HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

vCash: 500
2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the red bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER

Last edited by Jonesey: 05-08-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It's an odd feeling to be done with a playoff series and be on the winning side, waiting for others to finish out their series so we know who we face.

It's odd, but I like it!

Old
04-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

that's all for tonight, let's go Preds!

Old
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It's an odd feeling to be done with a playoff series and be on the winning side, waiting for others to finish out their series so we know who we face.

It's odd, but I like it!
exactly what i said to my dad and bro

Old
04-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Firestorm

To be honest, I was expecting more injuries for us when we were playing the Ducks. Glad to be wrong.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'll repeat what I said before round 1:

Anyone but the Red Wings.

Regular season series means jack. Zetterberg is coming back, Datsyuk has found his usual "next level," and Kronwall and Bertuzzi are as dirty as anyone the Ducks have. They also have four lines that can score, unlike the Ducks.

I wish we could play the Sharks in some way, actually, given their vulnerable goaltending, but I'd settle for the Canucks. Kings and home ice would be great, but I can't see it happening.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

Regular season series means jack. Zetterberg is coming back, Datsyuk has found his usual "next level," and Kronwall and Bertuzzi are as dirty as anyone the Ducks have. They also have four lines that can score, unlike the Ducks.

I wish we could play the Sharks in some way, actually, given their vulnerable goaltending, but I'd settle for the Canucks. Kings and home ice would be great, but I can't see it happening.
Not to mention the Wings are getting pretty good goaltending at the moment. Almost wonder if a somewhat "wounded" Vancouver team might not be a good draw.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Legionnaire11

Whoever it is, get ready for the intensity to shoot up a few notches. As great as winning a round was, it will be a distant memory by the time round 2 is ending. The next opponent becomes the story of these playoffs, lose here and it will still sting just as much despite the good vibes that are floating around now. Nobody remembers the runner-up, let alone the teams who lost in the second round.

Preds need to carry this momentum, hopefully Rinne takes these few days off to get focused again and the others can rest up the smaller bumps and bruises. The team is in a good spot right now with the momentum and as healthy as they've ever been in the playoffs. With the Canucks getting shocked they way they are right now they could be very vulnerable if they take game 7, either way they seem to be a better draw than the Wings right now who are on fire and will be well rested.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Regular season does mean jack. With that said, we had the Wings number this year, and I think we can glean some things from the series if we face them. 4-1-1 is pretty remarkable.

Take the Anaheim regular season series - We scored 4 goals in every game. Anaheim dominated us on the PP. Rinne only stood out in one game. ES we carried the play. Teemu was our kryptonite. All of these things played out almost in identical fashion in the playoff series. 3 goals or more in every game, 4 goals in four of the games, an average Rinne, dominated on the PP, Selanne with 6 goals....I think you see where I am going here .

We can take the Hawks. I give us even odds. Ditto the Wings and Canucks. The only team that had our number in the regular season were the Kings (1-3), but they are now Kopitar-less.....I think we won the season series against the Sharks, but I would pass a rematch with them gladly .

EDIT: Our record against the Western Conference playoff team (had to go find where I posted this earlier)

Preds against the Canucks: 2-2
Preds against the Sharks: 2-0-2
Preds against the Red Wings: 4-1-1
Preds against the Ducks: 3-1
Preds against the Coyotes: 2-2
Preds against the Kings: 1-3 (ugh)
Preds against the Blackhawks: 3-3

Last edited by Enoch: 04-25-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old
04-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Jarnberg

Anyone we face is going to be tough.

It will be interesting to see how our team adjusts to not being able to score so easily on their next opponent (due to Anaheim's awful defense and goaltending).

Old
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Firestorm

Quote:

Agreed, anyone but the Red Wings.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Regular season does mean jack. With that said, we had the Wings number this year, and I think we can glean some things from the series if we face them. 4-1-1 is pretty remarkable.

Take the Anaheim regular season series - We scored 4 goals in every game. Anaheim dominated us on the PP. Rinne only stood out in one game. ES we carried the play. Teemu was our kryptonite. All of these things played out almost in identical fashion in the playoff series. 3 goals or more in every game, 4 goals in four of the games, an average Rinne, dominated on the PP, Selanne with 6 goals....I think you see where I am going here .

We can take the Hawks. I give us even odds. Ditto the Wings and Canucks. The only team that had our number in the regular season were the Kings (1-3), but they are now Kopitar-less.....I think we won the season series against the Sharks, but I would pass a rematch with them gladly .

EDIT: Our record against the Western Conference playoff team (had to go find where I posted this earlier)

Preds against the Canucks: 2-2
Preds against the Sharks: 2-0-2
Preds against the Red Wings: 4-1-1
Preds against the Ducks: 3-1
Preds against the Coyotes: 2-2
Preds against the Kings: 1-3 (ugh)
Preds against the Blackhawks: 3-3

Its the playoffs... throw that record out and start anew!! We take on all comers and give them our best!!

I still suspect we'll see Vancouver personally and see them as beatable in their current state. Just hope Chicago can beat on them a bit more in Game 7 and let them limp into Round 2...

I'd personally like Detroit because its not late night hockey w/ 5 AM wake ups!!! Also IF we are so blessed and going to go to the Conference Finals, we need to exorcise the ghost of season's past and send the Wings golfing...

But I would hate to think of seeing the Hawks take down VAN because they have '91 Stars written all over them to me as a streaky team that is absolutely peaking right now. These jokers are VERY scary to me right now.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Anyone have an inside into getting 5-8 playoff tickets? Looking at game 3. Send me a pm.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
If I could choose our opponent I would pick the Wings.

Not because I think they would be easier to beat.

Nobody is going to be easy to beat at this stage.

the reason I want the Wings is because now that we have won a series, the next really "big" milestone in this franchise's progression is to beat THEM in the playoffs.

Little brother never gets his props until he finally knocks big brother on his butt.

not saying winning the next round against anyone wouldnt be fantastic, but until we knock the Wings off in the playoffs, we wont have something tangible to tell the arrogant Wing fans to shove up their hindparts

(and I know not all Wings fans are arrogant and deserve rhetorical enemas... but for those who do... I want some ammo)

Old
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
AEM6729

So, I didn't post this earlier b/c I didn't wanna jinx us, but last week I had the most random dream that Ovechkin was trying to hook up with me.

Obviously this means we are going to the finals and playing the Caps. Which would also be in keeping with the fact that for the past 3 or 4 years one of the teams that has played in the Winter Classic has gone to the finals...and lost.

Just sayin. I'll be sure to let y'all know if Ovechkin or any more Capitals appear in my dreams in the coming weeks, ha!

Old
04-25-2011, 02:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If I could choose our opponent I would pick the Wings.

Not because I think they would be easier to beat.

Nobody is going to be easy to beat at this stage.

the reason I want the Wings is because now that we have won a series, the next really "big" milestone in this franchise's progression is to beat THEM in the playoffs.

Little brother never gets his props until he finally knocks big brother on his butt.

not saying winning the next round against anyone wouldnt be fantastic, but until we knock the Wings off in the playoffs, we wont have something tangible to tell the arrogant Wing fans to shove up their hindparts

(and I know not all Wings fans are arrogant and deserve rhetorical enemas... but for those who do... I want some ammo)
Another reason I don't want to play the Wings:

It was REALLY nice not having to deal with an overwhelming number of opposing fans in our building, this go round. Part of why I think the Bridge (wow, I almost typed the GEC, haven't done that in a while) was so rocking was that it was a TRULY unified building. Not 14,000 Preds fans and 3000+ Red Wings or Chicago fans. I really can't stand that.

Old
04-25-2011, 03:12 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

We need to create a really hostile environment for the second round. Not that the noise isn't great for motivating the troops, but the other team needs to be really uncomfortable in our building. Get 303 leadership to print off some sheets with all the chants on them for the adjacent sections and get people involved. Dig some of the older chants out of the archives, maybe. They're the closest thing we have to a soccer-style supporter's section, and they need to be out in full force in this upcoming series.

Old
04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I would relish nothing more than to knock out the Red Wings, but I agree with those who said they really wouldn't want to play them. They played well in round 1 and they have been sitting at home resting for a while. I can't wait to find out who we play. Its weird having tickets that don't have a team or date on them.

Old
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
hungryhungryhippy

Congrats guys. I'm a big fan of the Preds, I love the way you guys play and how you manage to be so competitive every year without the same resources other teams have. A real heart and soul team. Glad to see the underdogs finally get what they deserve.

Old
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Still can't believe we will play our first ever game in May this season..

Old
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Another reason I don't want to play the Wings:

It was REALLY nice not having to deal with an overwhelming number of opposing fans in our building, this go round. Part of why I think the Bridge (wow, I almost typed the GEC, haven't done that in a while) was so rocking was that it was a TRULY unified building. Not 14,000 Preds fans and 3000+ Red Wings or Chicago fans. I really can't stand that.
im thinking the vast majority of our tickets will be sold before we know who our opponent is which should minimize the number of opposition fans in attendance.

I'd be shocked if more than a few scattered hundred Wings fans get tix if indeed we do play them

aand even if they do get in in large numbers... so what... would make the win even sweeter.... and by contrast their absence wouldnt make a loss any less painful...

Old
04-25-2011, 05:16 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
So, I didn't post this earlier b/c I didn't wanna jinx us, but last week I had the most random dream that Ovechkin was trying to hook up with me.
I'm just hoping you're female.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

San Jose will win in 6, Hawks will win in 7. We get Detroit.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:01 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I'm just hoping you're female.
Haha yes. It was disturbing enough (Ovechkin is pretty ugly), but if I was a dude that would just cross the line.

Closed Thread