HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Win! Hawks Win! Game 7! 4-3 F/OT!

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2011, 11:38 PM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Didn't the NHL say hit behind net = Not protected area?

Bickell hit was almost like Torres except Bieksa actually had puck and Bickell was looking to seperate him from puck
Exactly.

I'll NEVER understand the ruling on Torres when Seabrook did not have the puck, but the explanation we heard then, seems to fit this hit to perfection.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Al Secord Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingo View Post
You know, a lot of us have put up with some terrible hockey over the years. Remember the A-B-C line?

Makes all the pain and suffering and stress and late nights and dread and disappointment worth it for nights like this.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
Anytime you have to name a line with Arnason, Bell and Calder you know you're in trouble.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

the hawks played so bad in the 3rd and OT, I really hope they have their heads on straight for game 7

Old
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

So proud of this team

Old
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
sedag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Didn't the NHL say hit behind net = Not protected area?

Bickell hit was almost like Torres except Bieksa actually had puck and Bickell was looking to seperate him from puck
You are correct. Colin Campbell said that Rule 48.1 - "A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principle point of contact is not permitted." - is essentially thrown out if the hit is behind the net. Does "behind the net" mean directly behind the net or anywhere in the trapezoid? I don't know.

Old
04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

I love how canucks fans are blaming the refs. Really? Are they for serious? What game did they watch??

Their goaltenders **** the bed and their forwards fail to capitalize on owning the zone for 2 periods, and they blame the refs?

the 3rd period was like one big PP for them considering their puck possession

and what calls are they thinking the refs didnt call? the refs were fine IMO

Old
04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian View Post
So proud of this team
+ 1 billion

Old
04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
I love how canucks fans are blaming the refs. Really? Are they for serious? What game did they watch??

Their goaltenders **** the bed and their forwards fail to capitalize on owning the zone for 2 periods, and they blame the refs?

the 3rd period was like one big PP for them considering their puck possession

and what calls are they thinking the refs didnt call? the refs were fine IMO
I saw one of them complaining on their forum that Dave Bolland didn't follow proper protocol for players returning from concussions. LOL!

Old
04-25-2011, 12:03 AM
canucks95

Although I am too devastated to even put into words, This is what playoffs is all about, two teams just hating eachother, such a beautiful thing, we played a great hockey game tonight but unfortunately couldn't pull it out

Congrats guys, your team really showed what your capable of and it was quite the site to behold, that being said, everything is thrown out the door for game 7, and it's going to be a hell of a game.

Enjoy the game boys, it's been quite the series!

Old
04-25-2011, 12:08 AM
CerebralGenesis

lol u mad

Old
04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
lol u mad
oh, he mad.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:15 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
just going this far is amazing

you guys are the 8th team to ever do it.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:18 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad

Old
04-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Great game, huge win...

We need to play better next game if we want to win. We basically only got production from one line. Hossa was great on the last shift, but outside of that had a pretty bad game, he couldn't catch a pass to save his life and was not "noticeable" on the ice. That whole line was pretty unimpressive. If Bolland's line gets the sisters and Toews' line gets Kesler's then that Sharp-Hossa line should be scoring against the Malhotraless 3rd line of Vancouver.

Frolik was a man possessed, great game even if you don't include the PS goal.

Since Bolland came back the Sisters combined have 2 goals, 1 assist and are -13 (Bolland: 2 goals, 4 assists, +6).

We have to have the worst 5-on-3 PP in the NHL. I can't even count how many 1:30+ opportunities we've had this year and have not scored. Get Sharp and Keith to play their off sides, pass it back and forth and take some one-timers like everyone else.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Are people really taking out the Canucks' struggles on Vince Vaughan? Really?

Old
04-25-2011, 12:32 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Great game, huge win...

We need to play better next game if we want to win. We basically only got production from one line. Hossa was great on the last shift, but outside of that had a pretty bad game, he couldn't catch a pass to save his life and was not "noticeable" on the ice. That whole line was pretty unimpressive. If Bolland's line gets the sisters and Toews' line gets Kesler's then that Sharp-Hossa line should be scoring against the Malhotraless 3rd line of Vancouver.

Frolik was a man possessed, great game even if you don't include the PS goal.

Since Bolland came back the Sisters combined have 2 goals, 1 assist and are -13 (Bolland: 2 goals, 4 assists, +6).

We have to have the worst 5-on-3 PP in the NHL. I can't even count how many 1:30+ opportunities we've had this year and have not scored. Get Sharp and Keith to play their off sides, pass it back and forth and take some one-timers like everyone else.
Our PP is just bad in general. The only thing they ever actively try to do is that weakside pass. Everyone needs to shoot more when the lane is open and go hard for rebounds. Howd they win the game today? REBOUND.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:35 AM
vt89*

well that was a hell of a game.

Congratulations on beating us, again. I have no faith left for game 7. I don't there's a chance the Canucks win.

Old
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
IJReilly

Amazing game. So much adrenaline coursing through me right now...I'll never get to sleep. Freaking awesome...so glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

This team really exceeded all my expectations in this series, regardless of what happens in game 7. Very proud of those guys. I questioned their heart all season long, but now, when their backs are up against the wall, we're seeing what they're really made of. I just hope it's not too late. Vancouver is still a heckuva team. They piled it on tonight and I feel fortunate to come out with the win. Have to execute better next time and take full advantage of the chances we do get. Game 7 is a complete toss-up IMO...but considering where we came from is anyone unhappy with those odds?

Old
04-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Our PP is just bad in general. The only thing they ever actively try to do is that weakside pass. Everyone needs to shoot more when the lane is open and go hard for rebounds. Howd they win the game today? REBOUND.
I don't know about "bad in general." (I was just talking 5-on-3) Our PP was 4th in the NHL this season, and our PP% in the playoffs so far this year has been decent to good. It wasn't good tonight, and in the playoffs a net presence is more important than the regular season, so you probably have something there.

Last edited by Hawkey Town 18: 04-25-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I just can't not burst out laughing every single time I've seen that. Simply brilliant.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:00 AM
sedag

I've been watching the comcast replay and the 5 on 3 is just starting. Getting sick and tired of the Captain's worthless little "office" on the goal line. Teams have figured out the pass across the crease/slot, he should get up ice a bit and shoot, pass it to Kane at mid-circle who can snipe from that position or just get the puck to the point where it might do some good with him dedicated to screening the goalie, a la Zetterberg.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:03 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I don't know about bad "in general." (I was just talking 5-on-3) Our PP was 4th in the NHL this season, and our PP% in the playoffs so far this year has been decent to good. It wasn't good tonight, and in the playoffs a net presence is more important than the regular season, so you probably have something there.
Yea, OVERALL the PP looks fine, but if you look at when they actually score PP goals, its been puzzling. At times when they could REALLY use a goal on the PP(first two games and tonight) It doesn't really show up. And look at the difference in the PP between tonight and games 4 and 5. In games 4 and 5, the pointmen did a better job of creating space and finding the open areas and also didn't hesitate to pull the trigger when a lane opened up. Now, the pointmen look like they're out there for show and all they do is try to work the puck deep for that backdoor play that they telegraph all the way. I thought keith was underwhelming in the offensive zone tonight. He looked great in games 4 and 5 when he was putting the puck on the net, tried to get too cute tonight IMO.

Old
04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
I've been watching the comcast replay and the 5 on 3 is just starting. Getting sick and tired of the Captain's worthless little "office" on the goal line. Teams have figured out the pass across the crease/slot, he should get up ice a bit and shoot, pass it to Kane at mid-circle who can snipe from that position or just get the puck to the point where it might do some good with him dedicated to screening the goalie, a la Zetterberg.
Agree, it should be Toews and whoever else in front, Sharp and Keith at the point on their off sides so they can pass back and forth for one timers, and Kane somewhere in the right circle as another option to pass to or to rotate (bring Sharp lower and Keith more in the middle)

Old
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
Yea, it'd also be nice if on the rare occasion he actually shoots, he would elevate the puck. Worked well for the whole team in games 4 and 5, but all he like to do is try to go 5 hole it seems like.

Old
Panzerspitze

cferenzi‎ RT @The1Tab: so do the #Blackhawks have to declare owning Luongo when they go thru customs tomorrow?

Closed Thread