HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

How would Pred fans feel about losing the blue?

Old
04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
You have to wonder (unless it's been said otherwise) if our current thirds are just going to be the regular home jersey of the future. Also, I think it would be sweet if we wore those today/tonight.

I've never minded our jerseys, in fact I think a lot of casual observers like them. The basic home and away I mean. I don't want yellow brought back at all. Keep the blue or navy in some way.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:14 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
welcome to the ice, your minnesota golden gophers ? ... good attempt, but I think I'd have to pass
"Why are my season tickets now for Boston College hockey?"

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Alright Preds fans, i heard ya! Sorry for removing the blue

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Tennman

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Alright Preds fans, i heard ya! Sorry for removing the blue

I like it. It might make a good third, but I wouldn't want it as a primary jersey.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
You have to wonder (unless it's been said otherwise) if our current thirds are just going to be the regular home jersey of the future. Also, I think it would be sweet if we wore those today/tonight.

I've never minded our jerseys, in fact I think a lot of casual observers like them. The basic home and away I mean. I don't want yellow brought back at all. Keep the blue or navy in some way.
Current 3rds (navy/black) are NOT going to be our new home jersey. Our new home jersey will be an entirely new design. Remember, our current 3rd was designed by David Freeman. David Freeman is no longer the chairman of the board. I haven't heard either way, but I do think our current 3rd might remain as our 3rd next season.

Regardless, bottom line...we have an entirely new home jersey for next season that hopefully we'll be too busy with on-ice action to really worry about for a few months yet...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Current 3rds (navy/black) are NOT going to be our new home jersey. Our new home jersey will be an entirely new design. Remember, our current 3rd was designed by David Freeman. David Freeman is no longer the chairman of the board. I haven't heard either way, but I do think our current 3rd might remain as our 3rd next season.

Regardless, bottom line...we have an entirely new home jersey for next season that hopefully we'll be too busy with on-ice action to really worry about for a few months yet...
Didn't know that about Freeman. Wish he would redesign the home/aways.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Couldn't the yellow just be a theme for the play offs?

Personally, I hope we don't go back to anything like the mustard. I like the 3rds we have now. I know they won't be the home jerseys, but I'd like a simple, traditional looking design like that for our new unis next season. Probably won't happen since the 3rd is our traditional design, but I can hope

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Couldn't the yellow just be a theme for the play offs?

Personally, I hope we don't go back to anything like the mustard. I like the 3rds we have now. I know they won't be the home jerseys, but I'd like a simple, traditional looking design like that for our new unis next season. Probably won't happen since the 3rd is our traditional design, but I can hope
I want a gold/yellow and navy color scheme. Our 3rd's right now are traditional, but they simply do not stand out in the arena vs. the navy blue seats.

I've always been a big fan of Sweden's gold/blue color scheme and love that the gold stands out so prominently on TV and in person.

Just my preference, but I want something bold. I want something that when I see it screams "Nashville Predators"...

Old
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Just my preference, but I want something bold. I want something that when I see it screams "Nashville Predators"...
I think our homes and aways are very distinctly Nashville Predators. No other jersey in the league is anything close to it.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:34 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
I want a gold/yellow and navy color scheme. Our 3rd's right now are traditional, but they simply do not stand out in the arena vs. the navy blue seats.

I've always been a big fan of Sweden's gold/blue color scheme and love that the gold stands out so prominently on TV and in person.

I agree. I want it to stand out like the Flames or Capitals when they fill the arena with their main colors. Pretty amazing to see a sea of red or burnt orange. Would love to see a sea of yellow/gold.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
I think our homes and aways are very distinctly Nashville Predators. No other jersey in the league is anything close to it.
I should have been clearer. I was referring more to the color than the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I agree. I want it to stand out like the Flames or Capitals when they fill the arena with their main colors. Pretty amazing to see a sea of red or burnt orange. Would love to see a sea of yellow/gold.
Exactly. I want a sea of yellow/gold in the arena. No other team would have it and it'd be "distinctly Nashville" as the team as been working more and more into their in-game promos and marketing this year.

That's what I believe is the intention of ownership under Tom Cigarran. I think he embraces the Nashville community/market and cherishes the quirks (like the 70/30 personal over corporate season ticket sales that leads to a greater "buy in" from the fans and much more energy at the arena game-to-game). I believe that every time you step into Bridgestone Arena that the team wants you to have a "distinctly Nashville" experience that makes you want to come back time and time again. I applaud them for that vision...

Old
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
cleangene

As you mentioned earlier Seth, it's AMAZING such a thread is running on a day like TODAY!!! I can see it now, PREDS needing 1 win before they own THE CUP, and 70 replies are made regarding keeping "fang fingers"!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
hockey diva

While I appreciate the need to stand out, I cannot wear that much yellow. My skin tone does not do well with that part of the colour wheel. If it does become our new home jersey colour, I will not be buying one to be sure.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
While I appreciate the need to stand out, I cannot wear that much yellow. My skin tone does not do well with that part of the colour wheel. If it does become our new home jersey colour, I will not be buying one to be sure.
Really? Skin tone is why you won't wear a yellow jersey? Come on, really? And you call yourself a fan of the team. Bah. I don't do well in yellow either but I bought the mustard and even though I live out of town now I'll buy a yellow if it happens. It's all about the team, not skin tone. Become one of the sea of 17,113.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:38 PM
adsfan

I like the blue. I like the silver. I hated the mustard.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
This.

Yellow/Mustard is that ugly.

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Mustard is only for eating...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:22 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I really don't think they need to change any part of their uniforms. I love the current color scheme and I love the logo.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Really? Skin tone is why you won't wear a yellow jersey? Come on, really? And you call yourself a fan of the team. Bah. I don't do well in yellow either but I bought the mustard and even though I live out of town now I'll buy a yellow if it happens. It's all about the team, not skin tone. Become one of the sea of 17,113.
Well I am a diva...

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:40 PM
JacklegJack

Bring back the mustards!! I for one absolutely loved 'em! (Aside from the logo, but slap the primary on those beauties and problem solved).

11 teams (once TB makes the switch next season) use blue as their primary color. Here's hoping that management makes the right call and goes for something a little unique. Go for gold!

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

No way keep the blue. Rooting for the Rangers and the Preds I can just say I bleed blue. Now you're trying to turn my blood all different colors? That's like cancer or somethin...

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
No way keep the blue. Rooting for the Rangers and the Preds I can just say I bleed blue. Now you're trying to turn my blood all different colors? That's like cancer or somethin...
In that case if you have to bleed mustard and blue it would turn green. So you might as well just abandon everything and be a Stars fan.

But no mustard please.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
In that case if you have to bleed mustard and blue it would turn green. So you might as well just abandon everything and be a Stars fan.

But no mustard please.
Aw c'mon now I'm stuck with Brad Richards either way

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Aw c'mon now I'm stuck with Brad Richards either way
Maybe Minnesota. That would make more sense.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Adz

I like what we have now. I had special ties to the mustard, but it looked garish on TV...and in daylight, for that matter. I'd prefer to stay as far away from the yellow family as possible, except for piping or something else very small.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote