HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins showing they are playoff built and deep.

Old
04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Neely08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
One of the biggest improvements, and one which I am sure I`ll get shot down for here for suggesting from the anti CJ crowd is Claude himself. Last season, 2nd OT, he woulda insisted upon and thrown out the 4 lines as per usual, last night, not close to it, anyone even see Soupy/Thornton or Paille out there for anything other than the odd shift to give the other 3 a breather?? Not me.

CJ`s TO timing has been great in the last few games too.
Indeed.

Furthermore, they spent far less time in their own zone, and forechecked aggressively, they were going for it. Which was my biggest complaint in the 4 losses in the flyers series. They've also become more and more physical as the series has gone on, especially in their end, which is key.

Therefore full props, Coach Julien. And that's coming from someone who had lost all faith.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Indeed.

Furthermore, they spent far less time in their own zone, and forechecked aggressively, they were going for it. Which was my biggest complaint in the 4 losses in the flyers series. They've also become more and more physical as the series has gone on, especially in their end, which is key.

Therefore full props, Coach Julien. And that's coming from someone who had lost all faith.
As much as I will never make any excuses for the collapse, truth is, this group is healthy, and there aren`t any Whitfields/Begins out there playing meaningful minutes. Injuries aren`t an excuse is the well worn cliche, but when those injuries are to huge pieces of the nucleus, it matters. You won`t convince me that the Habs D aren`t exhausted right now.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

An anemic first line and non-existent PP is neither 'playoff built' or 'deep'.

Fix those and the discussion begins...

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONic™ View Post
An anemic first line and non-existent PP is neither 'playoff built' or 'deep'.

Fix those and the discussion begins...
I have to agree with this.

When we get a PP I think..."Oh No".

I don't know what the solution is but the B's have to find a way to score on the PP.

As far as the top line...well Bergy is the top line IMHO...

04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I have to agree with this.

When we get a PP I think..."Oh No".

I don't know what the solution is but the B's have to find a way to score on the PP.

As far as the top line...well Bergy is the top line IMHO...
Right now he is. They need to get the PP going. But the fact that they've won the last 3 with out much from the 1st line and nothing on the PP, well I'd have to attribute that to the depth on this team

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Right now he is. They need to get the PP going. But the fact that they've won the last 3 with out much from the 1st line and nothing on the PP, well I'd have to attribute that to the depth on this team
Bergeron may be centering our "top" line right now. But in no way should this be our "top" line.

KHL NEED to get to going if the Bruins are going to stand a chance in these playoffs. I would say that they need to get going if the Bruins are going to come out of this first round. We aren't going to go anywhere if Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi is our number one line. It would be the worst top unit in the NHL.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:31 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Bergeron may be centering our "top" line right now. But in no way should this be our "top" line.

KHL NEED to get to going if the Bruins are going to stand a chance in these playoffs. I would say that they need to get going if the Bruins are going to come out of this first round. We aren't going to go anywhere if Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi is our number one line. It would be the worst top unit in the NHL.
No argument here. The absolutely have to step up and get going.

Old
04-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Hopefully The Horton goal helps their confidence. They needed that almost as much as we did.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
How do you figure?

We have a much deeper, versatile team, a perennial Norris candidate, a Vezina winner and nominee this year, a fantastic 2 way forward in Bergy, a skilled playmaker in Krejci... i can go on and on.
I know it's typical to overrate your team and maybe I am, but I feel like these guys deserve more credit than that. They won the division, they fought back from a 2 game deficit. They've been playing with heart and desire.
I don't know how anyone could say with a straight face that the Habs are a more talented bunch when we've dominated the play in the majority of these games.
Please elaborate because I don't see it
The habs have more talent and it isn't close. The Bruins are a better team and more complete team.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
The habs have more talent and it isn't close. The Bruins are a better team and more complete team.

Old
04-24-2011, 07:41 PM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
one has to wonder whether the success of the krejci line in the regular season (and the comparative success of the third line in the playoffs) hinges on the way the bruins are built

taken in a vacuum, i'm of the opinion that the krejci line is in the bottom third of first lines throughout the league; however, with a very good second line in the bergeron line and a very good third line in whomever has dressed in terms of production, i think that the question for other teams boiled down to "who do we defend tonight" since you effectively had three second lines

montreal has effectively matched up against krejci's line when possible, and clearly krejci and lucic haven't done themselves any favors with their play, but the montreal gameplan of shutting them down has worked fairly well; at the same time, look back to game three, and you see the third line capitalizing repeatedly

that makes the bruins deep, but it doesn't really engender a whole lot of confidence that they'll go a long way since they really don't have a guy that can take over a game by himself

along those lines, i'd trade everyone on the bruins and my firstborn to get datsyuk, if only because every game and postgame interview would be relentlessly entertaining

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Monday's suck, but I can't wait for work tomorrow Thursday was our last day and we were down 2-1 when I left and said see you Monday, hope you pass by my cubicule when you're down 3-2 on monday, they all laughed!!!

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
I have a feeling, with the history between these two teams, that this series has to go to a game 7. There is just no way it doesn't. It sucks, but that's the Bruins vs. Habs for you.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Let's wait until this series is over before celebrating.

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:22 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Bergeron is our top centerman since the beginning of the year. Problem for him is the fact that he, almost, never play with our best wingers. When he was paired with Lucic-Horton, both guys produced. Krecji disappear when the team need him the most. The guy have the word " overrated " tattooed all over him.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:33 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Bergeron is our top centerman since the beginning of the year. Problem for him is the fact that he, almost, never play with our best wingers. When he was paired with Lucic-Horton, both guys produced. Krecji disappear when the team need him the most. The guy have the word " overrated " tattooed all over him.
Playing soft and without any urgency is so much more magnified during the playoffs and I`m with you, this season DK just doesn`t look interested. He HAS to be the catalyst of that line and hasn`t been which may be a good thing as this team needs one more game, and if that 1st line can find it`s groove in game 6, pop some goals, end this series, maybe they`ll get some confidence moving forward and DK`s crutons will drop?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote