HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Rangers44*

vCash: 500
If they were going to send him down why didn't they do it earlier he would have played 2 or 3 AHL playoff games by now. What kind of development is this? Maybe if they sent him down earlier Whale would advance beyond 1st round.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 10:21 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
If they were going to send him down why didn't they do it earlier he would have played 2 or 3 AHL playoff games by now. What kind of development is this? Maybe if they sent him down earlier Whale would advance beyond 1st round.
they want options but obviously Avery has shown what he can bring in the situation we're in and Torts has responded. He'll be back up just as quickly should things change. The Whale can still advance. Zucc is a dynamo in the A. Especially since the A went to a best of 7 series instead of best of 5 for their first round. They are only down 2-1 like us!

n8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

When is the next whale's game ?

If he trains well over the summer, get's a good camp show out - then he'll start next season in the Nhl..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 04:48 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
When is the next whale's game ?

If he trains well over the summer, get's a good camp show out - then he'll start next season in the Nhl..
Tuesday so it's not entirely out of the question that he plays Tuesday and gets called back up for Wednesdays game. Not out of the question but unlikely. HFD could use the reinforcements!

n8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Great first ever AHL playoff game by Mats, 1+1 to tie the series a 2 games each againts the Pirates. He was also named 2nd star of the game.

Pretty cool that he got points in both his first ever NHL playoff game and his first ever AHL playoff game

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Xtranova

I have to say I'm very impressed by the mentality of the kid. Off course as a proffessional we expect him to do perform wherever he is sent to do his job. However beeing sent up and down like a yoyo lately would mess with a persons head. In Zuccs case he seems to be picking up points no matter where he is sent to do his job. Even in that match when Drury scored his comeback goal. Zucc managed to squeeze in a point within his 3 minutes of ice time. Now, back in the Whale for the play offs, points again and not least the second star of the game.

If he trains well and gets back in shape for next season I think he might be a key man for us. To be honest I have no doubts really. I could even see a line of Zucc - Richards - Gaborik. Smells points and goals from a distance!

I personally think that he has had a above average rookie season. The only downer is the concistensy part. As soon as that comes along, he will be great and a 60-70p player IMO!

Good hopes for the kid!

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 03:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
I personally think that he has had a above average rookie season. The only downer is the concistensy part. As soon as that comes along, he will be great and a 60-70p player IMO!

Maybe not 60-70, but I can definitely see 50-60 points.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:25 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I'd love to see a Zuccarello-Richards-Gaborik line next season if we were to get Richards without blowing a ridiculous load.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:42 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
I have to say I'm very impressed by the mentality of the kid. Off course as a proffessional we expect him to do perform wherever he is sent to do his job. However beeing sent up and down like a yoyo lately would mess with a persons head. In Zuccs case he seems to be picking up points no matter where he is sent to do his job. Even in that match when Drury scored his comeback goal. Zucc managed to squeeze in a point within his 3 minutes of ice time. Now, back in the Whale for the play offs, points again and not least the second star of the game.

If he trains well and gets back in shape for next season I think he might be a key man for us. To be honest I have no doubts really. I could even see a line of Zucc - Richards - Gaborik. Smells points and goals from a distance!

Good hopes for the kid!

I agree with you on everything here. When he can make 23 points on 43 games with limited ice-time in his rookie-season I can see him making 60-70 points in a couple of years in full reg. season. But that depends he get good linemates and average icetime 16-18 minutes at least. The good thing about Mats he never quits. If he wants something he just keep working hard.

The forwards on Rangers today are not very impressive. Wolski, Stepan, Avery, Christensen, Anisimov, Gaborik how many goals have they in the last 10 games ? I think Mats is more effective than some of these, but he might be worse on the defense part and forechecking. Stepan and Wolski did get alot of assists from Mats through the season but buried very few of them.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 05:26 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Pretty cool that he got points in both his first ever NHL playoff game and his first ever AHL playoff game
Except he didn't get a point in his first ever NHL playoff game...

Either way, good to see him doing well.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

[QUOTE=AJRanger;32517285]Except he didn't get a point in his first ever NHL playoff game... [QUOTE=AJRanger;32517285]

Crap, that was the devils game ahah. My bad

Last edited by Hellion: 04-20-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
Except he didn't get a point in his first ever NHL playoff game...

Either way, good to see him doing well.
lol I was like "what? Of course he did. He got that assist.", but I was thinking of the NJD game (kind of a PO game).

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I'd love to see a Zuccarello-Richards-Gaborik line next season if we were to get Richards without blowing a ridiculous load.
I wouldnt.

Who is going to forecheck and create space on that line? I think Dubinsky would be perfect for that tandem.

As for some of the other predictions in this thread...I will eat my hat is Mats Zuccarello ever scores 70 points in the NHL. Personally, I think he'll have enough trouble securing a consistent roster spot.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

You will post the vid of you eating your hat here i hope?

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
You will post the vid of you eating your hat here i hope?
Serious question, do you really think Mats Zuccarello will ever score 70 points in an NHL season? Or are you just being a countryman fanboy?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Serious question, do you really think Mats Zuccarello will ever score 70 points in an NHL season? Or are you just being a countryman fanboy?
I cannot tell you if he really thinks so or not, but at this point I think he just really wants to see you eat a hat

Personally I dont think he will be a 70 point guy, but who knows. However, I think 50 ponts + could very well be plausable but it all depends on his linemates aswell. Thats the thing, I think people look too much at the stats without considering who players have around them and also their ice time. Being on a line with a Jagr, Gretzky, Yzerman or whatever will automatically give you points just being on the ice, plus its hard to get top points if all you get is 5 min per game. This is also why i consider Mats' rookie season a success, ,5ish points/game with very limited icetime is decent in my book on a team like NYR.

Now, I see why some people think his size can be an issue and I agree with the arguments that he needs to be faster and stronger. Players like Theo Fleury and St. Louis make me think there is hope though, and Mats is still young. Hard work duiong the off season with powerskating and lots of weight training is key. If he gains some weight and gets a little stronger on his skates it will help him tremendously and keep him out of trouble out there. I do think he has a career in the NHL infront of him, but maybe not in NYR with the style of hockey we are playing right now, but I sure as hell hope so!

PS: No, I am not comparing him with Fleury or St. Louis besides the fact they are all three small players.

PS II: Wayne Gretzky wasnt a big guy either
(yes, I added this to provoke hehe)

Old
04-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Yes i do, on the right team i belive he can develop into a 70p. but not with the rangers. higly unlikely that anyone will reach 70p with the rangers ever again

And ofcourse i would love to see you eat a hat, never seen that before

Old
04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Xtranova

Quote:
I can see that there are some countryman fanboys around here. When that's being said it does not matter where a player comes from. If a player is 70p worthy, he is 70p worthy. And in MZA's case he can be if he works hard enough. I would also say that making those points with the Rangers might be unlikely due to the style they play, but he sure has the offensive brains for it. Considering the minutes of ice time this year his points are great for a rookie imo. And with his age in mind I think he can only get better..

And the reason the Rangers play the way they do... Working along the boards, grinding it out every game might be because of their lack of skill. Not heart, just skill. Name a couple of players that can dangle their way trough, tic tac toe their butts in the offensive zone or hit 6/10 one timers. They hardly shoot one timers at their PP.

Hopefully Richards can be the missing piece, but I think we need more and on top of that get rid of some dead meat. Avery, Frolov and Christensen for starters. I'm even willing to let Anisimov pack his bags.

Old
04-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

broke his hand last night

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10084464

Old
04-22-2011, 10:57 AM
AJRanger

Tough break, literally. MDZ's break was his hand too, wasn't it?

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Hand injury is the pits..

He's done..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 01:28 PM
babyshamble

He got his hand stuck in one of the camera-holes in the glass. Its broken and he will probably require surgery.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Rangers44*

The Zuccarello treatment looks really silly now. We are eliminated in 5 games. Why would you not give one of your top rookies playoff experience over a scrub like Drury or Christensen? Not only would he not break his hand, but also maybe we would score some goals and won more games and playoff experience is priceless for young players.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Xtranova

Hi my name is John Tortorella and I consider all Christensen, Avery and Wolski more important and more creative than MZA.

PISH PLAY OFFS!

Old
04-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44* View Post
The Zuccarello treatment looks really silly now. We are eliminated in 5 games. Why would you not give one of your top rookies playoff experience over a scrub like Drury or Christensen? Not only would he not break his hand, but also maybe we would score some goals and won more games and playoff experience is priceless for young players.
Lets just say Zuccarello won't be playing for Rangers next season. And it'll be his decision. He's already more than pissed at the way he's been treated.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote