HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Offside on Bruins OT goal?

Old
04-22-2011, 05:26 PM
McNuts

vCash: 500
**** the offside it's a 3 on 1.

What the **** did you do Moen. What the ****.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Gally11

meh missed offside calls only bother me if its obvious.. **** that's close annoys me when they even call it lol

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:04 PM
RealCity

Whatever move forward.

Last edited by RealCity: 04-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.
RealCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...-je-72065.html

Anyhow, so many bad things on the same play:

1- Moen thinks he is Crosby and tries to deke the defence

2- Bad defence line change

3- Spacek never gets up after he slid ( guess he was tired and wanted to rest )

4- Sopel hits a guy behind the net, and he doesn't even have the puck

5- Gionta stays in front of the net and gets really good pictures of the goal

6- Price is too weak... duh, this must be the reason, I mean come on Price... That's a must do save -.-
Price played it perfectly, he was left out hung to dry with Moen leaving Ryder in front wide open and Subban making the bad line change after staying out way too long.

So funny to see everyone start to blame Price right away.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:28 AM
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
They all have at least a skate behind the line. No offside, bud.
IT IS offside. Skate up in the air.

Just think what the Bruins would have said if they lost the game on this.

flowerpower13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
IT IS offside. Skate up in the air.

Just think what the Bruins would have said if they lost the game on this.
There is no way the lineman can see that the skate is 1 inch above the ice when he is 40 feet away. Move on, those play are not and should not even be called offside.

His skate still is on the good side of the line.

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:21 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
There is no way the lineman can see that the skate is 1 inch above the ice when he is 40 feet away. Move on, those play are not and should not even be called offside.

I don't understand these needless and argumentative stances. The play was offside. Why debate that. I thought it was offside when it first happened by the naked eye on television. The linesman just didn't have the courage to call a 3-on-1 offside in overtime. Or it's a fix, I dunno. But the linesman blew the call, clearly. Even my friends who are Boston fans agree and point to Kovalev's offside OT goal in 2004 as justification. The play was offside.

If you are taking the mindset that you are one of the players in Montreal's lockerroom - you are not. There is no need for you to focus your concentration on game 5, because you are only a fan. And as fans we can tell the truth and not worry about getting off our game in front of the television.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

It was clear enough for me to see real time, the first time, on a 27" TV from 15 feet away, and even more clear in replays and slow mo (the freeze frames people are providing are actually just a bit late, since the puck was actually inches outside the line at the time the guy in the centre first breaks the plane of the blueline with his skate AND has his other skate already lifting off the ice in the neutral zone), but it was close enough that I accept that this kind of thing will occasionally get missed, and occasionally it will unfortunately decide games. As such, I too believe we should have moved on by now.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I don't understand these needless and argumentative stances. The play was offside. Why debate that. I thought it was offside when it first happened by the naked eye on television. The linesman just didn't have the courage to call a 3-on-1 offside in overtime. Or it's a fix, I dunno. But the linesman blew the call, clearly. Even my friends who are Boston fans agree and point to Kovalev's offside OT goal in 2004 as justification. The play was offside.

If you are taking the mindset that you are one of the players in Montreal's lockerroom - you are not. There is no need for you to focus your concentration on game 5, because you are only a fan. And as fans we can tell the truth and not worry about getting off our game in front of the television.
Wow you just brought it to a whole new level...
There is no debate since YOU think it was offside? I'm speechless.

According to you I can't have an opinion on the play and I can't say it's pointless to keep talking about the past? WOW!

If you went on other boards, you would see MOST people think it is onside.

From the rule book:
Quote:
A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick.

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
exactly.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
number 11

there's no way that offside is ever called. if one of the player's back skate is in the air, it's only by 2 inches.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:53 AM
flowerpower13*

Quote:

It's not a matter of who can see what. Referees can't do miracles. BUT it was still offside.

flowerpower13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Native

being technically strict, it was indeed offside, play should have been whistled down. simply, a missed call. but not the first time something was missed, whether something similar or any other type of play or infraction. its a fast game, multiple guys crossing the line, doesn't seem to have a linesman right on the line, and we (the fans) have more of a bird's eye view of the ice.

regardless, it is what it is. we were guilty of a multitude of mistakes all game long and have no one to blame but ourselves.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
habtastic

A more glaring infraction of the rules that I see regularly is when players dump the puck just before reaching the red line. Like two feet away, but clearly not over the line and it never gets called for icing. And I mean the follow through, so where the puck leaves the stick. Dunno why it's just a convention to ignore the precision on calling that play.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:40 AM
j52

We let in 5 goals in a pivitol game!
Gomez, Gionta, and yes, Price all played poorly.
I can't remember in my 50 plus years of watching Hab hockey, any other Hab goalie saying that he felt okay about his game in the playoffs after giving up 5 goals. Plante, the Gump, Hodge, Vachon, Roy - those guys would have been upset with themselves, if not the team. Dryden would have spent minutes explaining how it was his fault.
Price wants them to "cowboy up" for the next game? Good strategy if John Wayne and Kirk Douglas are on your team, and the scipt calls for you to win but the Duke has been dead for a long time, and Kirk is old and ill.
Talk is cheap, and it's time for the walk, not the talk.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
We let in 5 goals in a pivitol game!
Gomez, Gionta, and yes, Price all played poorly.
I can't remember in my 50 plus years of watching Hab hockey, any other Hab goalie saying that he felt okay about his game in the playoffs after giving up 5 goals. Plante, the Gump, Hodge, Vachon, Roy - those guys would have been upset with themselves, if not the team. Dryden would have spent minutes explaining how it was his fault.
Price wants them to "cowboy up" for the next game? Good strategy if John Wayne and Kirk Douglas are on your team, and the scipt calls for you to win but the Duke has been dead for a long time, and Kirk is old and ill.
Talk is cheap, and it's time for the walk, not the talk.
trust me, they know what needs to be done. they said they were emotional, disappointed after the game. the interview you're referring to was from the next day. I'm glad they have the mindset of last year's team than the "gee-shucks" attitude of past years.

you're right though, walk the walk.

btw...if you weren't aware, Carey likes (is) the cowboy life. See mask. Just using his own terms. If he does bail us out, I will go see Cowboys and Aliens when it comes out. Ah I'll prolly see it anyway...

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Price played it perfectly, he was left out hung to dry with Moen leaving Ryder in front wide open and Subban making the bad line change after staying out way too long.

So funny to see everyone start to blame Price right away.
So funny to see that people can't make out a sarcasm...

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I think it was offside, you just have the wrong frame. The back skate has to still be on the ice. You have to drag it.
But it's extremely close.

I agree it was offside. Really.. But these things can't be avoided.. Even the Habs score this way sometimes.. The lines men missed it. too bad though..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:15 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

If you went on other boards, you would see MOST people think it is onside.

From the rule book:
Psst. The "leading edge" is the edge closest to the middle of the ice, not the edge closest to the Montreal net. That picture you included shows the puck already across the entire blueline. You need the gif of as SOON as the puck was completely in the blue (not already across it), and THEN see where everyone's feet are.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:35 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
As l ong as that puck goes in over line with the other guys foot still touching blueline its not offside bud.,

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Schmautzie
Dave est magané

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If you watch the video, the middle Bruin had his back skate in the air at the time the puck entered the zone. Doesn't matter though, even if it was offside by like an inch or two and if you're going to blow 3-1 and 4-3 leads and give up a 3 on 1 in OT you deserve to lose.
Correct. Montreal had more than 1 great opportunity to win it in OT and couldn't convert. THAT'S what killed them, not a ticky tack, alleged offsides.

Schmautzie is offline   Reply With Quote