HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF Gm#5: KINGS @ SHARKS - Saturday, 4/23 @ 7:30 pm | FS-Prime, Versus, TSN, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
JR28

vCash: 500
Chicago down 3-1 to Vancouver win game 5 7-0. Tampa Bay down 3-1 to Pittsburgh is now ahead 5-0 in game 5 (2nd period now.) This can be done. Just go out, play hard, play like you did th first 2 games of the series and we can do this. Like Willie Mitchell said, it isn't like they have played real bad to be down 3-1, they have just played bad for like 2 or 3 periods. So GO KINGS GO....

Old
04-23-2011, 12:44 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... Well, we officially have a must win game on our hands tonight.

And, I wonder who is going to be the scapegoat with Penner out of the lineup. It's also amusing that Murray scratched Penner because he apparently doesn't comprehend using him in the proper way.

Stoll's on the fourth line, too? Well done, Terry! When I woke up this morning, I thought to myself "I can't WAIT to see Handzus play first line center again and go 4 for 23 on the draw!"

It's almost like Murray's trying to get it over with so he can talk about Kopitar being out some more. Oh, but he's NOT making excuses or anything! Right.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Its sink of swim tonight. Although if we're in shark water, sinking might be a quicker end then getting eaten. Nevermind bad analogy.

Must win game

GO KINGS GO!

Old
04-23-2011, 01:24 PM
kingdoughty

is there an interview from penner on being scratched? i would like to hear that

edit: found it on the kings website....its weird that he's not mad/disappointed about being scratched....

Old
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
eleventy

Going with the reverse jinx on this one.

We're ****ed. Peace out.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
johnjm22

The Kings are a much better team away from Staples Center right now. For whatever reason, they're much less prone to defensive lapses on the road.

I'm confident there will be a game 6. I am not confident there will be a game 7.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Penner scratched for getting 6 goals.
Two of them when the opponent 4th line center neutralized Doughty.
If someone should be scratched it's Doughty and Greene.

ok....... whatever.

If we start stuff like that we should suspend Stoll again.
2 loses with him and the only win when he was suspended.

Or way better we scratch Murray

Old
04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
OK Computer

Game #87 this year, and for the first time all season I will choose to not watch the game; I'm not even going to waste my time with this crap anymore. I will be SHOCKED if we keep it within 2 goals. I'm not going to bother getting all upset tonight because of some senile old fart; tired of this junk.

Hopefully the team heads in the proper direction over the course of the offseason.

Good luck to all of you who are going to be putting up with this crap tonight. Hopefully the boys can win; I doubt it though.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
ShattStar03

Moment of truth tonight. No one is giving us a chance in hell to win this game.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
Game #87 this year, and for the first time all season I will choose to not watch the game; I'm not even going to waste my time with this crap anymore. I will be SHOCKED if we keep it within 2 goals. I'm not going to bother getting all upset tonight because of some senile old fart; tired of this junk.

Hopefully the team heads in the proper direction over the course of the offseason.

Good luck to all of you who are going to be putting up with this crap tonight. Hopefully the boys can win; I doubt it though.
I'm not watching either, only thing I feel like I'm missing is the last game for Kompon, Handzus and Ponikarovski. Adios.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
compan

Kings have this one tonight.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Hey does anyone else HATE the choice of music for the broadcasts?

I'm a drummer of over 25 years, I love ALL types of music. I have a special place in my heart for South Bay punk rock (Descendants, FYP, Black Flag, etc.).

That said, I can't stand the Briggs. Off-key, boring, sloppy. All image no substance. I wish the Kings would pick a new music director and send these clowns back to obscurity. Maybe if we make it to game 6 these guys can sit that one out. Do you think we can start a broadcast without listening to this or some Nickelback wannabe band or some pop-punk bubblegum nonsense?

Just had to get this off my chest, sorry.

Old
04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:

Geez guys, haven't you learned anything? ANYTHING can happen. This has been proven so many times this season and the hundred before it.

It makes me sad when people just give up. Oh well, your choice I guess.

The odds are stacked against us BUT SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

reverse jinx.

We are so ****ed that we'll be sore until October.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

"Why doesn't TM hold the players accountable and discipline them when they play badly!?"

"WHAT? Why would he scratch PENNER?!)"

The guy just can't win around here.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:07 PM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Geez guys, haven't you learned anything? ANYTHING can happen. This has been proven so many times this season and the hundred before it.

It makes me sad when people just give up. Oh well, your choice I guess.

The odds are stacked against us BUT SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.
I know anything can happen, and I do support the boys; I'm just tired of Terry Murray is all. Why let that dumbass ruin my Saturday night when I can be enjoying myself instead?

Old
04-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
"Why doesn't TM hold the players accountable and discipline them when they play badly!?"

"WHAT? Why would he scratch PENNER?!)"

The guy just can't win around here.
"#LAKings will keep Dustin Penner in lineup, with Stoll and Westgarth. Ponikarovsky comes out, Moller stays out."

...hm.

Edit: sorry, wasn't really directed AT you...just Pennertalk.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:11 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
I know anything can happen, and I do support the boys; I'm just tired of Terry Murray is all. Why let that dumbass ruin my Saturday night when I can be enjoying myself instead?
I know man.... sorry to single you out... I know alot of us feel the same way as you.

I'm just frustrated...

On the bright side, if they lose tonight I can shave this stupid beard and get on with my life and enjoy the summer.

If not.... more heavy drinking, eating, stress and worry..

Last edited by The Butcher: 04-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old
04-23-2011, 02:13 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Hey does anyone else HATE the choice of music for the broadcasts?

I'm a drummer of over 25 years, I love ALL types of music. I have a special place in my heart for South Bay punk rock (Descendants, FYP, Black Flag, etc.).

That said, I can't stand the Briggs. Off-key, boring, sloppy. All image no substance. I wish the Kings would pick a new music director and send these clowns back to obscurity. Maybe if we make it to game 6 these guys can sit that one out. Do you think we can start a broadcast without listening to this or some Nickelback wannabe band or some pop-punk bubblegum nonsense?

Just had to get this off my chest, sorry.
I don't think we have the budget to get a big band in. They are what they are, they're just there to pump up the crowd. I just wish they would put the lyrics up so I could figure out what they're saying. All I get is the first part of the chorus and then I'm lost.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I don't think we have the budget to get a big band in. They are what they are, they're just there to pump up the crowd. I just wish they would put the lyrics up so I could figure out what they're saying. All I get is the first part of the chorus and then I'm lost.
You know, there ARE unknown/unsigned bands that actually know how to write and play music.... just sayin.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Well, we officially have a must win game on our hands tonight.

And, I wonder who is going to be the scapegoat with Penner out of the lineup. It's also amusing that Murray scratched Penner because he apparently doesn't comprehend using him in the proper way.

Stoll's on the fourth line, too? Well done, Terry! When I woke up this morning, I thought to myself "I can't WAIT to see Handzus play first line center again and go 4 for 23 on the draw!"

It's almost like Murray's trying to get it over with so he can talk about Kopitar being out some more. Oh, but he's NOT making excuses or anything! Right.
This smacks of desperation. Can't coach the team to victory so let's make such drastic changes for the sake of changes that lightning may strike and something good will come out of it. It's like throwing your dick into a crowd and hoping to hit Jessica Alba in the...er...smile.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

I think tonight's game will break for the Kings only if their PK is the difference maker. The only chance the Kings have is to clog the ever-lovin' Schlitz out of the neutral zone and hope for goals off of turnovers. This is going to lead to penalties on the Kings, so they're going to need to channel 2003, hope that Simmonds-Clifford-Richardson turn into Madden-Pandolfo-Brylin and pray Quick pulls a Brodeur out of his hat.

Old
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Per Hammond:

Quote:
The Kings will go with a fourth line of Jarret Stoll centering Dustin Penner and Kevin Westgarth. Alexei Ponikarovsky and Oscar Moller are the healthy scratches as Scott Parse returns to the lineup on a line with Michal Handzus and Justin Williams. Once again, it’s Jonathan Quick vs. Antti Niemi in goal. More notes and quotes to come…
I can just imagine...

Q: "Coach Murray, what led you to scratch Ponikarovsky and Moller and place Stoll, Penner and Westgarth on the same line?"

A: "Darts"

Old
04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Shellz

Doesn't even matter who is on the 4th line. Kings just to win.

Closed Thread