HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
What would you say Artie and our 2 2nd round picks would get us in the draft? to have 2 top 15 picks this year would be sweet!
It would get us a roll of the dice. We're not rebuilding, we're trying to build on a solid foundation. You don't trade 22-year old centers for draft picks, you trade them for better, established players.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I created a thread on the Trade Section of HF.

Someone countered:

Hemsky for Anisimov, and a 2nd.

Thoughts?

I would do it and try to get a top line of Hemsky - Richards - Gaborik *drools*

04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post

Someone countered:

Thoughts?

Hemsky AND Gaborik?

Not really a fan of having 2 of my 3 top liners that injury prone, even though I love Hemsky.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
3Four3

To NYR: Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, 2nd round pick, $30 million in cash;

To DET: Artem Anisimov, Chris Drury, 6th round pick, and an authentic hot dog from Coney Island.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
mike14

Quote:

Someone countered:

Thoughts?

Hemsky has 1 more year @ 4.1m. the Oilers would have to take someone else (WW?) cos teh Rangers can't afford to take on slary if they want Richards

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Hemsky has 1 more year @ 4.1m. the Oilers would have to take someone else (WW?) cos teh Rangers can't afford to take on slary if they want Richards
But I think the principle part of the deal is something definitely worthy of consideration.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 09:57 PM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

For some reason I've just never been crazy about him.

This doesn't mean I don't think he deserves his spot on the team, however he's FAR from untouchable for me. Package him up and ship him out for the right return.

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:27 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

This is a contender next year.

? - Richards - Gaborik
Dubi - Arty - Cally
Wolski -Stepan -Zuccarello
Feds - Boyle - Prust

DG -Staal
McD -Sauer
PMD - ?

This is Cup worthy team with 2-3 more years development.

? - Richards - Thomas
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Dubi - Arty - Cally
? - Boyle - Prust

DG - Staal
McD - Sauer
MDZ - McIlrath

And thats not saying the "pack line" isn't a 2nd line group, But if they are our third line because the players ahead of them are that much better, we are in great shape for a couple year run and match up that much better with center deep teams like Pitt, SJ, Van, Philly, TB.

Going back to his 40 & 80pt hartford days, then improving from an 18pt 4th liner as a rookie to a 44pt 2nd line, defensively responsible center his 2nd season as a 22yo begs for you guys to give him till the end of his next contract before we start the trade threads.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Blazephr

Please stop with the trade proposals of our kids. Patience people...patience. Torts is doing what we've all wanted for many years. He's going with youth and phasing out the over-paid aging-vet syndrome. Anisimov is gonna be fine. Stepan is gonna be fine & MDZ is gonna be fine. We got more kids coming through the system that show promise. We gotta show some patience & let the team go through its growing pains.

Lets be honest, Torts had this team over achieving all season long. And with no PP QB and no top line to speak of.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

When Hank is 36 and cupless we'll regret not making a push for the cup.

For me, everyone except Kreider and Thomas out of our prospects are up for grabs for a top 6 talent, and Kreider and Thomas are available for a top line player.

This assuming we get Richards.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
I was disappointed in Artie's progress this year. He got some good long looks on the top two lines and never really proved he belonged.

I was pretty excited when he lit it up in preseason last year, but the promise has gone unfulfilled. Nice third line player with some upside to maybe a second liner, but he is a guy that can be dangled in a trade to get some front end offensive talent.

Hate to give up on the homegrown talent, but I wish there was more intensity there.

Disagree. He improved his skating during the offseason. Looked a little stronger too. Needs to fill out abit more though. 44 points (18 goals) in 82 games for a soon to be 23 year is not bad, very good defensively too. I think he breaks 50 points next season. I may be little biased though ... love my 2-way players.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Dubi AA and Cally had some real chemistry going, when 1 of them was out of the lineup, the other 2 suffered mightily.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
This is a contender next year.

? - Richards - Gaborik
Dubi - Arty - Cally
Wolski -Stepan -Zuccarello
Feds - Boyle - Prust

DG -Staal
McD -Sauer
PMD - ?

This is Cup worthy team with 2-3 more years development.

? - Richards - Thomas
Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Dubi - Arty - Cally
? - Boyle - Prust

DG - Staal
McD - Sauer
MDZ - McIlrath

And thats not saying the "pack line" isn't a 2nd line group, But if they are our third line because the players ahead of them are that much better, we are in great shape for a couple year run and match up that much better with center deep teams like Pitt, SJ, Van, Philly, TB.

Going back to his 40 & 80pt hartford days, then improving from an 18pt 4th liner as a rookie to a 44pt 2nd line, defensively responsible center his 2nd season as a 22yo begs for you guys to give him till the end of his next contract before we start the trade threads.

That's a big call. Be wary of sophomore slumps (like MDZ this year). Stepan, McDonagh, Sauer.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:36 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

My biggest problem with AA is that there were many games this season where I barely noticed that he was on the ice. Hopefully that will change going forward.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:58 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Geez people he improves his point total by 16 points and plays a more defined role as a 22-year-old second year player and you're ready to chase him out of town?

Only on HFBoards.....

Artie's one of my favorite Rangers; been watching him since he first came over and played in Hartford. He's only going to get better.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:44 AM
GAGLine

Gee, another "player X is at his highest value so we must trade him" thread. There is zero reason to trade Artie. He's only 22 and he showed significant improvement in his 2nd NHL season. He's not arbitration eligible, so his next contract will be on the low side still, which means he should be a very good value for the next 2 seasons.

This isn't the stock market. The whole buy low, sell high mantra doesn't work in the NHL, not when you are trying to build a team rather than a portfolio. Anyone you trade Artie for might provide more offense (and perhaps less defense), but they will undoubtably cost more. With the salary cap, you have to consider not just production, but production vs. cost.

Artie should reach 50 points next season. I think that's a reasonable projection. And he'll do it at less than 2 mil cap hit. Who are we trading him for that can provide that? No one.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:31 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

Someone countered:

Thoughts?

2009-10
Hemsky: 22 points
Artie: 28 points

2010-11
Hemsky: 42 points
Artie: 44 points

Yes, Hemsky can be a PPG player when he's healthy, but he's never healthy. Artie is 5 years younger and has yet to miss a game due to injury in 4 years as a professional.

Also, Hemsky is a RW and will make 4.1 mil next year. Callahan will get a raise into the 3.5 to 4 mil range. Are we going to pay 16 mil for 3 RWs? Which one plays on the 3rd line? And what about the year after when Hemsky will be UFA. How much will he get then? Meanwhile, Artie will still be making sub 2 mil and putting up 50+ points.

If Hemsky can play the left side and we can trade Wolski + picks for him, fine, but otherwise, no thanks.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:44 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

guys like werek and horak will do alot of what arty does.

arty hasnt got the skills to be a key component of this team moving forward given that we have others who look to slot into the 3c.

unfortunately, hes a guy who must be looked at as trade bait in order for us to aquire more skill.

i like russians as everyone knows, but im not high on russians who lack speed and skating like arty or smarts like grachev.

prefer to keep arty, but if the right deal comes along for a player- not a pick or prospect, you gotta look at it..

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
2009-10
Hemsky: 22 points
Artie: 28 points

2010-11
Hemsky: 42 points
Artie: 44 points

Yes, Hemsky can be a PPG player when he's healthy, but he's never healthy. Artie is 5 years younger and has yet to miss a game due to injury in 4 years as a professional.

Also, Hemsky is a RW and will make 4.1 mil next year. Callahan will get a raise into the 3.5 to 4 mil range. Are we going to pay 16 mil for 3 RWs? Which one plays on the 3rd line? And what about the year after when Hemsky will be UFA. How much will he get then? Meanwhile, Artie will still be making sub 2 mil and putting up 50+ points.

If Hemsky can play the left side and we can trade Wolski + picks for him, fine, but otherwise, no thanks.
Yeah, but Hemsky is a name and that's all that matters here.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:48 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

No way. AA has the size/skill/work ethic to be a key player for us for years to come. If his offense continues to improve, he can be a great 2nd line center. If it doesn't he'll be an almost perfect 3rd line center.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:52 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
When Hank is 36 and cupless we'll regret not making a push for the cup.

For me, everyone except Kreider and Thomas out of our prospects are up for grabs for a top 6 talent, and Kreider and Thomas are available for a top line player.

This assuming we get Richards.
I feel the exact same way. We really need to turn our recent drafting success into some big time established players. I love how people get opposed to moving any of Grachev, Kreider, Thomas, or MZA when they're all essentially fighting for one or two spots. Someone will not make the team; might as well turn them into something useful now.

Hank is not getting any younger. I'm not trying to be all "typical New York sports attitude", but we really need to start trying to win now.

Even if all of our prospects develop properly, we still have no superstars in our system. And that's a big if. I would feel terrible if the organization stands pat for far too long, and we still have a mediocre team. But hey, at least it would be full of our kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
My biggest problem with AA is that there were many games this season where I barely noticed that he was on the ice. Hopefully that will change going forward.
So true. I'm really not a fan of AA at all. I think he's going to be a career 3rd liner/decent two-way player. Just my opinion, I wish him nothing but the best. I just don't see anything too special about his game.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
It would get us a roll of the dice. We're not rebuilding, we're trying to build on a solid foundation. You don't trade 22-year old centers for draft picks, you trade them for better, established players.
We have other very talented players comming in the next season or two that can do exactly what Artie does for this franchise now. I just dont see Artie becoming any better than a good 2-3rd line defensive forward. Its not that i dont like him, i just think he can be used in a deal to get a better player

Now like i was saying before, if trading Artie and a late 2nd rounder can get us a top 15 pick then i say you do it. Having two top 15 picks in the 1st round would be huge. It may enable us to draft in the top 5 and finally get that TOP LINE FORWARD that this team craves so badly.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
The fact that Rangers management loves Arty and considers him part of the core gives me reason to believe he isn't going anywhere. Also Dubinsky said that he was the key component to the Pack line.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I feel the exact same way. We really need to turn our recent drafting success into some big time established players. I love how people get opposed to moving any of Grachev, Kreider, Thomas, or MZA when they're all essentially fighting for one or two spots. Someone will not make the team; might as well turn them into something useful now.
And what exactly is trading these players going to return us? Especially since mortgaging the future works so well. Just the way it did with Milbury and the Islanders.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:37 AM
SouvenirCity

Personally see Artie as "plateu-ing" post this season. He made alot of great strides as mentioned, but I don't see him becoming the dynamic player most think he will be. His stock couldn't be higher as of right now, so move him and get us a PP QB. John Michael Liles anyone?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote