HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller

Old
04-24-2011, 11:41 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Eller

he has played very well in a limited role

I am absolutely pissed how we have a solid talent like him rotting on bottom lines

he has solid vision and why he cant play on the second powerplay unit or once

in a while take a top 6 role is beyond me , especially when a Pleks ..Gomy havent

produced in this series.

Hopefully next year he gets his due because he is solid 50-60 point player in the

making and legit top 6 for us and as good a center prospect we have had in over a decade .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post

I am absolutely pissed how we have a solid talent like him rotting on bottom lines

in a while take a top 6 role is beyond me , especially when a Pleks ..Gomy havent

produced in this series.

Hopefully next year he gets his due because he is solid 50-60 point player in the

making and legit top 6 for us and as good a center prospect we have had in over a decade .
If he's playing so well on the 3rd line, how can he be rotting?

The kid is 21, he played absolutely dominating last night (and for some of the series) and a big reason for that confidence is the fact that JM didn't shove him on the 1st line where if he didn't score a goal every game, fans would call him a bust.

But I agree, he's going to be so good in a couple years when he matures, it's exciting to see

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post

produced in this series.

So because a guy plays 3rd or 4th line as a rookie he's now "rotten"...

I guess most NHL are now rotten because other than guys like Crosby and Ovechkin, most NHLers spend 1-2-3 years on lower lines.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
MM425

You can thank Jacques for that.

Why elevate Eller's role when we have Gomez to play crucial minutes?

2 pts in 5 games and a +1 while playing on the 4th line. Gomez has 3 and Plecks has 2 in comparison.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:51 AM
McNuts

He's better than Gomez. In fact, he scored as much goals as Gomez while playing with MUCH lesser linemates in even strenght only.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
12 min/game is pretty good icetime for a rookie. Every time he's on the ice you notice him. Heck you can see him gaining confidence as he's holding on the the puck longer and longer each game. He's been one of our most physical players too with 17 hits in 5 games these playoffs. Very excited to see how he progresses next season. Since he's being brought up very slowly, he'll likely improve next season assuming Martin gives him more icetime/powerplay time. I'm kinda nervous Subban might hit the sophomore slump (pretty common for D who have huge roles and success in their rookie seasons).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I like that we've had the progression we've seen now from Eller, and before that Desharnais, and before that Pacioretty... because I think we're going to need a strong cast of scoring options, that's just the way our roster is probably going to be for the next few years with the big contract guys up front not being superstars. Possibility is there for a strong D, a great goalie, and... well, not a potent offense at all, but hopefully one that develops some additional balance to try to make up for lacking a gamebreaker.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

i really like what ive seen in the playoffs from him, but im not sure he should be getting 2nd line minutes yet.
He still lacks vision on the offensive side. He will come around. Keep him where he is doing well.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
wally weir

Actually i am very pleased with the use of Lars Eller. He has been put in a position where he has been challenged defensively. His time has been somewhat limited and expectations kept low. Remember that we, the fans, can put excess pressure on a player by expecting too much to soon.
I feel like Lars needs to improve his shot and offensive flair, for next year. Hopefully we start him on the third line but with offensive minded players. I would like to see a Kost-eller-pouliot line for next year.

wally weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 12:53 PM
habtastic

I love Eller and I was happy to see him get lots of icetime yesterday. I noticed him a lot. Hope it continues cuz I dunno how else we'll score now that our fastest and feistiest player is down.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
TheBuriedHab

He was playing his heart out yesterday. He still needs a lot of work with his give and go game. Once he improves that he will be a force.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
The way he's played this series, and the way he was devastated after last night's loss, it shows that Eller really cares. He has a bright future ahead of him.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Shadyone33

As much as I hate to see Gomez on the ice at all I'm glad to see that too much pressure isn't being put on Eller. The last thing I'd like to see is Kadriesque attention put on a young player still trying to learn the game. I will say that Pleks needs to start putting up points. I see the effort from him but the results aren't there.

I say leave Eller where he is for now instead of hoping for him to save the team in his rookie season.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Desharnais and Eller have both passed gomez with sheer work ethic and skill. The future is bright but the present is dark

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
He was playing his heart out yesterday. He still needs a lot of work with his give and go game. Once he improves that he will be a force.
he also needs about 10-15 more pounds but he's a keeper

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
ChikN

The guy is plain awesome with the puck on his stick. He has the ability to control the play in the 3 zones when his game is on, wich is a gifted talent only a few hockey players possess. If he can somewhat turn in a poorman Zetterberg (more like 60-65 pts) it would be great.

But for the moment I like the fact that he is somewhat playing under the radar not having the pressure to absolutely score goals and get points. Plus he is a very mature kid wich is awesome, hell he's 21 and already married.

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Eller is gonna be so awesome - already one of my favorite players on the team. He's really taken big strides since the start of the season and becomes more confident with the puck every game. I constantly see him backchecking hard and love the physical edge he brings.

I think we'll see big things out of him, Desharnais, and Pacioretty next year.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

What do you think Eller's potential is, anyways?

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Native

he's a keeper but just he needs time to develop and mature. love his compete and composure, very willing to get dirty and has a fearless attitude. once he fills out, he'll be very hard to deal with.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:08 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
What do you think Eller's potential is, anyways?
If everything works out perfectly? 1st line center.

Realistically? Good 2nd line center.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
If everything works out perfectly? 1st line center.

Realistically? Good 2nd line center.
If everything works out perfectly, he's a 60 point second line centre. I don't think there has been a player more overrated than Eller.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
NLHabsFan

I've liked his progression so far, and think he has played very well in the playoffs. No need to put extra pressure on him right now to save the playoffs. Hopefully he puts in a lot of work in the gym in the offseason and adds a lot of strength. I honestly can see him turn into a #1 center (lots more progression to go though). Not saying he is going to be a superstar or anything, but he has the skills, awareness in all 3 zones, and good size (especially when he gets stronger as he matures). In the pre-season, I would like to see him tried at center with Pacioretty and Gionta, I think that could be a good line.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

From what i have seen i could see Gomez being dealt somewhere and us Keeping Eller as our number 2 center. He is much better than Gomez from what i have seen. Even DD is better.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
If everything works out perfectly, he's a 60 point second line centre. I don't think there has been a player more overrated than Eller.
No this is good. Habs players hover around 60 pts, so this would be within norm.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:45 PM
The Right Price

Eller has played fantastically in this series against BOS. In a few years he'll be the best C on the Habs, even better than Plekanec.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote