HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

The Swedish Hockey Revival and the system of the Hockeygymnasiet

Old
04-22-2011, 02:43 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
The Swedish Hockey Revival and the system of the Hockeygymnasiet

Theres been a lot of talk about the revival of Swedish hockey and weve seen the results of this on the international stage at all levels of competition as well as in the NHL draft in the last few years. However what Im interested in is to hear what exactly where the steps that the competent people in Swedish hockey have taken to come the stage that you are at now. Id also like to know what role the system of the "Hockeygymnasiet" played in it and how this system actually works (Especially know that it seems that the Czechs are going to try to copy this system and Im aware that the rise of hockey in Denmark also had much to do with the DIU creating hockey schools). Asides from your opinions and comments, Id be really glad if you also threw articles regarding this topic my way- and yes they can be in Swedish.

Tack s mycket!

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:41 AM
cheerupmurray

Slightly offtopic, since the system of hockeygymnasium isn't mention but still some stuff about swedish hockey:

This is a interwiew with the Detroit scout Hkan Andersson talking about the revival of the Swedish hockey.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=45277

The swedish hockey introduced a system with hockey consulents that visits every hockey club twice every year to get the message out how they want the players to train. This have probably been a very important ingredient in the revamping. If you understand spoken swedish theres a good interwiew with a hockey consulent here: http://vimeo.com/22328537

Seems like much more importance is given to training the basic stuff like skating, rather than tactics. This is a referat from a lecture hold by Tommy Boustedt that talks about how they want hockey to be played in youth hockey. (it's in swedish)

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-55167/stri...y_boustedt.htm

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
slovakiasnextone

Thank you. Well Im not only interested in the hockey schools, but in pretty much everything that has to do with the Swedish revival. It seems that it also included battling alcohol....

Old
04-24-2011, 02:16 AM
slovakiasnextone

I seem to remember an article that was on IIHFs website during the WJC a year or two ago. It was said in the article that at the start there was kind of a congress with all the Swedish coaches, scouts etc. and that 100 steps to improve the Swedish development system were proposed. Do you think it is possible to find all the 100 steps somewhere?

Old
04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I seem to remember an article that was on IIHFs website during the WJC a year or two ago. It was said in the article that at the start there was kind of a congress with all the Swedish coaches, scouts etc. and that 100 steps to improve the Swedish development system were proposed. Do you think it is possible to find all the 100 steps somewhere?
Correct, Tommy Boustedt spearheaded it all. Don't know where to find the document you are looking for, sorry.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
slovakiasnextone

Thanks anway, KRM.

I have read about Tre Kronors Hockeyskola and I think its a wonderful programme to recruit players, Im juts not sure I understad how the whole thign works (mabye Ive done too little reading on it): When a hockey club or maybe just some player wants to organize the camp they just have to contact the federation to get the materials and support etc., but what about the financial side of things? Do the parents have to pay most of it or is there money from teh federation involved?

Also, is it possible to say that the three most imprtant projects in Swedish hockey development are Tre Kronors Ishockeyskola, ABS-prmen and Vg till ELIT?

Thanks again for all teh answers.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:08 PM
cheerupmurray

I suppose those projects are very important. I think the hockey consulents probably are important too. They visit the clubs on a regular basis. It's one thing to have a written documents on how they want the players to train, another to actually get the message out there, and talk to trainers and watch players. The hockey consulent works as a link between the federation and the clubs, I think it's 15 of them that all are responsible for their own part of the country. There have been a lot of projects to improve the level of the trainers trough courses and other forms of education.

One thing that I like is the focus on individual training. Even though it's a team game, theres no reason why they can't work with every player on a individual level and create a plan for each player.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote