HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
04-24-2011, 11:37 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
I'd say he impressed in games this season, but he was also invisible (offensively) in some others. If he was a late 20's-early 30's player I'd be worried. He's only 22. He's still learning English, which does affect his growth, to a point. Callahan and Dubinsky took dominant roles on the team this past season. They are a couple years older then him. He needs more time and we'll see how he performs for Russia in the World Championships. If he continues his development, he should be a 50-55pt (20G 30-35A) player. That's a league average 2nd line center.

I'd love to see him improve his faceoffs and I think if he does, he'll see some powerplay time at center and he'll play more PK minutes as well. He's someone who can explode next season and I think people wouldn't be too surprised.

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Everyone is tradeable.

I think something the Rangers should consider is moving AA and MDZ+ to Dallas for Loui Eriksson.

There is a the familiarity with Richards and a top line of Gaborik - Richards - Eriksson is DEADLY.
Would Dallas actually bite though? AA and MDZ straight up for Eriksson would be amazing.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
Would Dallas actually bite though? AA and MDZ straight up for Eriksson would be amazing.
I think we can get both Sedin twins for Anisimov alone.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
I think we can get both Sedin twins for Anisimov alone.
Thats not good enough on our part. If they absorb Drury's contract, and add Kesler to that, maybe I'll bite.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravey94 View Post
Thats not good enough on our part. If they absorb Drury's contract, and add Kesler to that, maybe I'll bite.
Now you're talking!

Old
04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
clmetsfan

Some people need to understand the difference between trading a player because he's not valuable to the team, and trading a player in order to maximize return.

Anisimov is already a valuable player and will almost certainly get better. The question is will he get significantly better. Personally I don't think he will, for reasons already stated. He's a player who does a lot of things well, but nothing exceptionally. He's not fast, he's not terribly creative with the puck, he's too easy to knock off the puck for a guy his size, and he takes a long time to get his wrist shot off. Those are all valid concerns.

Bottom line is that in order to acquire top-end talent in a trade, you need to give up real assets. I know everyone is hesitant to give up homegrown players, including myself, but sacrificing a guy who projects as a #2/3 center is not the end of the world.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
The Fuhr*

Reading through this thread... Ranger fans have high expectations

A 22 year old player who excels in the defensive end
Improved his scoring pace from 28 points to 44 points

His 36ESP production was 2nd on the Rangers behind Dubinsky
AA average 1:47PP ice time this past season and picked up 8PP points

Anisimov is going to get more PP time as he develops and his PP production will go up with the increased ice time from the 8Pts he had this past season to 15-20Pts

Add that with the 35-40ES points he has proven he can get with his current ice time.

That's going to make him a 50-60 point center... add his elite developing defensive game... be an awesome two-way center.

I don't understand how that is not good enough to be a core player of a cup contender.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:51 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post

Anisimov is going to get more PP time as he develops and his PP production will go up with the increased ice time from the 8Pts he had this past season to 15-20Pts

Add that with the 35-40ES points he has proven he can get with his current ice time.

That's going to make him a 50-60 point center... add his elite developing defensive game... be an awesome two-way center.

I don't understand how that is not good enough to be a core player of a cup contender.
It is enough. But in order to be a cup contender you need more than a bunch of 50-60 point two way players.

Old
04-24-2011, 01:53 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
It is enough. But in order to be a cup contender you need more than a bunch of 50-60 point two way players.
Which is fine because the Rangers have maybe two other ones.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

He has consistently improved his production every year as a pro. In his interviews, he always mentions how he wants to improve his game and become one of the best Russians in the league (usually he says he wants to be THE best Russian). This is the type of guy you keep. I'd expect him to be over 50 points next year and that's the production you get from top tier second line centers.

Of course, if some team comes to the F.O. and wants to overpay, you allow it. I just don't get the sentiment that we should be looking to offer our top young talent. I'm not the strongest advocate of signing Richards but Richards-Stepan-Anisimov-Boyle up the middle would rival any team in the league. Top 5 in the league with Vancouver, Tampa, Philly, and Pitt.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
So trade the 50-60 point guys for a top line and then be a one trick pony? The Rangers have been down that path before and it wasn't much more fun to watch than this current offense.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Crease

Nothing wrong with a big young two-way center who can play in both zones. Every team needs a second line center and I'm happy slotting him there. Keep the pack line together and let them grow into one of the best second lines in the league.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
NYR Viper

Why are we worryng about Anisimov? Lets worry about what they are going to do with Wolski who isnt good defensively AND wasn't scoring.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:40 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
The only thing that makes it hard to give him up for me is that on rare occasions he's shown signs of EXTREME talent. Examples being the Boston goal and the Pitt goal. If he scored more he'd be a real keeper, but if he doesn't show signs of much greater progress next year it might be worth exploring trade options. I really can't help but feel (comparing his potential to any other athlete) that he's a rather Cano-esque kinda player though. A solid first few years and then am OMG break out year.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Why are we worryng about Anisimov? Lets worry about what they are going to do with Wolski who isnt good defensively AND wasn't scoring.....
Seriously...

Anisimov didn't hit 20 goals as a 2 way 22 year old center! ZOMFG bust!!!

04-24-2011, 02:49 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

He plays scared hockey. He's very weak along the boards. With that said, he'll be a player who gets 50+ points but struggles in the playoffs.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He plays scared hockey. He's very weak along the boards. With that said, he'll be a player who gets 50+ points but struggles in the playoffs.
The way he plays defense, and the way he tries to bull his way to the net, I'd hesitate to say he plays "scared." That's just hyperbole.

He is weak on the boards. Fortunately, that is something that can potentially be addressed as he continues to develop. He's 22; as a professional hockey player, you definitely haven't hit your physical peak at 22. He has plenty of time to continue to add strength. He was much stronger on the puck and in the corners this year than he was last year, where a deep breath could knock him off the puck.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
The way he plays defense, and the way he tries to bull his way to the net, I'd hesitate to say he plays "scared." That's just hyperbole.

He is weak on the boards. Fortunately, that is something that can potentially be addressed as he continues to develop. He's 22; as a professional hockey player, you definitely haven't hit your physical peak at 22. He has plenty of time to continue to add strength. He was much stronger on the puck and in the corners this year than he was last year, where a deep breath could knock him off the puck.
I think if AA works on his lower body over the offseason, he'll find much more strength in the corners so he can use his body more effectively in protecting the puck.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:22 PM
ColonialsHockey10

He gets 44 points his sophomore year on a horrible offensive team and his upside is 50-60 points?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:24 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
He gets 44 points his sophomore year on a horrible offensive team and his upside is 50-60 points?
55-65 points?

Old
04-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
lol he is only 22...chill out
I'm with BK on this one. We have no idea what his upside is.

Looking at his stats you can see he makes serious strides on a year to year basis. I am VERY excited to see how he looks next year. I gotta feeling he's gonna be turning a lot of heads.

Also, Look at his size, frame etc.. He is a player who has the hands and even uses his body.. he just doesn't have the muscle mass to be succesful in doing so. My prediction: He gains anywhere from 10-20 pounts (most likely on the lower side) and is gonna be the AA we all invisioned when he was tearing up the As

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
So trade the 50-60 point guys for a top line and then be a one trick pony? The Rangers have been down that path before and it wasn't much more fun to watch than this current offense.
No, we have a bunch of two-way centers who have 50-60 point ceilings. Trading one isn't going to make us a one-trick pony, that's ridiculous.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post

This post is a lot more compelling than mine. lol.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:28 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
55-65 points?
60-70. Calling Anisimov a 50 point way center, while valuable, is an insult. His problem is one that every center wishes they had, he needs to bulk up. I love the Mikko Koivu comparisons, and I think Anisimov will be similar once he gets stronger.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
No, we have a bunch of two-way centers who have 50-60 point ceilings. Trading one isn't going to make us a one-trick pony, that's ridiculous.
out of curiousity... who do you think are our 50-60 point 2-way players?