HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three Rangers make HF top 50 prospects

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Three Rangers make HF top 50 prospects

Three Rangers make HF's top 50. Two are Lundqvist and Montoya. The top 25 is to be released soon. It's easy to guess who is in the top 25 from the Rangers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7855

Old
08-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Onion Boy

It's nice to see Lundqvist get some recognition. There are few goalie prospects league wide that are better than him and none have had the success he has (he is older though).

I am suprised to see Montoya on the list. The only thing keeping him there is hype, IMO.

Old
08-10-2005, 07:00 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

What I find amusing is the 2 fins selected ahead of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Three Rangers make HF's top 50. Two are Lundqvist and Montoya. The top 25 is to be released soon. It's easy to guess who is in the top 25 from the Rangers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7855
Korps are not on the fin squad that is playing up at lake placid now, but Korps is. Someone better quick tell the finnish national team they made a mistake.

Old
08-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Korps are not on the fin squad that is playing up at lake placid now, but Korps is. Someone better quick tell the finnish national team they made a mistake.
If I'm not mistaken it's b/c Nokkelainen and Tukkonen are inelgible this season while Korpi still barely makes the cut.

I do agree tho... Tukkonen at 33? Yea, tell me another one...

Old
08-10-2005, 10:23 PM
in the hall

thats interesting.. i would've thought lundqvist would be our highest in the top 50 unless tjutin is elligable

Old
08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I am suprised to see Montoya on the list. The only thing keeping him there is hype, IMO.
I was surprised to see Montoya that low, he had a bad year, but his good seasons still out-number his bad ones. Plus his upside is undeniable.

I think Montoya get underrated by a lot of people because Rangers fans' are about the most irrational people around, and everyone else likes to beat up on Rangers (prospects or otherwise) when they're down. Not to mention that people are leeches, and Pierre McGuire ripped into Montoya at the WJC's.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
I was surprised to see Montoya that low, he had a bad year, but his good seasons still out-number his bad ones. Plus his upside is undeniable.

I think Montoya get underrated by a lot of people because Rangers fans' are about the most irrational people around, and everyone else likes to beat up on Rangers (prospects or otherwise) when they're down. Not to mention that people are leeches, and Pierre McGuire ripped into Montoya at the WJC's.

Im guessing with the year Dawes had, he is in the top 25.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:52 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Its Tyutin. He was #16 last year and he is still eligible according to how HF defines a prospect.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

lolol

Dawes is not a top 25 prospect.

Old
08-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
lolol

Dawes is not a top 25 prospect.
You're right. He's a top 5 prospect. Along the likes of the other demi-gods in Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-

Every game I saw Montoya play this year (about 7) he sucked. It's not just that he's giving up goals. It's his form, play-reading, and on-ice awareness that have me worried. I don't by into any BS about poise, pressure, or any of that nonsense. His form looked very very raw and he has ALOT he has to work on before he can even sniff the NHL.

But I will admit the upside is there, for sure. I still don't believe his upside is any higher than Lundqvist however.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Old
08-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
If I'm not mistaken it's b/c Nokkelainen and Tukkonen are inelgible this season while Korpi still barely makes the cut.

I do agree tho... Tukkonen at 33? Yea, tell me another one...
It seems to me that Nokelainen is currently the best of the three, as he's developing into a very smart player. The Korpedo could (and I hope will, for a number of reasons) end up being better than either of the other two, but as of right now, it does look like Tukonen has the most tools in place.

Either way, I look forward to this line on the Finnish national team in major tournaments!

Old
08-11-2005, 05:41 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

What are you guys saying

I think the rangers should have at least three more guys on this list.
-For one Korpikoski should have made the list if Tukonen and Nokalienin (helluva name to spell) did.
-Fedor Tyutin because he's eligible
-Nigel Dawes. Had another great year stats wise. Played well for Canada in the WJC's. He is very, very underrated.

Old
08-11-2005, 05:43 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

???

How do you guys know there's only three rangers?

Old
08-11-2005, 05:50 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

The reason Dawes isn't on the list has nothing to do with how productive he was last year. It's because he still a question mark as whether he even makes the NHL. Jessiman is still a better bet to make it to the Rangers for a myriad of reasons, and he's not on the top 50. Those lists are nothing more than exercises in futility. Mike York was a 6th round pick and established himself as a productive NHL player. I'm pretty positive he never made such a list. Lundmark was on those lists for his first three years and can't get himself established.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:22 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
How do you guys know there's only three rangers?
at the top of the article it says the rangers are one of 8 teams with 3 prospects

Old
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Tyutin #17.

Quote:
17. Fedor Tyutin, D, New York Rangers
In an organization that has not had much patience for developing youth in the past, Tyutin has made stops in Europe, major juniors, the AHL and the NHL in his quest for playing time with the New York Rangers. Tyutin started the 2003-04 season with the Rangers AHL affiliate but earned himself a call-up by mid-season. Due to the work stoppage, Tyutin ended up back in the AHL but shortly returned to his home team in Russia to continue his development against more veteran competition. Tyutin is very mature for his age and shows tremendous poise and instincts on the ice. Not likely to impress the opposition with offensive skills, he is better suited to anchoring the blueline and shutting down the opposition’s top forwards.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7858

Old
08-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Edge

Every year I seem to disagree with these lists more and more...though that's not really a suprise considering i don't think i've actually visited the HF website in over a year.

Closed Thread