HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

POTG & GBR: ECQF Game 5 @ Washington Capitals

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: ECQF Game 5 @ Washington Capitals
Sean Avery 13 15.48%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.19%
Matt Gilroy 2 2.38%
Dan Girardi 7 8.33%
Henrik Lundqvist 47 55.95%
Ryan McDonagh 1 1.19%
Brandon Prust 1 1.19%
Michael Sauer 1 1.19%
Marc Staal 2 2.38%
Wojtek Wolski 1 1.19%
Other 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
3Four3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i'm in agreement with you that the team in front of Hank didn't show up today, and i'm amazed by that, but Hank didn't steal ONE game for us in this series and that what would have been the equalizer.

Lundqvist is suppossed to be our ACE that could've been the difference but he wasn't! he actually played better the last time we played the Caps in post season two years ago.

we choked that time too! Miller is a better goalie than Henrik.
The difference between the Sabres and Rangers is that there have been games where the Sabres managed more than 1 goal a game. There have been games where the Rangers only managed 1 goal a game.

Do I have to bring up our power play?

Lundqvist was doing his part in Game 1. Capitals caught a lucky break and of course the Rangers responded well.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 06:52 PM
lbrowne

With the defensive style they've bought into, the guns they have to fire away when they're down, I really think the Caps are either going to the final or conference finals.

They were just clearly the better team. Had we won game 4, we may have caught a bit of magic in a bottle and maybe caused an upset. But this caps team is for real this time I think.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
NikC you sir are an idiot
lol, why do you say that? I hope you'll be getting a well deserved infraction!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rody

Ok TSN just said Girardi dislocated his finger and to get a needle and stitches not sure where. and returned to play,.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
The difference between the Sabres and Rangers is that there have been games where the Sabres managed more than 1 goal a game. There have been games where the Rangers only managed 1 goal a game.

Do I have to bring up our power play?

Lundqvist was doing his part in Game 1. Capitals caught a lucky break and of course the Rangers responded well.
what are you talking about? Buffalo won games 1 and 4 with 1goal!!!
Miller is a clutch goalie, Hank isn't!

Hank has been awarded a crown by many of you, and he hasn't done anything to deserve it!!

Old
04-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Exactly. As much as people want to get on Arty, or Dubi, or whoever for this season nobody with a brain should be able to deny that they've all grown and have taken big steps in their development.

A top line on this team and we're set.
"Set" for what? Do you see a power play QB? Do you see a power play, period? I'm happy with what they did, but they were a good team that massively overachieved this year. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before we're "set" for anything.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:01 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
great series ranger fans, u forced the caps to hustle, they dont like that type of play and they learned a lesson against your team.

i noticed you are all exited about signing richards in the off season... i am not sold by him, u definitive need another center, maybe u can devolp anisimov like building team should. signing richards for big money looks like a typical sather move if u know what i mean.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:

Hank has been awarded a crown by many of you, and he hasn't done anything to deserve it!!
Have you even watched that series? Miller didn't have to steal two games...The Flyers have been playing badly for a while now..

With this line of thinking you must think Neuvirth is the best goalie in the league.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Nice effort, just came up short on the talent end of things. Next year should be better.

Plus if anyone wants to talk **** to Islander fans, those losers are all over twitter calling Hank the Queen for his playoff performance -- not sure why you'd call out one of the best goalies in the league when your team has Dipi-**** back there with a 300 year contract with the worst goalie stats in the league -- but whatever.
All 9 of them??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
3Four3

Quote:

Game 2: Sabres 4, Flyers 5.

Game 3: Sabres 2, Flyers 4.

Game 5: Sabres 4, Flyers 3.

Some of those he's been human too, but he still has the offense clicking. The Sabres scored more PP goals in Game 2 alone than the Rangers did in 5 games.

Admit it, Lundqvist gave them an opportunity to steal a game in the first two games. All we showed for it was a goal.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
"Set" for what? Do you see a power play QB? Do you see a power play, period? I'm happy with what they did, but they were a good team that massively overachieved this year. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before we're "set" for anything.
A top line with Richards fixes all of that.

It's not a riddle that our PP isn't great because we lack top end skilled players.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
great series ranger fans, u forced the caps to hustle, they dont like that type of play and they learned a lesson against your team.

i noticed you are all exited about signing richards in the off season... i am not sold by him, u definitive need another center, maybe u can devolp anisimov like building team should. signing richards for big money looks like a typical sather move if u know what i mean.
like a building team should? you mean like the Caps? alot of "building" went on with your team as you watched the best player in the NHL fall from the sky into your laps, along with 3 other 75+ p players.

get lost, frontrunner.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
bmw2004

My God Gaborik. I am so disappointed and upset.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Have you even watched that series? Miller didn't have to steal two games...The Flyers have been playing badly for a while now..

With this line of thinking you must think Neuvirth is the best goalie in the league.
Quote:
Game 2: Sabres 4, Flyers 5.

Game 3: Sabres 2, Flyers 4.

Game 5: Sabres 4, Flyers 3.

Some of those he's been human too, but he still has the offense
clicking. The Sabres scored more PP goals in Game 2 alone than the Rangers did in 5 games.

Admit it, Lundqvist gave them an opportunity to steal a game in the first two games. All we showed for it was a goal.
nothing but a load of horseSh*t! The games that his team couldn't score Miller pitched a shutout. We gave hank 3g in game 4 what did he do?

Flyers were all over Miller in those games at times, You're full of crap. Hank ain't no king.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
like a building team should? you mean like the Caps? alot of "building" went on with your team as you watched the best player in the NHL fall from the sky into your laps, along with 3 other 75+ p players.

get lost, frontrunner.
Stop with the attitude, man. He came in peace, and honestly made a good point. Your little show of e-testosterone is just sad.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
3Four3

Quote:
nothing but a load of horseSh*t! The games that his team couldn't score Miller pitched a shutout. We gave hank 3g in game 4 what did he do?

Flyers were all over Miller in those games at times, You're full of crap. Hank ain't no king.
So says the fool.

In both of those shutouts Miller got, that's still 2 more goals scored than the Rangers did in the first two.

It's buffoons like you that make me want Lundqvist off this team to show you what we really are capable of: Being a bottom feeder in the East, if not the league.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:28 PM
msv957

Quote:
i'm in agreement with you that the team in front of Hank didn't show up today, and i'm amazed by that, but Hank didn't steal ONE game for us in this series and that what would have been the equalizer.

Lundqvist is suppossed to be our ACE that could've been the difference but he wasn't! he actually played better the last time we played the Caps in post season two years ago.

we choked that time too! Miller is a better goalie than Henrik.
Hank was good this series but he need to be great for the Rangers to win this series.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
NikC

Quote:
So says the fool.

In both of those shutouts Miller got, that's still 2 more goals scored than the Rangers did in the first two.

It's buffoons like you that make me want Lundqvist off this team to show you what we really are capable of: Being a bottom feeder in the East, if not the league.
Jack@ss, just face the facts this "great" goalie that you're in love with didn't steal one game like Miller did in Buffalo in both games where the Sabres gave him 1 goal to work with. Sorry if you can't handle the facts.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:

What a stupid excuse. So when Miller gives up a ton of goals it's not his fault, "they were all over him", but it's Hanks fault for game 4.

Hank was one of the best goalies in the playoffs. Watch some other series. Thomas gives up 2 softies a game, Price hasn't been that great, Luongo's been Luongo, etc

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
Stop with the attitude, man. He came in peace, and honestly made a good point. Your little show of e-testosterone is just sad.
thanks mary, but be and my attitude are doing fine right now.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
thanks mary, but be and my attitude are doing fine right now.
Lol, good for you.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 07:41 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
What a stupid excuse. So when Miller gives up a ton of goals it's not his fault, "they were all over him", but it's Hanks fault for game 4.

Hank was one of the best goalies in the playoffs. Watch some other series. Thomas gives up 2 softies a game, Price hasn't been that great, Luongo's been Luongo, etc
no excuses. Everyone knows Hank is good, but he isn't great! he doesn't come up big in big games! He melts. All i'm saying is that Miller stole two games for his team, and that's what a great goalie does.

we needed Henrik to stand on his head this series to win. Miller has for his team, who are very similar to the NYR.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:41 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Jack@ss, just face the facts this "great" goalie that you're in love with didn't steal one game like Miller did in Buffalo in both games where the Sabres gave him 1 goal to work with. Sorry if you can't handle the facts.
And had he stole one game, what else of it? The scoring would still be nonexistent, the powerplay would still be lackluster...but no, this goalie has to steal a game.

After stealing one game, it would be that he has to steal a series. Once that is through, he would have to steal a cup.

Trading him shouldn't be a problem since a few weeks ago you had no problem seeing him off of this team, and I really do hope this comes to fruition because as much as your thick head can't grasp it, since the lockout, that goaltending position has always been our only good constant on this team.

It's exactly people like you that wanted Jagr off this team, got what they wanted and look what we have to show for it 3 seasons since.

Old
04-23-2011, 07:42 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:

get lost, frontrunner.
Semin: 12th overall
Green (I'm assuming this is who you mean, even though he's gotten 76 points one time): 29th overall
Backstrom: 4th overall, behind Toews, Staal and Erik Johnson

04-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Really mature responses.

Bottom line is, Henrik performed well in the playoffs. Could he have done better? I don't think so. I don't think there was one goal that beat him that he would want back.

Miller has done excellent. He also got slammed a few games. The difference is, Miller has goal support to work with.

But I have no problem saying that Miller is better in the playoffs. I think Miller might be the best goalie in the NHL come the post season. But Henrik is not the reason the Rangers got eliminated. He played excellent. He literally kept them in EVERY game. The Rangers couldn't capitalize on some of his gem performances. The Rangers are just a mediocre team, plain and simple. Not on the Capitals level. Dominik Hasek wouldn't have saved this team.

I firmly believe that the Sabres are a better team too. Vanek and Stafford have out performed any of our forwards by a large margin this season. I think Myers is a dominant defense man, better than any single defense man on our team. They have more offensive depth and a more balanced defense. I also think Lindy Ruff is a better coach than Torts.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote