HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parse IN for Game 5

Old
04-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Silly question I know, partly tongue and cheek, but how is Parse going to help us defensively? Or are we going to start winning those 6-3 and 6-5 games, 7-6?
A strong offense is a strong defense.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:31 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
And Westgarth has easily outplayed Penner in these playoffs. I hate to admit it, because I was not a fan of Westgarth at all this season, but I have been really enjoying what he has done with his limited ice time in the playoffs.
Agreed.

Glad to see Parse in, though I'd limit his play to the 4th line and PP time. Can't imagine he's in great game shape.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:33 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Silly question I know, partly tongue and cheek, but how is Parse going to help us defensively? Or are we going to start winning those 6-3 and 6-5 games, 7-6?
I agree, but he can't be worse than Penner. Maybe addition by subtraction?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 03:57 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

IIRC, Tailspin Terry wasnt exactly a big fan of parse's effort , defensively speaking, last season. I believe he was benched a couple periods for his lack of coverage. Wish that has happened to Penner Tuesday night.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:33 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

As an Oilers fan, I think it's a mistake to bench Penner completely at this point. The man is known for his enigmatic play. He'll often go on long slumps, and then, for no apparent reason, suddenly he'll play and dominate in one game and start on a bit of a tear. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Your backs are against the wall - there's no reason not to see if that game will be the next one.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
yankeeking

Penner was grasping/holding his stick too tight last two games unless you believe he has completely forgotten how to play the game, he couldn't handle simple passes, rebounds or make any kind of hockey move at all, so unless you believe a professional athlete has no compete in his heart or hates his new team so much this is intentional than this is a very bad slump or loss of confidence which if true we lose our goal scoring LW for the future by embarrassing him further by benching him for someone who hasn't played in a year and wasn't/isn't a guaranteed upgrade. If this was for kopi it would be perceived different but in this case an eye to the future would seem wise, it is not like he is the only no show/dumb ass this week and may stick out more for his skating motion and newness and were we not warned by oiler fans that this happens to the guy sometimes. Hopefully our captain or the alt's have taken this guy out for a beer or ten and explained how much we need him, or are they the dumbasses that keep taking bad penalties and nonfactors in the game, hell the captain is minus four himself and our alt captain on defence keeps pinching in at the wrong time and taking stupid penalties......... I will admit that I do not know the answer but this seems like a major panic move, more towards keeping jobs "look I made adjustments" than to putting the best team on the ice, hell if parse was ready why did we wait until an elimination game or after a year rehab he is suddenly ready today and wasn't last week, I call BS

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:49 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
A strong offense is a strong defense.
So, then, strong defense is a strong offense?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:32 AM
razzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Penner was grasping/holding his stick too tight last two games unless you believe he has completely forgotten how to play the game, he couldn't handle simple passes, rebounds or make any kind of hockey move at all, so unless you believe a professional athlete has no compete in his heart or hates his new team so much this is intentional than this is a very bad slump or loss of confidence which if true we lose our goal scoring LW for the future by embarrassing him further by benching him for someone who hasn't played in a year and wasn't/isn't a guaranteed upgrade. If this was for kopi it would be perceived different but in this case an eye to the future would seem wise, it is not like he is the only no show/dumb ass this week and may stick out more for his skating motion and newness and were we not warned by oiler fans that this happens to the guy sometimes. Hopefully our captain or the alt's have taken this guy out for a beer or ten and explained how much we need him, or are they the dumbasses that keep taking bad penalties and nonfactors in the game, hell the captain is minus four himself and our alt captain on defence keeps pinching in at the wrong time and taking stupid penalties......... I will admit that I do not know the answer but this seems like a major panic move, more towards keeping jobs "look I made adjustments" than to putting the best team on the ice, hell if parse was ready why did we wait until an elimination game or after a year rehab he is suddenly ready today and wasn't last week, I call BS
It is quite simple, work hard and you will play. DP is making a mokery of our team and system. If he is squeezing the stick then he should be trying to rock a few bodies, wonder how many hits he has let alone attempts.

razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
yankeeking

he has only 2-3 hits I can remember but at the SC games he was obviously out of whack and when he did go after someone in game 3 he got a stupid roughing , so thast not his game either lol

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote