HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ference fined $2500 by NHL

Old
04-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
What Wisniewski did was directed at Avery, the kind of stupidity. What Boynton did was directed at Jones, another player. What Ference did was directed at the fans, those who pay Bettman's and Campbell's salary. Because I swear doesn't mean that it is tolerated towards an official... More than the gesture, it's the consistency.

Have the rules changed since the start of the season? Why is it the maximum now and both Wiz and Boynton got suspensions? (Honest question here)
To answer your question, I'll give you the same answer I've been giving since the start of the playoffs; A suspension in the playoffs is a lot less severe than one given during the season.

For the same hit, Downie received 20 games for a hit on McAmmond in a PRE-SEASON game. In this year's playoffs, one game. For the same hit. Blind-side hit, feet leaves the ice.

For the same action, Kubina got three games for an elbow to the head. Kunitz, got one game in this year's playoffs.

There is an unwritten rule that severity of suspensions decreases during the playoffs. The proof is right there, in front of our eyes.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 05:48 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Typical classes Bruins behavior. It trickles down from the top. If you only knew what I do about Neely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHABSFAN View Post
what that he is a classless ******* puke cry baby that never won a Stanley Cup
No, everyone knows that.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
jlgib21*

It's just a diversion to our massive choke the other night. The same people calling for a susp. are obviosly the same ones who tied up the 911 emergency lines on the Chara/Pac hit

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:03 AM
BobbyFischer*

2,500$ for someone who makes 500,000$+ a year is peanuts

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:10 AM
NBP81

My glove got stuck, the dog hate my homework, I cant come in today... I'm sick(on a sunny summer friday)... cue the ''you think I'm stupid? look''....

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
To answer your question, I'll give you the same answer I've been giving since the start of the playoffs; A suspension in the playoffs is a lot less severe than one given during the season.

For the same hit, Downie received 20 games for a hit on McAmmond in a PRE-SEASON game. In this year's playoffs, one game. For the same hit. Blind-side hit, feet leaves the ice.

For the same action, Kubina got three games for an elbow to the head. Kunitz, got one game in this year's playoffs.

There is an unwritten rule that severity of suspensions decreases during the playoffs. The proof is right there, in front of our eyes.
While I appreciate what you're saying, that's not an answer to the question. If the maximum punishment for a gesture is a $2,500 fine, why were Wisniewski and Boynton suspended? As far as I know, we're talking about the same CBA at the start of the season as what we have in place today. Yes, some will argue that the first two were "worse" than Ference's (debatable), but the first two were also directed at other players, not at those paying the bill to be there...

Again as a fan, I want accountability and consistency. I really don't feel that those are unreasonable expectations but with the two clowns at the top of this league, it certainly seems like it is. It sure seems like there is favoritism towards Boston. It may not be the case, but it sure as hell looks like it.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Native

i had liked ference, always thought he was a stand up guy. wasn't he the one that called out his own teammate for giving a headshot?

i agree with others, he should have manned up and just said sorry, no flimsy excuse. it was a bonehead reaction in the heat of the moment.

like recchi playing doctor and subsequent poor reasoning, or even chara claiming not to know who he hit, just dumb comments that's painting that team in an ugly way.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While I appreciate what you're saying, that's not an answer to the question. If the maximum punishment for a gesture is a $2,500 fine, why were Wisniewski and Boynton suspended? As far as I know, we're talking about the same CBA at the start of the season as what we have in place today. Yes, some will argue that the first two were "worse" than Ference's (debatable), but the first two were also directed at other players, not at those paying the bill to be there...

Again as a fan, I want accountability and consistency. I really don't feel that those are unreasonable expectations but with the two clowns at the top of this league, it certainly seems like it is. It sure seems like there is favoritism towards Boston. It may not be the case, but it sure as hell looks like it.
Hey, maybe it's just me. I find telling someone to suck on something or cutting your throat in a way of telling a person, you're dead, is far worse than giving a bunch of people that are booing you, the finger.

To be honest, I'm not sure if under CBA, the throat slash and the oral movement is more punishable than a finger. For all I know, it's the same ruling and you're dead on with calling them inconsistent. All I'm saying is, if I'm in their position, I make the same call. I'd rather have a ten year old flip me off then make a cut throat gesture or pretend to be sucking on something. That's just me though.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:32 AM
habfaninvictoria

I don't really care about the finger.... It's kinda funny and shows just how much we're in these guys heads.

What I do care about is the complete farce that is the NHL. They are continually presented with opportunities to show that they are serious about the on ice conduct of their players, and continually fail.

With all the hits to the head last week going unpunished to varying degrees the nhl sent the exact wrong message. Suspend Kunitz, Torres and Downie for the remainder of a series then they actually do something to deter head shots.

With this finger he's basically saying its a non issue, and with regards to hockey it is. But Ference's lame explanation speaks volumes about Boston. They really haven't been held to account for so many of their violations this past year, and probably for many. They don't seem to own up to any of their actions in a game. There is always an excuse. I didn't know where I was on the Ice... I didn't know who it was... My elbow slipped ... I'm 2 feet taller than everyone else... I have a genetic predisposition to stupidity .... My glove stuck.

If Ference had owned up to it, I'd have no problem with the no suspension, even though the bar really had been set by previous suspensions. By coming up with a lame excuse he just confirms what I already know about the B's. They're a spoiled punk that never owns up to their actions and is never held to account by anyone. I'm sure there will be a picture of this somewhere in the habs room and they'll be held to account in the best way possible, let em go out and cheat at golf, as I'm sure they do.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Bermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
The middle finger that was hidden on the replay by TSN after the game..

Might as well have every player on any team do the finger at least once and claim your finger was stuck. That's the stupidest excuse I've ever heard.. Like I've every had my fingers stuck in my glove before.. He lied, plain and simple...
Ya true, his excuse was pretty stupid haha. If you're gonna flip the bird, at least own up to it

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:36 PM
habtastic

What I would give to find out what a bruin said after their last win, something apparently posted on the Habs dressing room board. Bet anything it's Marchand. Of couse, we'll never know. Habs are focused, not gonna use any motivation except winning the series.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
i had liked ference, always thought he was a stand up guy. wasn't he the one that called out his own teammate for giving a headshot?

i agree with others, he should have manned up and just said sorry, no flimsy excuse. it was a bonehead reaction in the heat of the moment.

like recchi playing doctor and subsequent poor reasoning, or even chara claiming not to know who he hit, just dumb comments that's painting that team in an ugly way.
Per Joel at RDS, Ference is as dumb and classless as it comes. Pure idioty in this one.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

His finger got stuck in his glove. I trust him...it's pretty clear. If you don't, Ference You.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Milhouse40

$2 500......actually it's a lot of money and a severe sanction.......considering the fact that if he had thrown a guy in the post and almost decapitated him...the fined would have been nothing at all!!

Seriously, $2 500 for the offence is one thing....but he should have got a 2 games suspensions just for the stupid excuses he gave after the game. At least, have the balls to back it up dumbass!

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Per Joel at RDS, Ference is as dumb and classless as it comes. Pure idioty in this one.
really, what did joel say? ferrence doesn't make the news that often.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
What I would give to find out what a bruin said after their last win, something apparently posted on the Habs dressing room board. Bet anything it's Marchand. Of couse, we'll never know. Habs are focused, not gonna use any motivation except winning the series.
I heard the same thing......
Actually it seems the comments is coming from Bergeron
not sure¸
but that's some poeple are saying

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:38 PM
holyhabs87

I think it was Darche that said he should have gotten suspended for his excuse alone. I thought the fine was very little but whatever, I really don't care.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote