 22, 'Narchs LOSE, Series 3-3

Old
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Jones played really well. The goal was a shot that went wide and the Binghamton player wrapped it around on the other side. Jones couldn't get post to post quick enough. Holloway didn't even make a move on his penaltu shot and just shot it over the net.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:18 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I don't like the odds for game 7. Monarchs are heading into this game on a 2 game losing streak, Bingo's got all the momentum. Can't go to another overtime, have to finish them early in regulation.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I don't like the odds for game 7. Monarchs are heading into this game on a 2 game losing streak, Bingo's got all the momentum. Can't go to another overtime, have to finish them early in regulation.
But do we have the gas?? Playing 4 d-man is gonna wreck havoc on stamina eventually..

Again, I'm not using excuses but we have 4 defensemen, and 2 green rookies dressed..injuries have caused us problems but it's turned out to be a great series..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Nervous time. Schenn is becoming a bad luck charm Hopefully our boys pull through. Monarchs will win game 7! GO MONARCHS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
hockeynutz

i understand shortening up the bench in OT, but for morris to play only 6-7 forwards in both OTs is unconscionable. the guys were gassed, and it showed. the d-men were in a little better shape, but not by much. it was obvious that the d wasn't able to get into position to keep the wraparound from happening.

ugh.

this series should have been done 2 games ago.

6 games, 4 OT games - tonight had better be a blowout. long time bingo people believe that the Monarchs will win, as the bingo d 'can't keep up'. we'll see.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:50 AM
TKFAN

Almost all of the time, I agree with what Morris does....but in OT I was scratching my head trying to figure out why so few guys were playing....I certainly wouldn't put Nolan or Johnson out there, but really 6-7 forwards coach.

The Monarchs should have ended this round in game 5 in Binghamton. We'll be there tonight loud and proud, so come on boys, get the win in regulation and remember, regulation is playing 60 minutes.

Lets Go Monarchs.

Then on to the Kings game at 10:30pm............. GO KINGS GO!!!

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:02 AM
lafan

I wouldnt be putting much on this board about Holloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Jones played really well. The goal was a shot that went wide and the Binghamton player wrapped it around on the other side. Jones couldn't get post to post quick enough. Holloway didn't even make a move on his penaltu shot and just shot it over the net.
he has put up 8 points in the last four games, if that was Schenn that would be front page news in LA.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:37 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Toffoli better be back in tonight, Morris needs to roll 4 lines and Tyler T brings more to the table than Justin Johnson

Old
04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Chazz Reinhold

I wasn't ragging on Holloway. If you read my earlier post you would see that I thought he was one of the best forwards last night. I was just being honest and saying that he made absolutely no attempt to move the goalie on the penalty shot.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It's the first game 7 home game in Manchester history.

Go Monarchs!

Game 7 – Binghamton at Manchester, 7:00 (Series tied, 3-3)
Break out the clichés and get set for the first Game 7 of the 2011 Calder Cup Finals tonight, as Manchester hosts Binghamton with a trip to the Atlantic Division Finals against either Portland or Connecticut on the line… The Senators have rallied from a 3-1 series deficit to force this decisive contest, and all three of Binghamton’s victories in the series have come in overtime… The 2008 Syracuse Crunch (first round vs. Manitoba) stand as the only team in AHL history to collect four overtime wins in the same series… Binghamton needed double overtime in Game 6 on Friday night before defenseman Geoff Kinrade tucked a wraparound goal behind Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones at 10:01 for the game-winner… It marked the first career postseason goal for Kinrade, who has totaled 13 goals (13-39-52) in 154 regular-season AHL games over the past two campaigns with Binghamton… Kinrade’s goal came a little more than five minutes after Monarchs forward Bud Holloway was awarded a penalty shot with a chance to win the series; Holloway, whose nine points (3-6-9) are tied for the AHL lead, was denied by B-Sens netminder Robin Lehner… Lehner finished with a career-high 51 saves to pick up his second straight victory in net… Manchester’s Justin Azevedo and Binghamton’s Bobby Butler scored in regulation on Friday, each nabbing his third goal of the series… Butler has a goal in three of his last four games (3-1-4) after being held without a point in his first two postseason outings… Senators forwards Erik Condra and Jim O’Brien had each gone scoreless in the series’ first five games before posting two assists apiece in the Game 6 victory… Manchester’s Azevedo has a point in five of his first six playoff contests (3-4-7), while rookie Brayden Schenn (1-3-4) was held off the scoresheet on Friday for the first time in four games since joining the Monarchs… Tonight marks the Senators’ first winner-take-all postseason contest since joining the AHL in 2002… The Monarchs are appearing in their first Game 7 since falling to Hartford in the 2006 division semifinals; Manchester is 0-2 lifetime in winner-take-all tilts.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:14 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Toffoli better be back in tonight, Morris needs to roll 4 lines and Tyler T brings more to the table than Justin Johnson
Anyone would bring more to the table than Johnson - he's ok if it's a physical game and you expect fights.....tonight's game is way way too important for Johnson to play.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:27 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah, let's hope Toffoli plays since he hasn't played since Thursday and should be all energetic while the other guys might be a little tired since it's a back-to-back and double OT will do that to you.

Go Monarchs

Old
04-23-2011, 12:38 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nervous time. Schenn is becoming a bad luck charm Hopefully our boys pull through. Monarchs will win game 7! GO MONARCHS!
lets hope not. One thing Ive noticed over the last two years is that the teams he has been on have kind of fizzled out in the playoffs/tournaments. Brandon Wheaties last year in the WHL playoffs and the Memorial cup, last year in the WJ's when they lost to America, the choke this year at the WJ's, getting swept by kootenay, and now facing elimination in a first round series where they had a 3 games to 1 lead.

Not saying its his fault, and I know there have been times that he has been playing hurt in those big games, but I feel like he needs this to build the confidence. Losing that much in big games would probably get to a lot of people.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote