HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers - Lineup

Old
04-24-2011, 07:52 PM
dogfox

vCash: 500
people are saying stepan can be a number 1 center in the future. i think maybe tops number 2 he scored a point a game in college. but college hockey is not even close to as competetive as the chl ohl and qmjl. stepan a good player but dont compare to future number one centers as crosby malkin backstrom spezza thoprton cause I just dont see that. he can be maybe a good 2nd to third line center.

Now as far as talent it goes gaborik then wolski then maybe christianson. why people are comparing christenson to wolski is beyont me wolski n average scores 55 points minus this season. has christenson ever scored 40. wolski had 65 playing on the freakin coyotes. in junior wolski scored 128 points in 58 games playing center. I know his play without the puck is not the greatest. but how often do u say that was a bad decision or bad play by wolski when he has had the puck. not to often. he creates chances when hes got the puck. but when he deosent have the puck I admit
sometimes floats around and desent try hard.

Torts has tryed the christenson that project should be done.

try wolski at center gaborik needs a skill guy not boyle stepan anosimov arent even close to wolskis talent level.

its a new season try wolski in the middle he will have the puck more and when he has the puck he makes great plays. on the wing you get the puck flat footed with no speed or time. you need to put your most creative players in the middle.

torts give it a try

dogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfox View Post
people are saying stepan can be a number 1 center in the future. i think maybe tops number 2 he scored a point a game in college. but college hockey is not even close to as competetive as the chl ohl and qmjl. stepan a good player but dont compare to future number one centers as crosby malkin backstrom spezza thoprton cause I just dont see that. he can be maybe a good 2nd to third line center.

Now as far as talent it goes gaborik then wolski then maybe christianson. why people are comparing christenson to wolski is beyont me wolski n average scores 55 points minus this season. has christenson ever scored 40. wolski had 65 playing on the freakin coyotes. in junior wolski scored 128 points in 58 games playing center. I know his play without the puck is not the greatest. but how often do u say that was a bad decision or bad play by wolski when he has had the puck. not to often. he creates chances when hes got the puck. but when he deosent have the puck I admit
sometimes floats around and desent try hard.

Torts has tryed the christenson that project should be done.

try wolski at center gaborik needs a skill guy not boyle stepan anosimov arent even close to wolskis talent level.

its a new season try wolski in the middle he will have the puck more and when he has the puck he makes great plays. on the wing you get the puck flat footed with no speed or time. you need to put your most creative players in the middle.

torts give it a try

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I don't really get all the Prospal hate. Yeah, he's old and not exactly the most attractive first line option. On a team that lacks creativity, though, he's pretty solid for our lineup. People said he was done without giving him a chance this year and over the last quarter of the season, he was probably our most productive forward. I think we have enough young guys that we can afford to let him go but I'd be weary to say that he's washed up.

I'm really on the fence about B-Rich, it comes down to terms. I'm fairly certain that it will take an overpayment to get him, that's why I believe we should be out of contention. However, if he wants to come on a reasonable contract, it's worth trying. I just don't think it'll happen. So, my lineup looks like this right now:

Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Callahan-Anisimov-Dubinsky
Avery-Boyle-Prust
MZA-Drury-Christensen
*Give Grachev, Hagelin, Kreider, Thomas, Werek, and Bourque a chance to replace Christensen/Drury

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
MDZ-Valentenko/Kundratek/Pashnin/Veteran that's not McCabe

Lundqvist
Marty Biron

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Janerixon

Just for fun, here is what I would do assuming the cap goes up to 61,500,000 million which is fairly realistic. Buyout Drury and tell Boogard to retire due to concussion situation or tell him he will be in Hartford with Redden. I'd sign Richards for a 5 year deal front loaded with a cap hit of 7 million dollars, no trade clause but does not come with a NMC. I would resign Prospal (1 year 1.5 million), Feds (1 year 1.25 million), Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Boyle (2 year deal 1.85 million per year), Sauer, Gilroy (1 year for 1 million) and Eminger (1 year 1 million). I know Sather will go make one stupid signing probably an enforcer, but I would love to keep this team together and add Richards and Hagelin. Start MDZ in hartford and let him get a lot of time, he will be first player called up if needed and maybe Kundratek or V-Tank earn a call up if needed. I personally would bring back Wolski and see if he can get it together, he has so much talent and has shown streaks of putting it together, I'd like for him to get another year.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Vinny Prospal ($1.500m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Carl Hagelin ($0.662m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.250m) / Brian Boyle ($1.850m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael Sauer ($1.250m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.000m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUT CAP HIT
Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,266,667; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,850,000

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:27 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Sullivan-Stepan-Callahan
Grachev/Zucarrello-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Weise-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
Valentenko-Markov/Babchuk
McDonagh-Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

Can someone please capgeek this? Thanks.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:32 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Just for fun, here is what I would do assuming the cap goes up to 61,500,000 million which is fairly realistic. Buyout Drury and tell Boogard to retire due to concussion situation or tell him he will be in Hartford with Redden. I'd sign Richards for a 5 year deal front loaded with a cap hit of 7 million dollars, no trade clause but does not come with a NMC. I would resign Prospal (1 year 1.5 million), Feds (1 year 1.25 million), Dubi, Cally, Anisimov, Boyle (2 year deal 1.85 million per year), Sauer, Gilroy (1 year for 1 million) and Eminger (1 year 1 million). I know Sather will go make one stupid signing probably an enforcer, but I would love to keep this team together and add Richards and Hagelin. Start MDZ in hartford and let him get a lot of time, he will be first player called up if needed and maybe Kundratek or V-Tank earn a call up if needed. I personally would bring back Wolski and see if he can get it together, he has so much talent and has shown streaks of putting it together, I'd like for him to get another year.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Vinny Prospal ($1.500m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Carl Hagelin ($0.662m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.250m) / Brian Boyle ($1.850m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Michael Sauer ($1.250m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.000m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUT CAP HIT
Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,266,667; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,850,000
Cap is supposedly going up to $62.5m, so you have a bit more room, and I think Prospal, Fedotenko, and Sauer might get slightly more money. I also would pencil in MZA before Hagelin.

Overall though:

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Cap is supposedly going up to $62.5m, so you have a bit more room, and I think Prospal, Fedotenko, and Sauer might get slightly more money. I also would pencil in MZA before Hagelin.

Overall though:

I had heard the cap was going up to 62 million max, if it goes up to 62.5 that would be great but I tried to keep it below 62 just to show it was possible to get Richards. I agree Prospal and especially Fedotenko could get more money, but I feel they want to be here and may take less money to be here, especially Vinny. Sauer made 500,000 this year, how much more you think he can get? I have Hagelin over MZA as he is more of a 3rd line player who can score as opposed to a skilled player like MZA who really needs top 6 minutes to make a difference, but I could be wrong.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I had heard the cap was going up to 62 million max, if it goes up to 62.5 that would be great but I tried to keep it below 62 just to show it was possible to get Richards. I agree Prospal and especially Fedotenko could get more money, but I feel they want to be here and may take less money to be here, especially Vinny. Sauer made 500,000 this year, how much more you think he can get? I have Hagelin over MZA as he is more of a 3rd line player who can score as opposed to a skilled player like MZA who really needs top 6 minutes to make a difference, but I could be wrong.
Can't find Brooks' original article, but here's a link reporting on it. $62.2 was the actual number, apparently.

Quote:
A report from Larry Brooks of the NY Post in which he heard the NHLPA told agents that the players plan on voting to raise the aforementioned $59.4 salary cap for the 2010-2011 to $62.2 million for the 2011-2012 season.
http://www.pointspread.com/news/nhl/...ight-rise.html

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Can't find Brooks' original article, but here's a link reporting on it. $62.2 was the actual number, apparently.

http://www.pointspread.com/news/nhl/...ight-rise.html
Hey I was close! 62.2 sounds like a great number to me.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

I know most people will disagree with me but I still think Del Zotto has a spot unless he loses it. Torts knows our offense needs help and our PP is atrocious. Del Zotto is the one D-man in the system with the skillset to fix those needs. If he can be even somewhat competent defensively, which I think he can, he definitely has a spot on this team.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
I know most people will disagree with me but I still think Del Zotto has a spot unless he loses it. Torts knows our offense needs help and our PP is atrocious. Del Zotto is the one D-man in the system with the skillset to fix those needs. If he can be even somewhat competent defensively, which I think he can, he definitely has a spot on this team.
My problem isn't with him defensively as much as he provides nothing offensively as he has become a turnover machine making terrible outlet passes, losing the puck while skating in the neutral zone on the regular, and he refuses to shoot the puck always looking pass on the PP. If he does shoot for some reason he shoots high and misses the net, which rarely leads to deflections or rebounds to score off of, it's the simple things he doesn't do. He really learned a bit too well from Rozy. You are more than welcome to your opinion, but he really has to play quite well to earn a spot in camp IMO. If we bring Richards here to run the PP, I say there is very little chance MDZ is not in Hartford opening day. We will see, I hope he proves me wrong, I am not giving up on the kid but he needs a lot of work and to get his confidence back.

Old
04-24-2011, 10:39 PM
ecemleafs

Gaborik Richards Perry
Dubi Anisimov Callahan
Kreider Stepan Thomas
Prust Boyle Feds

Staal Burns
McD Girardi
Del Z Sauer

Henke
Biron

get it done

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

One caveat to the Brooks story from two weeks ago. He wrote the $62.2M upper limit could increase based on playoff revenue. Chicago-Vancouver and Buffalo-Philadelphia are going to game 7. Boston-Montreal,Pittsburgh-TB and SJ-LA could go to game 7's if the home teams win game 6.

Quote:
The NHLPA has told agents that the union projects a salary cap of approximately $62.2 million next season if the players vote to trigger the 5-percent escalator, Slap Shots has learned.

That represents an increase of $2.8 million from the current $59.4 million cap, or approximately 4.7 percent. This means that, 1) the NHL's "record" revenues have not increased by the 5 percent the players voted to bump the cap for this season; and, 2) the cap would remain flat or even decrease slightly for the first time if the players opt not to adopt the inflator for next season.

This is a preliminary number recently given to the agents in the union's "marketplace" assessment that could change slightly depending upon the revenue generated in the playoffs. Just as an example, there would be significantly less revenue generated by the Hurricanes than by the Rangers, assuming an equal number of postseason home games.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...xNgZjPtHhkNFFI

Brooks is a PA guy

Dave Shoalts of the Globe and Mail is a NHL guy. He has more NHL sources than NHLPA sources

He wrote last month that the cap would increase to the $63M range

Quote:
Leafs general manager Brian Burke may have as much as $25-million (all currency U.S.) to spend if the salary cap gets to $63-million or so and Tuesday night’s win over the Sabres provided the latest evidence where the spending priorities lie.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1962507/

Go Kings,TB and Habs.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
CH2

Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Fedotenko-Stepan-Erik Cole
Avery-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Del Zotto-Valentenko
Gilroy

Lundvist
Biron

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Gaborik Richards Perry
Dubi Anisimov Callahan
Kreider Stepan Thomas
Prust Boyle Feds

Staal Burns
McD Girardi
Del Z Sauer

Henke
Biron

get it done
...and just how do we land those players?

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I'm very confused as to why some of you want to trade Derek Stepan...

20 years old...a rookie...is fourth on the team in scoring...scores 20 goals, including 3 powerplay goals and 3 GWG...had the second highest shooting percentage on the team among guys who played over 65 games...AND he was +8...

am I missing something?

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 12:04 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
...and just how do we land those players?
He got them for Redden, Drury, Christensen, Prospal and Frolov in NHL 11...that should work in real life, right?

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:19 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

our lineup will probably look like

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Ideally, Sather is able to get us a LW who can play with Richards-Gaborik, and both thrive as well as make that line go. Prospal could be that player. Maybe Richards is the type of player Wolski needs to get going? Or maybe there is someone on the market to be had. Hagelin could make a case in camp but unless we open a spot via trade, he may be the odd man out. A season in Hartford could do him a lot of good though. Get him used to the 80 game schedule so he isn't gassed like Stepan seemed to be by seasons end. In any case, I think most of us would like to improve Wolski in the lineup but outside of sending him to Hartford, what real options do we have? Outside of him scoring 20 points in the preseason, I don't see how any teams would take a chance on him with his cap hit. Feds Boyler Prust just seems like a great 4th line to have in this league. The biggest question mark would be 1st line LW (can Prospal or whoever they get do it?) and the 3rd line.

On D

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McD
Valentenko-Pitkanen

hopefully Staal can make some strides in his offensive and transition games and make one of the leagues top shut down tandems one of the leagues top tandems period. Girardi also has it in him to reach 40 points next season. Upper 30s at least. I think giving MDZ a pressure free season in the A to develop will do him a lot of good. Let him shore up his defense, gain confidence in his offense, and find the right balance between the two. There was a write up on the AHL website about Valentenko recently - he's a shot blocking machine whose game was compared to Volchenkov's. Really hope he can be another rookie anchor. Pitkanen would give up some needed passing and mobility from the back end.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
our lineup will probably look like

Prospal-Richards-Gaborik
Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Ideally, Sather is able to get us a LW who can play with Richards-Gaborik, and both thrive as well as make that line go. Prospal could be that player. Maybe Richards is the type of player Wolski needs to get going? Or maybe there is someone on the market to be had. Hagelin could make a case in camp but unless we open a spot via trade, he may be the odd man out. A season in Hartford could do him a lot of good though. Get him used to the 80 game schedule so he isn't gassed like Stepan seemed to be by seasons end. In any case, I think most of us would like to improve Wolski in the lineup but outside of sending him to Hartford, what real options do we have? Outside of him scoring 20 points in the preseason, I don't see how any teams would take a chance on him with his cap hit. Feds Boyler Prust just seems like a great 4th line to have in this league. The biggest question mark would be 1st line LW (can Prospal or whoever they get do it?) and the 3rd line.

On D

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McD
Valentenko-Pitkanen

hopefully Staal can make some strides in his offensive and transition games and make one of the leagues top shut down tandems one of the leagues top tandems period. Girardi also has it in him to reach 40 points next season. Upper 30s at least. I think giving MDZ a pressure free season in the A to develop will do him a lot of good. Let him shore up his defense, gain confidence in his offense, and find the right balance between the two. There was a write up on the AHL website about Valentenko recently - he's a shot blocking machine whose game was compared to Volchenkov's. Really hope he can be another rookie anchor. Pitkanen would give up some needed passing and mobility from the back end.
There is no way we can sign both Richards AND Pitkanen.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
There is no way we can sign both Richards AND Pitkanen.
There is actually. and it will not happen, because it means both Drury & Boogaard would retire(>5% imo) but here is one way it could in theory work:

FORWARDS
Vinny Prospal ($1.500m) / Brad Richards ($6.900m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($3.900m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.800m) / Ryan Callahan ($3.900m)
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.200m) / Brian Boyle ($1.800m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ Sean Avery ($1.937m) ??

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.400m)
Vtank ($0.700m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m)
Matt Gilroy ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,612,500; BONUSES: $1,275,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $587,500

I doubt MZA makes the entire bonus amount.
Like I said - not happening but could fit... even with a 22 man troup

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:59 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

I like a lot of what I'm seeing here. Obviously re-sign all of our RFA's, then look to upgrade. Richards at #1 C, MDZ back on the blueline, and Hagelin somewhere in out bottom 6.

Also, I look to get another top-line winger to complement Richards/Gabby. In UFA, I would look at Gagne, Tanguay, Leino, or maybe Cole. I think all of them could be great complementary players to that line.

Also, I would love to see a line of Prust-Boyle-Torres if Feds leaves.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
1. Boyle is not skilled
2. Boyle does not have vision
3. Boyle cannot keep up with Gaborik
4. Gaborik would go to europe if he was put with Boyle, not that it would be a such a bad thing haha.
5. It does not matter how big u are, hes not i.e Perry so he will not create space for him. If anything Prust creates the most space on the ice for guys than any Ranger, wait Boyle happened to play with Prust.
1- I wouldn't say he is not skilled, he has shown moments of skill here and there. Certainly not skilled enough for first line duties.
2- Agreed.
3- Most likely yes.
4- That would suck.

I love Boyle as most of us do, and that is on the fourth line. He stays down there and I say he puts up 15-20 goals again. If he is our first line center...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
I'm very confused as to why some of you want to trade Derek Stepan...

20 years old...a rookie...is fourth on the team in scoring...scores 20 goals, including 3 powerplay goals and 3 GWG...had the second highest shooting percentage on the team among guys who played over 65 games...AND he was +8...

am I missing something?
Clearly we are missing the same thing.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
LyNX27

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Wolski/Fedetenko- Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin/Zuccarello - Stepan - Fedetenko/Wolski
Prust - Boyle - Avery

Staal - Girardi
Sauer - MDZ/McD
Gilroy/V-Tank/Eminger

Next year will be another year learning and growth, but Ranger faithful... We are almost there.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I dont understand why everyone wants to seperate the pack line and put dubinsky on a line with Richards and Gaborik..

The pack line was our best line all season long, and if they had a #1 line in front of them, they would have done even MORE damage during the regular season. Leave the pack line as is. If you cant trade Wolski with some picks to get another 1st round pick or a top line LW, then you try him on the wing with Richards and Gaborik. He has the elite skill and speed to play with them. This is where you really challenge him and see if he clicks for this team.

Wolski Richards Gaborik
Dubi Anisimov Cally
Hagelin Stepan Zucca/Avery
Feds Boyle Prust

Staal MDZ
Girardi Mcdonagh
Sauer V-Tank/Gilroy/FA

Lundqvist
Biron

With the defensive pairings switched up alittle, it allows us to play all 3 pairs evenly, along with getting good solid defense and having offense on the backend. If we play a team with say crosby or ovechkin then you can go back to putting Staal with Girardi. This is my take.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I dont understand why everyone wants to seperate the pack line and put dubinsky on a line with Richards and Gaborik..

The pack line was our best line all season long, and if they had a #1 line in front of them, they would have done even MORE damage during the regular season. Leave the pack line as is. If you cant trade Wolski with some picks to get another 1st round pick or a top line LW, then you try him on the wing with Richards and Gaborik. He has the elite skill and speed to play with them. This is where you really challenge him and see if he clicks for this team.

Wolski Richards Gaborik
Dubi Anisimov Cally
Hagelin Stepan Zucca/Avery
Feds Boyle Prust

Staal MDZ
Girardi Mcdonagh
Sauer V-Tank/Gilroy/FA

Lundqvist
Biron

With the defensive pairings switched up alittle, it allows us to play all 3 pairs evenly, along with getting good solid defense and having offense on the backend. If we play a team with say crosby or ovechkin then you can go back to putting Staal with Girardi. This is my take.
Left D - Staal, McD, MDZ, VTank
Right D - Girardi, Sauer, Gilroy

Just saying...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote