HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leblanc injured

Old
04-24-2011, 08:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where are you coming up with all those injuries? there was an article that said he played hurt uring the playoffs. He definitely didn't play like he was hurt at the WJHC, was one of the better players on Team Canada.
Wrist injury during the Harvard season/WJC camp.
Shoulder injury in the QMJHL.
Fans said he was still injured during the WJC to make an excuse for his poor play.
Then he has a piss poor play-offs and he was still injured.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:44 AM
RE-HABS

Not surprised to see the comments on Leblanc, after all most of the people complaining are the same ones who complained about Price, Pacioretty, Eller and others.

Hab fans need to stay on board with the team, instead of always jumping over board and mis-judging the talent all the time.

Come guys, lets start on Tinordi too!!!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I love how this board whines when we pass up on drafting French Canadians and then seems so eager to rip this one apart before he even puts on a Canadiens sweater. Embarassing.
I totally agree. The hate Leblanc is getting on this board is 100% because he is francophone. He would not be getting anywhere near this amount of flack otherwise.

I think that there's a reaction from fans who are tired of hearing people complain about the lack of francophones, where it seems they almost want the team to have no francophones out of spite or something. Which is just as ridiculous as the complaints about the lack of French Canadians on the team.

There have been far worse 1st round selections than a guy who played well at the WJC and has been the best of his team at every level.

Seriously, give the guy a break.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
With him considered a sleeper pick in the draft I expected him to be much more dominant. After playing a year against older guys I expected him to be close to leading the league in points. If he is not ultimately dominant offensively is he an undersized two way third liner? I suppose a Dougie Risebrough wouldnt be the end of the world but the Habs need an offensive firecracker. Hopefully he can continue to develop the O skills.
That I can agree with, he needs to be more dominant. The X factor here is if he's hurt or not, and if he was for most of the season. IMO that's why he needs to gain significant mass to be better able to resist the hits he will receive due to his play style. He forechecks and plays in traffic like if he thought he was a big guy, always leads to injuries. Can't wait to see the shape he'll be at training camp, if he has enough time to train with his shoulder surgery...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Fans said he was still injured during the WJC to make an excuse for his poor play.
Well, if you read the article it says that he's been injured for 5 months, which brings us back exactly at the WJC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Not surprised to see the comments on Leblanc, after all most of the people complaining are the same ones who complained about Price, Pacioretty, Eller and others.

Hab fans need to stay on board with the team, instead of always jumping over board and mis-judging the talent all the time.

Come guys, lets start on Tinordi too!!!
Haven't you heard? It started already on Tinordi..he's not producing at the pace some expected

As for Leblanc's injury prone, I think (and hope) it'S related to him missing some muscular mass. I think once he puts meat on his bones, it'll be better.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Et le But

The Leblanc hate is entirely a reaction of the Leblanc overrating. Both are completely unjustified. Part of it is because he's Quebecois which makes him the messiah in some people's eyes and in reaction annoys others to the point they irrationally hate him.

There's no reason to write him off as a bust yet. He has everything it takes to be NHL quality. I'm just not sure he's as good as some people think he is, and this team has a logjam of 2 way playmaker prospects right now without too many young top 2-quality scorers to compliment them. But Leblanc was picked 18th, sure I'd rather have Kadri but there's a reason that wasn't an option.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Leblanc hate is entirely a reaction of the Leblanc overrating. Both are completely unjustified. Part of it is because he's Quebecois which makes him the messiah in some people's eyes and in reaction annoys others to the point they irrationally hate him.

There's no reason to write him off as a bust yet. He has everything it takes to be NHL quality. I'm just not sure he's as good as some people think he is, and this team has a logjam of 2 way playmaker prospects right now without too many young top 2-quality scorers to compliment them. But Leblanc was picked 18th, sure I'd rather have Kadri but there's a reason that wasn't an option.
Those are the key words right there.

If we have anything to learn about the Pacioretty experience (among others), it's that it is completely foolish to write-off 19-20-21 prospects and saying they'll never amount to anything. WE DON'T KNOW.

Last year, Pacioretty would never be anything more than a third liner. Same thing has been said about Plekanec numerous times in the past. And yet, so many are making the same mistake again saying Leblanc will be a third liner or a fringe NHL'er.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not better to do the opposite and hype him as a 40 goal scorer (just taking the Higgins example). But can we just let him time to develop ?

And I don't care how often you've seen him, he might have been injured the whole time for all we know. I know us habsfans lack patience, but we have to find the strength in ourselves to just wait and see.

Same goes for Tinordi.

As for me, I saw them both in preseason and they looked fine and that's all I need to know for now.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Those are the key words right there.

If we have anything to learn about the Pacioretty experience (among others), it's that it is completely foolish to write-off 19-20-21 prospects and saying they'll never amount to anything. WE DON'T KNOW.

Last year, Pacioretty would never be anything more than a third liner. Same thing has been said about Plekanec numerous times in the past. And yet, so many are making the same mistake again saying Leblanc will be a third liner or a fringe NHL'er.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not better to do the opposite and hype him as a 40 goal scorer (just taking the Higgins example). But can we just let him time to develop ?

And I don't care how often you've seen him, he might have been injured the whole time for all we know. I know us habsfans lack patience, but we have to find the strength in ourselves to just wait and see.

Same goes for Tinordi.

As for me, I saw them both in preseason and they looked fine and that's all I need to know for now.
I agree with this completely. Fans are too impatient, just look at how people already write off Eller saying he will never be more than a 3rd line centre. Leblanc hasn't even played in the AHL yet. As much as I have doubts about his potential based on what I've seen, it's very possible he was limited by injuries and bad coaching.

He deserves to get his chance, just as Tinordi will in a few years. And in both cases there's no reason to rush.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Protest the Hero

I know we`re Habs fans but can we get some middle ground here people. Either he`s the biggest bust in the world or he needs to be the next great thing?

This is why we should avoid picking french players early on. Everyone is accused of having a bias one way or the other.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He had 6 goals in 10 games, that's not to shabby in any league. No excuses needed for the WJHC he was over a PPGM pace despite playing half the time on checking/energy lines.

Not sure what people expect out of LL, he'll be a good NHLer, a guy with above average skill combined with an edge and character. He'll be a guy that scores 20+ but who's contribution you don't only measure in goals and points.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
KristoLeblanc*

Quote:
Poor play? Over a PPG while being on the checking line and PK. But anyway, I remember you ripping on the guy during the WJC and saying you thought it was a mistake since Day 1 without ever saw him play in the USHL or NCAA.

You are clueless, accept it and move on.

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
He was injured during WJC camp.
He was injured during Harvard.
He was injured during the QMJHL season.
He was injured during WJC camp.
He was injured during the World Junior Championships.
He was injured during the QMJHL play-offs.

So he's either injury prone, can't heal from one injury or just plain isn't meeting expectations.
He's had the same injury he took since the early part of the Q. Goes from scoring 12 goals in his first 15 games to only scoring 16 in the next 35. Bad shoulder and he's not the first player to try and play through one. Cammalleri looked like an AHLer for a long time after his shoulder injury this season when he put himself back in early.

Why the dislike for Leblanc? It's like you're looking for reasons for this kid to fail.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Dude give it up. Were you one of the people calling Pacioretty a bust going into the season as well?

Old
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I know we`re Habs fans but can we get some middle ground here people. Either he`s the biggest bust in the world or he needs to be the next great thing?

This is why we should avoid picking french players early on. Everyone is accused of having a bias one way or the other.
Yeah we should totally disregard an entire demographic of draftable players because of how stupid 90% of NHL fans are. Alrighty.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Yeah we should totally disregard an entire demographic of draftable players because of how stupid 90% of NHL fans are. Alrighty.
I wasn't being serious for what it's worth.

Old
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Dude give it up. Were you one of the people calling Pacioretty a bust going into the season as well?
No. I was the one who told everyone about Pacioretty. Look in the draft threads from 2007. He is what I wanted with our 2nd pick and I leaped so high when we picked him, I nearly hit the ceiling. I knew he would be this and he's my favorite Hab because he is everything this team needs and doesn't have enough of.

Leblanc was never a pick I wanted. I knew we'd get him for political reasons and he'll be another stamp on the debacle that was the centennial season. Only thankful that Bettman did us a favor by not allowing the Vinny trade to go through.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Dekar

HF members should have a section in their profile that lists every player and prospect and says whether they like or hate the player so we know whose comments to ignore.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
I totally agree. The hate Leblanc is getting on this board is 100% because he is francophone. He would not be getting anywhere near this amount of flack otherwise.

I think that there's a reaction from fans who are tired of hearing people complain about the lack of francophones, where it seems they almost want the team to have no francophones out of spite or something. Which is just as ridiculous as the complaints about the lack of French Canadians on the team.

There have been far worse 1st round selections than a guy who played well at the WJC and has been the best of his team at every level.

Seriously, give the guy a break.
Why is it ridiculous? Older fans are used to have a team filled with kids from Québec, whether they are anglophone/francophone. That's how the habs were winning in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Even in 93, there were 13 Quebeccers in the team. Isn't it normal for a group of fans to want some players they can compare to? I think it is. Fact is, if instead of drafting Fischer they would have drafted Giroux, we'd be a contender. If instead of drafting either Patches/Mcdonaugh , they would have drafted Perron, we'd be a contender. I can't blame the team for not signing Star quebeccers though because obviously they want nothing of Montréal and I understand them, it would a friggin' big amount of pressure to support to be the 'only' good Quebeccer on the team. Having to answer to the journalists after every game even though you have nothing to do about the GWG or the error that cost the game. Have you ever noticed that frenchys are always interviewed, no matter what? Also, I've been growing in a decade where my captain couldn't speak a word of french, and for the whole love that I have for Saku, i was sad about it. How can I identify myself to this team?
The montreal canadiens used to be Quebec's team... And you could have pride cheering for it because it was 'our' team. Just like Team Canada is Canada's team...

I think if they bring more than one star quebeccer they will accept to come up here and play. For the moment we have to draft them but they rarely get to our picks...

Last edited by QuebecPride: 04-24-2011 at 08:57 PM.
QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

So you'd draft fischer again?

Old
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Why is it ridiculous? Older fans are used to have a team filled with kids from Québec, whether they are anglophone/francophone. That's how the habs were winning in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Even in 93, there were 13 Quebeccers in the team. Isn't it normal for a group of fans to want some players they can compare to? I think it is. Fact is, if instead of drafting Fischer they would have drafted Giroux, we'd be a contender. If instead of drafting either Patches/Mcdonaugh , they would have drafted Perron, we'd be a contender. I can't blame the team for not signing Star quebeccers though because obviously they want nothing of Montréal and I understand them, it would a friggin' big amount of pressure to support to be the 'only' good Quebeccer on the team. Having to answer to the journalists after every game even though you have nothing to do about the GWG or the error that cost the game. Have you ever noticed that frenchys are always interviewed, no matter what? Also, I've been growing in a decade where my captain couldn't speak a word of french, and for the whole love that I have for Saku, i was sad about it. How can I identify myself to this team?
The montreal canadiens used to be Quebec's team... And you could have pride cheering for it because it was 'our' team. Just like Team Canada is Canada's team...

I think if they bring more than one star quebeccer they will accept to come up here and play. For the moment we have to draft them but they rarely get to our picks...
Giroux's from Ontario and Max Pacioretty provides an impact on this team than Perron would never give. Power forwards are needed on this team far more than snipers with a limited physical game. He'll end being a much more important player for MTL.

Quebec isn't producing many good hockey players right now. It's a fact, Huberdeau is the first Quebec-born forward to be a Top-5 draft candidate since Lecavalier. Canadiens will draft if a talented player is there (or not, teams do miss, Giroux would go Top-5 in a re-do of the 2006 draft). But they aren't duty-bound to grab them. They've given undrafted players contracts like Desharnais, Lefebvre, Masse, Desjardins and so on. How far does this team have to go to grab players who don't exist?

They've missed out on a multitude of more talent in the WHL and OHL in the last 10 years than they ever missed in the Q.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Giroux's from Ontario and Max Pacioretty provides an impact on this team than Perron would never give. Power forwards are needed on this team far more than snipers with a limited physical game. He'll end being a much more important player for MTL.

Quebec isn't producing many good hockey players right now. It's a fact, Huberdeau is the first Quebec-born forward to be a Top-5 draft candidate since Lecavalier. Canadiens will draft if a talented player is there (or not, teams do miss, Giroux would go Top-5 in a re-do of the 2006 draft). But they aren't duty-bound to grab them. They've given undrafted players contracts like Desharnais, Lefebvre, Masse, Desjardins and so on. How far does this team have to go to grab players who don't exist?

They've missed out on a multitude of more talent in the WHL and OHL in the last 10 years than they ever missed in the Q.
Franco-Ontarian and Quebeccer, what's the difference really? Hearst, just like Montreal is 50/50 in terms of language percentages. Benny P is from Alfred, and for me he's a Quebeccer. Just like Dickie Moore or Sergio Momesso. And you are right, we missed on a lot of good players. But how can we miss such talents when they are in our backyard and only a 2/3 of the teams scout in the Q? Perron was one of the 1st to make the NHL from his draft class. And we had two 1st round picks for god's sake. To me Patches/Perron is a draw though.. Do we have a guy with his amount of talent on this team though? The answer is no...

Old
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Franco-Ontarian and Quebeccer, what's the difference really? Hearst, just like Montreal is 50/50 in terms of language percentages. Benny P is from Alfred, and for me he's a Quebeccer. Just like Dickie Moore or Sergio Momesso. And you are right, we missed on a lot of good players. But how can we miss such talents when they are in our backyard and only a 2/3 of the teams scout in the Q? Perron was one of the 1st to make the NHL from his draft class. And we had two 1st round picks for god's sake. To me Patches/Perron is a draw though.. Do we have a guy with his amount of talent on this team though? The answer is no...
Perron made it early because St.Louis was in shambles plus he was a year older than everybody else in the draft for the most part as he was drafted after his 18 year old season(2nd year eligible). Nobody in their right mind would take him over Pacioretty right now, injuries or not. McDonagh is starting to look like a very good player also, unfortunately he was traded away.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

double

Old
04-24-2011, 10:36 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Perron made it early because St.Louis was in shambles plus he was a year older than everybody else in the draft for the most part as he was drafted after his 18 year old season(2nd year eligible). Nobody in their right mind would take him over Pacioretty right now, injuries or not. McDonagh is starting to look like a very good player also, unfortunately he was traded away.
We'll see dude. I love patches, but he might not be the same player after his injury, same could be said about David. Also you are right he was older, but he still would be top10 in that draft class.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
pine*

Quote:
So you'd draft fischer again?
Who said anything about Fischer?

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote