Notices

Compare Tardif To Ryder Stats

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 01:15 PM
BIG M

vCash: 500
Compare Tardif To Ryder Stats

Ryder looks like a good selection when you compare him to Tardif.

23 Daniel Ryder 68 29 53 82 +27 55 PIM
25 Jamie Tardif 66 37 27 64 +0 84 PIM

Old
07-31-2005, 01:54 PM
saillias

vCash: 50
Wait a second... wasn't Tardif supposed to re-enter the draft? He wasn't drafted was he?

Old
07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
No Tardif wasn't drafted. Do you think maybe he'll sign with us now? We could probably use him in Omaha. I kinda think he may have burnt his bridges with Sutter by not signing, but who knows.

Old
07-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Hunter74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG M
Ryder looks like a good selection when you compare him to Tardif.

23 Daniel Ryder 68 29 53 82 +27 55 PIM
25 Jamie Tardif 66 37 27 64 +0 84 PIM
Well they are kinda different types of players. Tardiff is more a finisher who bangs at pucks around the net and goes in teh corner but also has a pretty good shot off teh wing. I dont know Ryder as well but he is more like Lombardi or Boyd but I am not sure if he is as talented or gritty. Thought to Ryders credit he was very effective in the playoffs when things get tougher and there is less space and more pressure. What I really like about Ryder was that his +/- was so good on a team that doesn't necessarily have a good plus/minus team.

Last season was Ryders 2nd season I beleive and his stats went up quite abit from the year before which was a tough year b/c some of the teams better players moved up to the AHL/NHL. But Ryder, Tardif, Redux, Kaleta and Morrison worked hard to recover this year.

Comparison of stats.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=3005
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=2046

Tardif's stats went up alot in his second year and he scored alot of goals and may have been in the top 10 OHL in goals scored. The following year was a tough one as teh team had alot of rookies and alot of better players moved on and his stats suffered. But in his final year he was on a good team and even thoguh at teh tiem I thoguht his goals output was great being in the top 10 he didn't really improve much considering he was an over ager. I dont think he didn't sign with us b/c he wasn't offered a contract I think he didn't sign with us b/c they couldn't agree on teh $$$ and he must of felt he could get better coin if he re-entered the draft or became an UFA which he is now.

If indeed we are gonna be making Chucko a RW which he played in sometimes in Minnesota then Tardif woudl be behind Kobasew and Chucko after iginla departs which might not happen. So it might actually be better for Tardif to sign with a team who are short on young top RW players.

I am hoping we sign Tardif b/c I liked his game and think he could of made the NHL as third liner who could of chipped in for 15 goals a year but thats kinda the max for him. But his plus minus really stinks and never really improved. You never know though players come out of the woodworks sometimes.

Old
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Dynasty

Hi Guys, I'm a Montreal fan and very disappointed that Gainey didn't draft Daniel Ryder. Personally, I feel that to get Daniel in the 3rd round was highway robbery. For starters, he was ranked way too low by scouts who have a very limited knowledge of his abilities. I've seen Daniel play at least 60 games over the years and feel very confident in his skill level. His upside is most definitely 1st line centre. He has extra-ordinary ice vision and playmaking skills combined with a snipper's mentalily, as well as, the ability to play very strong in both ends of the rink. I've had a chance to see him play this summer in a six team league comprised largely of young NHL prospects from Newfoundland. I am very impressed with his development in just two years of playing outside the province. His older brother, Michael, was also playing in the league, and to me, Daniel is already playing very close to his brother's level. Consider that Michael is 25 years old and has 5 years of professional experience, including an outstanding NHL rookie season. I hope you're not getting the impression that I'm not a big fan of Michael because quite the opposite is true. In fact, I could see significant improvement in Michael's game over his rookie NHL season and can't wait to see him fill the net for the Habs again this season. I think that playing in Sweden this past year has contributed to the improvement in his game, especially in the skating aspect. By the way, in the above mentioned summer league, Daniel was tied for the scoring lead after six games, while Michael was 4th. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him playing for Calgary in two years.

Last edited by Dynasty: 08-26-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Closed Thread