HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

What reality do they live in?

Old
04-22-2011, 02:31 PM
54drinking

vCash: 500
What reality do they live in?

Came across this comment on the nhl.com site earlier, and thought I'd share. I'll comment after.

-------------

"It was the Flyers that got away with murder. I was watching the post-game on Versus and the analysts indicated that Richards' action, which earned him a 5-minute major, would surely get him a suspension. He didn't get one. There were also 2 dangerous, violent acts that went unpunished: a spear and a stick directed to "a sensitive area", as the announcers so delicately described it. Philly has been using the sticks as weapons and have been getting away with it in all 4 games. It is not hockey, it is assault.

They are not like the Broad Street Bullies, but are vicious thugs. In addition, if memory serves me correctly, the act of "setting them up for the next game", in which the Flyers engaged after the final horn went, is also a punishable act, for which, once again, they were not punished. Hopefully, for the sake of good hockey, the league will be watching closely tonight. Otherwise, I will not be watching hockey anymore this year, nor visiting NHL.com. If a team that can not win within the rules of the game is allowed to physically attack their opponent's quality players, then I may as well be watching street fights and gang violence for free."

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/commentsthrea...658#COMMENTTOP

----------
In what reality do people like this live? I mean we've all watched the games in the series, in the case of Richard's from the other night, what exactly was he suppose to do? Stand there and get knocked out against the boards when he was flagged for the 5 minute penalty?

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can watch the same games as us and actually post garbage like this. The muppet says at the end of this comment if the ref's and league don't go any more out of their way (than they already have at tying our hands behind our backs) to ensure we don't get past round one they'll never watch hockey anymore this year. To that I say, GOOD, people that carry that sort of one-sided opinion have no understanding of the sport and offer nothing to the fan base other than blinded accusations and ignorance. What say you?

54drinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:36 PM
JVR21
G

We got ****ed last game. Everyone knows it. What pissed me off even more is the Around the Horn blockheads said that the opening of the door to make Zherdev fall backwards into the bench was funny and no problem at all. I'll never watch that excuse for a show again.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:41 PM
ORYX

Wait a minute, is that Lindy Ruff commenting?

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
guess some folks have been mixing draino with their morning orange juice.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Cartsiephan*

Wow, sounds like some folks need to get a good grip on how hockey was played. Good things they were not around when hockey actually had an answer for guys like Kaleta. God I hate the instigator.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
cbenn314

Anyone notice dude on Buffalo's bench open the door when Zherdev was leaning against it?

That bush league...but I laughed almost as much as it made my blood pressure rise. But if theres going to be complaining...lets just b*tch and moan about EVERYTHING. No picking and choosing.

Man I hope we blast these guys tonight.

cbenn314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenn314 View Post
Anyone notice dude on Buffalo's bench open the door when Zherdev was leaning against it?

That bush league...but I laughed almost as much as it made my blood pressure rise. But if theres going to be complaining...lets just b*tch and moan about EVERYTHING. No picking and choosing.

Man I hope we blast these guys tonight.
It all adds up to an ass-kicking tonight, so whatever. Even if the worst things happen, I know that this Sabres and bush league Kaleta have 100% no chance at winning the cup. A couple 1-0 games that sandwiched 9 goals against proves nothing.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Jester

I didn't watch Versus, but I haven't seen a single neutral pundit agree with the call on Richards... let alone suggest a suspension.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I didn't watch Versus, but I haven't seen a single neutral pundit agree with the call on Richards... let alone suggest a suspension.
Kerry fraser was on tsn and agreed with it. Everyone else said 2 minutes. It's a joke.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Kerry fraser was on tsn and agreed with it. Everyone else said 2 minutes. It's a joke.
A ref agreeing with a ref? Crazy. The minute I saw him appear I knew what he was going to say.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Wow, sounds like some folks need to get a good grip on how hockey was played. Good things they were not around when hockey actually had an answer for guys like Kaleta. God I hate the instigator.
We agree.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Haha. This crap is hilarious. Yes Richards should be suspension and the crap at the end of the game was clearly the smallest five guys on the Flyers going after the Sabres players unprovoked. Somebody get this guy a tissue to wipe his tears. Even if the Flyers (or any team) was doing things like this guy says and were getting away with it, why would that make you not want to watch hockey? It might piss me off if, say, Pittsburgh were running amok out there and head hunting and Marty McSorley-ing players and getting away with it, but it would never make me stop watching hockey, especially during the playoffs.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
A ref could could break a player's knees on purpose, and Kerry Fraser would say it's the correct call.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:24 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Kaleta is the one who opened the door when Z fell in.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:20 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I took Fraser's comments to say that if he were calling that penalty, it would have been a 2 minute, but he gave the ref some leeway and stated, that he could see why, in today's NHL environment, it was a major penalty.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Kaleta's a joke. A Sabres fan was arguing with me that Kaleta is no different than Carcillo and he answer's the bell when need be. LOL Kaleta has 15 career fights to Carcillo's 75. Kaleta is a *****.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Jeremy2020

did someone really take a comment from another site and start a thread?

Jeremy2020 is online now   Reply With Quote