HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anson carter

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 09:15 PM
_P_

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to _P_
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
In addition to those teams Rangers choked against Atlanta, Montreal, New Jersey and Ottawa.

so your saying the team didnt play better down the stretch?

is that what yuor saying?

Old
10-13-2003, 09:43 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
so your saying the team didnt play better down the stretch?

is that what yuor saying?
Losing to Florida, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Montreal in the last 11 games when you're trying to get a playoff spot is not playing better down the stretch.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:16 AM
_P_

Quote:
Losing to Florida, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Montreal in the last 11 games when you're trying to get a playoff spot is not playing better down the stretch.

so your saying the rangers didnt play better down the stretch?

Old
10-14-2003, 08:31 AM
_P_

Quote:

are you guys missing my point ...or does eveyone on this board have there own agenda...why does everyone on this board just jump to attack everything that is said?...my point was about carter...not the rangers down the stretch..............

are you saying your not disappointed with carter? thats its ok for people to play like crap cause well hey the team did/does.....

my point was simply that away from the rangers he did great in between seasons...and maybe if he turned in on last year we would been better...do you really think that is he turned in out lindross wouldnt of followed suit?

at this point in his carrer lindross needs player to get him going ...it used to be the the other way around

Old
10-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
wrong the team was aided by that but if your guna tell me they didnt play better down the stretch than you missed some games

The team went 1-4-1 over the last 2 weeks of the season starting with the loss to a Pens team who hadn't won in their last 18 tries. Unless you've got a different definition of "the stretch", that doesn't look like "better" play to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _P_
ok so carter gets a free pass....just coast out there boys
I didn't say I was giving Carter a pass. All I said is that it's not the player who's the problem. Doesn't seem a little too coincidental that everyone who pulls a Ranger sweater over their head instantly forgets how to play the game? At what point do YOU stop pointing fingers at individuals?

Old
10-14-2003, 09:30 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I didn't say I was giving Carter a pass. All I said is that it's not the player who's the problem. Doesn't seem a little too coincidental that everyone who pulls a Ranger sweater over their head instantly forgets how to play the game? At what point do YOU stop pointing fingers at individuals?
I agree 100% with that but yet most of the bashing that goes on here is aimed at individuals rather than how they are being used.

Everything , and I mean everything in todays NHL is about what kind of system is deployed and to what levels a coach can get his team to buy into the conservative, passive defensive game that dictates winning in the NHL.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:29 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
I agree 100% with that but yet most of the bashing that goes on here is aimed at individuals rather than how they are being used.

Everything , and I mean everything in todays NHL is about what kind of system is deployed and to what levels a coach can get his team to buy into the conservative, passive defensive game that dictates winning in the NHL.
Ok, who is not being used properly? Seems to me that we looked at the team in preseason, the 4 forward lines APPEARED to be properly constructed.
As far as the defense goes, I do not know a coach out there that would be able to make any use of this group. Leetch is a bonafide #1 defenseman. After that we have a #4 (Poti...and some nights he is not even playing as well as a #4), a #4/5 (de Vries who plays hard and whose ceiling is as a #4), and a #5 (Kasper, who is not even allowed to play the game that made him famous). Who is left? Purinton? He is a capable #6. The ADRD? Neither of the Russians are not even looking like #8.
So who is not being used properly? Kovie is now playing the point of the PP. Holik is being used in front of the net. He probably should not be killing penatlies, though. So what is left?

Old
10-14-2003, 10:39 AM
JR#9*

TB-- I'm not refering to strictly this team today but rather what has took place over the last 6 yrs.I hate trap hockey and think it ruins the game HOWEVER even I realize after banging my head against the wall that in todays NHL you aren't going to be able to outskill and outskate people.

And you give the best example of blaming players more so then lack of a system with your"Atlanta's defense is better then ours and so is every other defense in the NHL stuff" while disregarding the fact that teams playing as a 5 man unit in a strict defensive system have alot of shortcomings hidden by the passive style they play.

That was my point.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Some of the bashings are certainly deserved. There's bad performances, and then there's players who don't even appear to understand the very fundamentals of the game. (ie. Malakhov)

Old
10-14-2003, 11:17 AM
True Blue

Quote:
And you give the best example of blaming players more so then lack of a system with your"Atlanta's defense is better then ours and so is every other defense in the NHL stuff" while disregarding the fact that teams playing as a 5 man unit in a strict defensive system have alot of shortcomings hidden by the passive style they play.

That was my point.
I know what your point was. But, the Rangers problem run more than just being able to blame the system. The roster is full of players who not only do not function in Sather's so-called system, but also could care less just as long as they collect the $$$.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
. The roster is full of players who not only do not function in Sather's so-called system, but also could care less just as long as they collect the $$$.
Sathers "so-called" system has been in place for all of TWO games.They will improve at executing it.

As for the team being full of guys here just for the paychecks that is total BS.These guys have desire and want to suceed but even if you don't believe that the fact that 3/4 of the team are in one yr deals or the last of their contracts means that they have incentive to play their best as for their next contract.

Old
10-14-2003, 02:15 PM
_P_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
youll get no argument from me that there is depper problems than any one player

BUT

im not pointing the fingure at anyone ...this is an anson carter thread..should i post my feelngs about the team in this thread?

i dont know about you but at my job if im not pulling my wieght i get repremanded regardless of how the company is doing....

Old
10-15-2003, 03:06 AM
KING

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...6318240930.xml

Old
10-15-2003, 03:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Sathers "so-called" system has been in place for all of TWO games.They will improve at executing it.
JR, let me get this straight. You've seen the first 2 games. Are you telling me that what you saw is soley a lack of executing Sather's system? Are you telling me that you saw hard work, gritty play, but lack of executing the system is what cost us to be outscored 10-3?
Sorry, one of the problems may be that they have not executed the system properly, but another is that the playes showed ZERO passion, guts, or heart. AGAIN. That's the problem that I and a good amount of other here have.
You can't tell me that the only thing wrong w/ the M&M boys have been lack of execution. You can't tell me that Rosie or Lindros or Carter have just not been playing the system. You could not see an unwillingness of almost the entire team to get their collective noses dirty?

Old
10-15-2003, 05:27 AM
kazo

Quote:

As for the team being full of guys here just for the paychecks that is total BS.These guys have desire and want to suceed but even if you don't believe that the fact that 3/4 of the team are in one yr deals or the last of their contracts means that they have incentive to play their best as for their next contract.
I can't believe that the only problem you see here is the lack of a system. Some of you are so hung up on this system stuff you can't see through anything else.

Granted, teams need to play within a system. But everything first and foremost, starts with hard work. The Rangers don't work hard and they don't play hard. Just compare the past two seasons which were filled with lackluster and largely disinterested performances. With the roster virtually unchanged from last season, do you really think this year will be any different just because of a "system"?

Closed Thread