HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7: Senators defeat Monarchs 6-5 in OT; Senators win series 4-3

Old
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
kkempy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The Monarchs are the San Jose Sharks of AHL. They never seem to get past the 1st or 2nd round.
Not entirely true. Been in the playoffs 9 out of 10 years. Knocked out in the first round 7 times and the third round twice!

Final result was pretty much what I expected but was hoping for much better. This team could not win many OT or shootout games in the regular season and they continued the trend in the playoffs. Only 1:45 from winning the series and they give up a goal and go on to lose in OT, very disappointing.
Moller would have been a huge help. Unfortunately Schenn wasn't. Didn't impress anyone in the games in Manchester. We were expecting much more from him after what we saw earlier in the season!
The Sens proved what a huge difference a veteran presence gives a team, same as Hershey did in the two years we made it to the third round. The Kings do not believe in signing veterans and we will never get anywhere as long as it stays that way

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
Not entirely true. Been in the playoffs 9 out of 10 years. Knocked out in the first round 7 times and the third round twice!

Final result was pretty much what I expected but was hoping for much better. This team could not win many OT or shootout games in the regular season and they continued the trend in the playoffs. Only 1:45 from winning the series and they give up a goal and go on to lose in OT, very disappointing.
Moller would have been a huge help. Unfortunately Schenn wasn't. Didn't impress anyone in the games in Manchester. We were expecting much more from him after what we saw earlier in the season!
The Sens proved what a huge difference a veteran presence gives a team, same as Hershey did in the two years we made it to the third round. The Kings do not believe in signing veterans and we will never get anywhere as long as it stays that way
I agree 100% - we are usually one of the youngest teams in the AHL year after year so we never have that veteran leadership that other teams have.

Wooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 06:31 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post

You hit it right on the head with the post.

One veteran (Zeiler) on the team will never do it....it would have been nice to have someone besides Z.

And go figure, this is the year that Hershey gets knocked out of the playoffs in round 1, oh what could have been.

Last edited by TKFAN: 04-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Johnny Utah

I think people are jumping ahead of themselves if they think Schenn is going to play on the Kings next season. He might need a full year in the AHL. Loktionov has the inside track on Handzus' spot IMO.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
no name

Quote:
I think people are jumping ahead of themselves if they think Schenn is going to play on the Kings next season. He might need a full year in the AHL. Loktionov has the inside track on Handzus' spot IMO.
That might be a bit of an overreaction

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Kingsfan1

I too believe Loktionov is ahead of Schenn but with his injury im not so sure anymore

Either Way i can't wait to see them make the team. Next year we will only get better but im still not done believing in this year

LETS GO KINGS

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Is it me, or does it seem Manchester is always being upset or blowing series leads?

Oh, and Schenn plz

I dont think they had much history at blowing leads in playoff series. Now losing to inferior teams that is another matter. I went to game 6 and I was confident that they were going to find a way to win. they must of had 2 dozen quality scoring chances and couldnt finish. Lehner had one incredible save in OT on a 2 and 1 other then there was alot of failing in burying their chances.
They controlled the game even tho it was 1-0 for the first 40 minutes then they came out and played not to lose. They were fortunate they didnt lose in regulation the way they played the 3rd. Bud Holloways penalty shot attempt was weak as hell. right into the crest of Lehner. I had a bad feeling we were doomed after that.
I didnt go to game 7 because I had prior family obligations but I am glad I didnt. I was sick to my stomach when I saw they lost the way they did.
We have been harping on having a veteran in Manchester for awhile now. I think Krog was a UFA last summer. UNH kid, he would of helped.
Schenn was a ******* ghost the last 2 games. Would of been nice if he decided to show up in the final 2 games.
Watching the goaltending in this playoffs for the most part appreciate just how fun it was to have Bernier around. If only he got this kind of goal support last year.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 04-25-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: typo
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:35 PM
GR81

Quote:
Quote:
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if both Schenn and Loktionov start the year in Manchester especially with the emergence of Richie who IMHO will slot into our 3C for next year. I could see a mid-season call up if Richies' play declines or in an case of injury.

BTW... Could you imagine the 1-2 punch down the middle with Schenn and Lokti suiting up for the Narchs.

GR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
BTW... Could you imagine the 1-2 punch down the middle with Schenn and Lokti suiting up for the Narchs.
Imagine more. Schenn, Lokti, Linden Vey and Maksim Kitsyn (hopefully) suiting up for the Narchs... .

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:34 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Imagine more. Schenn, Lokti, Linden Vey and Maksim Kitsyn (hopefully) suiting up for the Narchs... .
Sounds good to me

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Not having a vet has long been a concern of mine. I don't understand what harm an AHL vet could do to the kids? The Kings want them to win butts evident they can't do it on their own.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 07:47 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Is it me, or does it seem Manchester is always being upset or blowing series leads?

no, it's not just you. i generally think that the coaching staff does a good job here, but there's a persistent tendency to sit on a lead, playing not to lose instead of playing to win. there's no killer instinct, no sense of urgency as time winds down in the 3d period. unless they're way ahead, they play too tentatively.

and i'm not sure whether or not that's a "system" issue or a coaching issue.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:05 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Not having a vet has long been a concern of mine. I don't understand what harm an AHL vet could do to the kids? The Kings want them to win butts evident they can't do it on their own.
For years the Monarchs faithful have been saying that the Monarchs need some veterans, at least a few of them. Appears as though Lombardi doesn't agree with the Monarchs faithful.

Now on to Kings hockey. GO KINGS GO!!!!!

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote