HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#5: KINGS @ SHARKS - Saturday, 4/23 @ 7:30 pm | FS-Prime, Versus, TSN, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
JR28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
This smacks of desperation. Can't coach the team to victory so let's make such drastic changes for the sake of changes that lightning may strike and something good will come out of it. It's like throwing your dick into a crowd and hoping to hit Jessica Alba in the...er...smile.
Well isn't it desperation time? Kings lose they are out, if they find a way to win they are going to have to figure out how to win at home, which they have had trouble doing in the 2nd half of the season. Whatever works to get them over the hump tonight. The Kings and Quick play real well in San Jose, so who knows.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

What's the over/under on these lines staying together for more than 16 minutes into the game?

Old
04-23-2011, 03:43 PM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
What's the over/under on these lines staying together for more than 16 minutes into the game?
What is the over/under on the Kings scoring first? I think that is the most important thing. Not withstanding what happened on Tusday, the Kings r at there best when they get the lead. That is the most important thing. Get the first goal and play solid defense. I really don't think the Kings will fold like a house of cards again, like Game 3 they did.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:48 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Getting on a plane in 2 hours to fly up for the game

I'll make sure they win for us guys, or at the very least, I'll piss off some shark fans during the game.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
That said, I can't stand the Briggs. Off-key, boring, sloppy. All image no substance. I wish the Kings would pick a new music director and send these clowns back to obscurity. Maybe if we make it to game 6 these guys can sit that one out. Do you think we can start a broadcast without listening to this or some Nickelback wannabe band or some pop-punk bubblegum nonsense?
Just had to get this off my chest, sorry.
Can not tell you how much i agree.

In fact i
My offseason plan is lead a campaign against the music director. I will be at every q and a, breakfast with gm, season ticket benefit event etc to complain about this. There will be petitions, articles, hopefully some interviews as well.

I am not kidding at all. It pisses me off every game that they make staples center sound like a home for tweenage girls. So be there when the battles rages. If we mAke enough of a fuss, we will prevail. it's time to make staples center finally sound like a place for hockey.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Old
04-23-2011, 03:55 PM
JR28

The key to winning tonight, is basically go back and do all they did in game 2. Get the puck deep, cycle the puck like crazy make San Jose have to work, tire them out make them take stoopid penalties. Get physical with them, especially Clowe. In games 1 and 2 thats what they did and Clowe was ineffective offensively and was taking stoopid penalties because of it. Also get into Niemi's grill, bother the heck out of him. Get him moving side to side, this is when he gets out of his comfort zone and lets in weak goals. Be aware defensively follow your man not the puck. Don't allow San Jose to get going on the rush, which accounts to getting the puck deep. No turnovers in the neutral zone. Last but not least, don't take unnecessary penalties.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Really people, not gonna watch the game? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. How can the kings have tough skin if yours is like paper?

Old
04-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR28 View Post
Well isn't it desperation time? Kings lose they are out, if they find a way to win they are going to have to figure out how to win at home, which they have had trouble doing in the 2nd half of the season. Whatever works to get them over the hump tonight. The Kings and Quick play real well in San Jose, so who knows.
Let's just switch out the forwards for the defensemen and put Kompon in net. After all, it's "desparation" time!

Under pressure, losers panic and make stupid moves like this. Pressure should bring focus and intensity, a consistent message and inspiration. To bench one of the players that got you here in Ponikarovsky is dumb.

To bench Moller who played a great game 2 ****ed with the momentum we had coming in from game 2. I was there in San Jose for that game. Moller was hustling his ass off and played a solid game.

To keep Penner in the lineup when all he has shown is failure after failure is ignorant or, at best, willfully unwilling to see what is clearly in front of him.

To place Handzus on the first line when that has not been his role and he is struggling in the faceoff circle is panic. It's admitting a lack of options in his mind.

I don't expect a coach to go out there and win the game by himself but I also believe simple, logical decisions that inspire confidence and bring accountability is a must. Terry Murray has failed. If we win tonight, it won't be because of anything he did and he made it more difficult to win this game before the game even started with these lines.

Old
04-23-2011, 03:59 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Hey does anyone else HATE the choice of music for the broadcasts?

I'm a drummer of over 25 years, I love ALL types of music. I have a special place in my heart for South Bay punk rock (Descendants, FYP, Black Flag, etc.).

That said, I can't stand the Briggs. Off-key, boring, sloppy. All image no substance. I wish the Kings would pick a new music director and send these clowns back to obscurity. Maybe if we make it to game 6 these guys can sit that one out. Do you think we can start a broadcast without listening to this or some Nickelback wannabe band or some pop-punk bubblegum nonsense?

We call it hockey music. It's usually crap I've never heard or wish I wasn't hearing. It's been like that at Kings game since I remember first going. When you miss an organ you know the music is bad. In the 9th inning when Mariano Rivera comes out of the bullpen you get Enter Sandman. When Hoffman came in you got Hells Bells. When the Kings hit the ice you get the Briggs? Come on.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:01 PM
JR28

Quote:
Hey does anyone else HATE the choice of music for the broadcasts?

I'm a drummer of over 25 years, I love ALL types of music. I have a special place in my heart for South Bay punk rock (Descendants, FYP, Black Flag, etc.).

With the fact that we won only one game at home in the playoffs the last 2 years, maybe it is time they stop having The Briggs sing before the games. They appear to be unlucky. If we win then they can sing. Anyway better music would like Muse Uprising. That is like a better song to play before a game to pump up the crowd. They need to change things up, because whatever they are doing now isn't working.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Really people, not gonna watch the game? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. How can the kings have tough skin if yours is like paper?
The Kings don't appear to have tough skin to me the way they laid down the last 2 games. You throw me the idol, I throw you the whip.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

All I do is win win win
(for good luck!)

Old
04-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Remember one more thing. Murray's statement about Parse was that he needed Parse's speed...speed...so he sits Ponikarovsky and puts in two slow ****ers like Westgarth and Penner on the same line while at the same time telling us he wants to roll FOUR LINES.

Terry Murray is a shill.

By the way, my favorite Murray quote of the week has been this gem:

Question: And would that be for (Dustin) Penner, maybe?

MURRAY: “No. It’s not about any one player. It’s about, maybe, a change. Change is good sometimes; maybe it’s not. I’ll take a look at that tomorrow.”

I don't know about you, but that inspires confidence in me. The no, maybe, sometimes, maybe, not and we'll see tomorrow just tickles my heart's cockles. That's leadership baby. Horatio Nelson would be proud.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Remember one more thing. Murray's statement about Parse was that he needed Parse's speed...speed...so he sits Ponikarovsky and puts in two slow ****ers like Westgarth and Penner on the same line while at the same time telling us he wants to roll FOUR LINES.

Terry Murray is a shill.

By the way, my favorite Murray quote of the week has been this gem:

Question: And would that be for (Dustin) Penner, maybe?

MURRAY: ďNo. Itís not about any one player. Itís about, maybe, a change. Change is good sometimes; maybe itís not. Iíll take a look at that tomorrow.Ē

I don't know about you, but that inspires confidence in me. The no, maybe, sometimes, maybe, not and we'll see tomorrow just tickles my heart's cockles. That's leadership baby. Horatio Nelson would be proud.
He's done and he knows it. He inspires no emotion from the players or the fans, he's in a glass case.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:13 PM
OK Computer

Quote:
Hey, I think you're out of your mind to pay with your hard earned money to fly out there and see this junk, but to each his own, no?

Old
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
JR28

Quote:
Let's just switch out the forwards for the defensemen and put Kompon in net. After all, it's "desparation" time!

Under pressure, losers panic and make stupid moves like this. Pressure should bring focus and intensity, a consistent message and inspiration. To bench one of the players that got you here in Ponikarovsky is dumb.

To bench Moller who played a great game 2 ****ed with the momentum we had coming in from game 2. I was there in San Jose for that game. Moller was hustling his ass off and played a solid game.

To keep Penner in the lineup when all he has shown is failure after failure is ignorant or, at best, willfully unwilling to see what is clearly in front of him.

To place Handzus on the first line when that has not been his role and he is struggling in the faceoff circle is panic. It's admitting a lack of options in his mind.

I don't expect a coach to go out there and win the game by himself but I also believe simple, logical decisions that inspire confidence and bring accountability is a must. Terry Murray has failed. If we win tonight, it won't be because of anything he did and he made it more difficult to win this game before the game even started with these lines.
I agree 100% with what you said Zad. I felt that Penner should of been benched after taking that horrible Penalty, allowing the Sharks to come back. There is no excuse for a guy like Penner to make a mistake like that. At least Doughty is only 20 and still only been in the league 3 years, can excuse his mistakes. Penner however is a veteran, a stanley cup winner, he should know better. As for Moller shouldn't he be playing instead of Parse? I mean at least he has played most all of the season, even if most of it was in Manchester. Still he played well in game 2, even went to the front of the net, screening Niemi, on Doughty's goal.

As for the lines that start the game, does it really matter? TM changes them so much during the games, no need to talk about what the lines r like to start the game. As for faceoffs it is one thing to lose a faceoff, its another if you don't work hard by getting the puck back after losing it. They need to battle, as long as they aren't losing them cleanly. We lost the faceoff battle in Game 2, but they counteracted that by regaining the puck quickly.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
Hey, I think you're out of your mind to pay with your hard earned money to fly out there and see this junk, but to each his own, no?
No matter what I'm having fun. Either we win and i go out to the bars and have fun getting drunk. Or we lose and i go out to the bars and have fun getting drunk.

Win/win for me.

But then again, you've already written off a game hasn't happened yet.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I think I'm finally sober after last game.

I was yelling at Sharks fans as they left, "Real men don't wear teal", they were yelling back go cry in your purple, and I said, I'm a Kings fan, I've been doing that for years, come back and talk to us when you've finally made it to the Stanley Cup...

Old
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
There are still some of us, even though we are sick and disappointed by what has transpired, but even through the good and bad are still fans and we are going to support our team no matter what. Yes it may be futile, yes we may be spending and wasting our money, but we are true fans who love hockey and our team. Whether they are the worst team ever in hockey or the best, we will support our team.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Malice430

Penner in, Poni out? man im glad ill be at the Icehouse watching Jo Koy instead of this game tonight

Old
04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I'm just utterly astounded that you can follow a team all year and then when the chips are down and it could be The last game of the season, you put your tail between your legs and bury your scared head In the sand.

You clearly find complaining on message boards to be fun and worthwhile. You are still involved and can't help but pay attention, yet you cower when it comes to watching the game. Call it realism, smarts, whatever you want, if you don't watch tonight for any reason other than you can't due to other obligations, you are scared. Scared to get hurt. I'm astounded.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Orenji

It's pretty hard to be confident of a team who is one of like, what, five teams all-time to blow a 4 goal lead in a game? We might have been the first to do it at home. We also have only won one out of the last six.

Not saying we can't beat them, because we've shown we can, but I'm not confident. I'll watch the game, but I have zero expectations. The only way I'll be frustrated/angered by tonight's game is if we blow a 2 goal plus lead again or if we get to OT and lose once more.

We could pull it off, though. This team plays much better on the road and the Sharks might not have the same urgency we do.

Old
04-23-2011, 04:44 PM
SLang

Here's another unpopular post. If you don't want Penner to sulk all through the off season and come out next year looking exactly the same as he has lately, you cannot scratch him from this game, or any other game that happens to be played after this one in these playoffs. You don't like it, I don't like it, but it is true.

Not scratching him is the right call, even if it goes against reason in the short term.

In other news, GO KINGS!

Old
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
I'm just utterly astounded that you can follow a team all year and then when the chips are down and it could be The last game of the season, you put your tail between your legs and bury your scared head In the sand.

You clearly find complaining on message boards to be fun and worthwhile. You are still involved and can't help but pay attention, yet you cower when it comes to watching the game. Call it realism, smarts, whatever you want, if you don't watch tonight for any reason other than you can't due to other obligations, you are scared. Scared to get hurt. I'm astounded.
Well said.

Closed Thread