HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Coaching Discussion

Old
04-24-2011, 03:03 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR28 View Post
Actually Terry took Philly to the Finals, so he is one up on Tippet.
Oh I forgot that, Thanks for setting me straight.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:04 AM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
im surprised pete deboer isnt on the list, he did a very good job in fla with no talent whatsoever. there were some growing pains moving to the nhl, but hes learned a lot. the next team that gets him will be getting a great coach imo.
Didn't Dean have a chance to hire him before he chose Terry Murray. I could of sworn that they had an interview or whatever, before Pete chose Florida.

JR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:06 AM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Oh I forgot that, Thanks for setting me straight.
Your welcome. That is where the infamous choker label Terry put on the flyers while in that series against Detroit. As true as his statement was, it got him fired. It might make sense as to the reason why he is guarded in the words he chooses during his press conferences, that everybody seems to lambast him on.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:09 AM
KingsCourt

How about de boer(sp) from florida. He got a raw deal in fla...gm left him with an ahl lineup, heard good things about him

KingsCourt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:12 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Your welcome. That is where the infamous choker label Terry put on the flyers while in that series against Detroit. As true as his statement was, it got him fired. It might make sense as to the reason why he is guarded in the words he chooses during his press conferences, that everybody seems to lambast him on.
I would agree, it's better for a coach to just keep his mouth shut most of the time. Let your GM handle the press.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:26 AM
JR28

When it comes to picking a coach you have to realize who is doing the choosing, in this case Dean Lombardi. Now we all know that lot of his his decisions when it comes to management or coaching are who he is familiar with, etc. That is how he picked TM as he was familiar with him when in Philly. Look at who he didn't choose, he didn't choose any up and coming coach (ahl or juniors) even though he had a chance too, he went with older established experienced Stanley Cup credential coach. So I would assume that if TM isn't the coach next season, he would go along the same vein. Which is why I bring up Darryl Sutter. Someone with experience, stanley cup finals experience, previous coach under Lombardi in San Jose. Makes perfect sense. None of the problems they had in San Jose, causing both to leave, do we have here. It would be a perfect choice, in the eyes of DL. That is if he would take the job.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:28 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
When it comes to picking a coach you have to realize who is doing the choosing, in this case Dean Lombardi. Now we all know his lot of his decisions when it comes to management or coaching are who he is familiar with, etc. That is how he picked TM as he was familiar with him when in Philly. Look at who he didn't choose, he didn't choose an up and coming coach (ahl or juniors) even though he had a chance too, he went with older established experienced Stanley Cup credential coach. So I would assume that if TM isn't the coach next season, he would go along the same vein. Which is why I bring up Darryl Sutter. Someone with experience, stanley cup finals experience, previous coach under Lombardi in San Jose. Makes perfect sense. None of the problems they had in San Jose, causing both to leave, do we have here. It would be a perfect choice, in the eyes of DL. That is if he would take the job.
I think Sutter would jump at the chance to coach a young and talented team. The Kings would be a nice project for him.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:30 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Should've just bumped my thread from last summer hahaha
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...light=coaching

Tony Granato, Bob Boughner, Rick Tocchet or even Craig MacTavish are my choices.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Should've just bumped my thread from last summer hahaha
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...light=coaching

Tony Granato, Bob Boughner, Rick Tocchet or even Craig MacTavish are my choices.
No, yes, maybe, no.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:54 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
How about de boer(sp) from florida. He got a raw deal in fla...gm left him with an ahl lineup, heard good things about him
I don't know about that. His first year in Florida he had Booth, Horton, Bouwmeester, McCabe, Weiss, and Vokoun and did nothing at all with them. It wasn't really until this past year that the roster really went down hill... Plus wasn't there mumblings that the players didn't respect him and weren't showing up for him?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:04 AM
R0CKET

Dave Tippett - he's not going to move if the team leaves Phoenix.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
Well if he wants to coach in the NHL he'll have to move somewhere. Why not Winnipeg?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

I think we need a players coach. Tippets is TM, we need a young guy who wants to prove himself ala Bylsma(sp) in Pittsburg. Morris might be good. We have a pretty young team. A younger coach makes sense.
Why does everyone like Stevens?

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:40 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I said it in the old thread and I'll say it again. I am shocked that Kevin Dineen is STILL not an NHL coach.

Would love to have him. I think he is a lock to get one of these coaching vacancies.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Sybil227

I'd be willing to give Igor Larionov - although I can't see that he has any coaching experience - except one-on-one with certain players.
And I'm not sure how receptive he'd be to the idea - although he does own a winery in Napa Valley, so he has a CA connection

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
backhander

TM isn't going unfortunately....Kompon should be gone for the dismal power play performance through this season. need to change something. Personally I'd give Hitchcock a year contact, but Lombardi man handles TM and Lombardi likes.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Well if he wants to coach in the NHL he'll have to move somewhere. Why not Winnipeg?
Because it's Winnipeg

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

Your not pronouncing it right

Its called WIN-ipeg

Tonellisghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
TruKingFan
Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Ken Hithcock
Mike Keenan
Jacques Lemaire
Bob Hartley
Doug Maclean
Larry Robinson
LMAO. That is a weak-ass list.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Tonellisghost
Baby Face Killer!

They left off Manon Rheaume.

I just want to be able to go to a King game flirt with her or try to anyways.

Manon, Je vous respecte en tant qu'un joueur et entraîneur et ai une question pour vous. Si j'avais des quelques plus de dents me donneriez-vous un baiser?

Then I will pull my bridges out of my pocket and pucker up!

Boughner

Tippet

Carbs

and a handful of Russian's.

Tonellisghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Kirk Muller to replace Kompon would be nice but it's not going to happen. I think Murray gets next year with a healthy Kopitar, Schenn battling for the #2 center role, defense is set, goaltending is set, an in shape Penner and Doughty (one can dream), Smyth with an extra step up of foot speed due to rigorous off season training program as he enters his contract year, Stoll in a contract year, Mitchell in a contract year, no Handzus, Poni or Zeiler.

Obviously given my screen name I'd love to see Keenan brought in but I also understand the baggage he carries. I prefer a coach with some anger behind the bench and with a history of being able to win the big games helps. Unfortunately, those guys are few and far between. Tough call for Lombardi and you really can't be an armchair GM until the playoffs are over for the Kings. If LA pulls it out this discussion doesn't even happen.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:04 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I've always been fond of Granato.
I'll assume you're talking about Cammy, but she's married to Ray Ferraro.
So the question remains, who do you want as a coach?

Quote:
Actually Terry took Philly to the Finals, so he is one up on Tippet.
Quote:
Yeah, that was TM alright. His smug attitude and inability to self analyze cost him a job. If it wasnt for DL, I'd wager he'd still be unemployed. I think it says something (something not good) about a coach when he insults the whole group like that to make up for his own shortcomings as a coach. Its never him or his decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
Thats my . . . thinking, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You have obviously never been to Winnipeg. If you had, that question would have answered itself for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Obviously given my screen name I'd love to see Keenan brought in but I also understand the baggage he carries. I prefer a coach with some anger behind the bench and with a history of being able to win the big games helps. Unfortunately, those guys are few and far between. Tough call for Lombardi and you really can't be an armchair GM until the playoffs are over for the Kings. If LA pulls it out this discussion doesn't even happen.
I dont know if its ANGER behind the bench thats needed, but it sure does seem that some fiery intensity would help this team at times, and it could be used to light a fire under certain players butts too!

But this discussion is currently premature.

WE HAVE A COMEBACK TO COMPLETE

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
johnjm22

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:26 PM
JMFJ 3

Firing Murray after what he's accomplished over the last 2 years would be a slap in the face.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
They left off Manon Rheaume.

I just want to be able to go to a King game flirt with her or try to anyways.

Manon, Je vous respecte en tant qu'un joueur et entraîneur et ai une question pour vous. Si j'avais des quelques plus de dents me donneriez-vous un baiser?

Then I will pull my bridges out of my pocket and pucker up!
thats priceless

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote