HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

WCQF: Game 7 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 26th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

vCash: 500
So much drama. So much intrigue. So many nerves.

All in the first round.

This is ridiculous!

I wish I could get jacked up for tomorrow's game because there is seriously nothing more awesome than a game 7 in the NHL playoffs. But I can't. Maybe by the time the puck drops I'll be able to get excited, but right now, I am too aloof.

Just win. We can do this. It's only the first round for crying out loud! WIN!!!

Old
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Reign Nateo

Obviously a defining moment in Canucks' history. If they lose this I will likely take a break from NHL hockey. I don't think you could script a bigger kick in the groin for Canucks fans.

What is scary is that Chicago seems to be getting every break possible. Just their destiny to crush our spirits. Refs have not been helping our cause, but there were no calls through the second half of that game, Canucks need to perservere.

Crazy thing with that game is I actually thought the Canucks out-played Chicago. The Hawks just got bounces and calls when needed. Other than the gaffes, which bounced Chicago's way, the Canucks didn't give them much. And they controlled over-time only to see Luongo over-play the only shot he really got.

BUT, they're going to win. I've been a Canucks fan since 1982 and it's not about to change. **** the Hawks, **** Luongo's mental fragility. We're at home, and they will do what they need to do. Hawks have been more than lucky all series. No more excuses. Fight for the pucks like you want them. If there is any pride in this team, they'll snuff out the Hawks in game 7. They are the better team and at home. If they fall apart again, there will be changes and we move on.

If you want to see a happy-riot and not a mad-riot, win the game.

Go Canucks go.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Game 6 was like a warmup for my nerves/heart and I almost didn't pull through. Have no idea how edgy I'm going to be for this one.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
PRNuck

Hahaha "happy riot". I wonder if downtown business owners have insurance for that?

Old
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Kagee*

Schneider's weakness because of the lack of playing was handling the puck, however he MADE THE STOPS when necessary.

I have no ideal on who to start on Tuesday, this is why Alain Vigneault is getting paid to make these decisions.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post

If you want to see a happy-riot and not a mad-riot, win the game.

Go Canucks go.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
petrishriekandgo

This is Luongo's time... many great players (Yzerman, Manning, Nadal, Elway etc...) have faced these moments and grabbed the chance to define themselves. Others (Marino, Kelly, Norman) have failed and have forever been seen as losers.

He's been one of the best, if not the best regular season goalie in the world throughout his career... now he needs to make it happen against his most feared/problematic opponent.

The good news, the Canucks have found their game again and all he needs to do is make that critical save and control his rebounds. Be your idol (Grant Fuhr) on Tuesday night Roberto... that's all you need to do to instantly erase 4 years of playoff futility....

No pressure...

Other than that, the team needs to bring the same game they brought in game 6 and FINISH their chances. No more posts or high shots... hit the net, crash the net, force Crawford to make saves and give up rebounds.

Everything is on the line...

Here's hoping we cross first.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I agree that I am slightly more optimistic for this game then I was for Game 6. Partly because the Canucks actually showed up and--IMO--were the better team in Game 6. (Burrows' goal post...agh).

If they bring that same effort in Game 7--again, IMO--we will win. Heading in to Game 6, the Canucks had been MIA for two straight games. Now we know that they can still bring it and at least they won't go down without a fight if they bring that effort.

C'mon, Canucks. This is your time. Stand up, grab destiny by the short and curlies and WIN THIS MOFO'N GAME!!!!

Old
04-25-2011, 11:00 AM
pmxc12873

This coming from a Blackhawks fan.

The reason you guys can't/won't win....AV. He does nothing to counter the Hawks matchups. Moving a Dman in/out does nothing. I didn't watch any of your regular season games, but what does he do to prepare his team for the playoffs?

Can the Sedins only play on the same line? If so...then thats lame. If VAN would create some sort of 3 lines...they would be a better team.

Higgins/Sedin/Samuelson
Sedin/Hodgson/Burrows
Raymond/Kessler/Hanson

2 - 100pt scorers on each of the first 2 lines, and a 40goal scorer on the checking line. And before the "Maholtra was that guy" tears start flowing - injuries happen and the COACH needs to prepare his team for them. Hawks - in this series alone - were without Kopecky, Bickell, Bolland and Seabrook....with Toews, Brouwer and Sharp nowhere near 100% at the start of this. Quennville juggles lines all season long to try different combinations building for this.

If AV somehow created 3 lines like this, he can put Kessler vs Toews...and still have 2 scoring lines, to figure which one Bolland will play against, freeing up the other. Personally, I'm glad the guy is an idiot, and without the Cup, I'm sure he's gone next year (at least if I were you, I'd want him gone).

Old
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmxc12873 View Post
This coming from a Blackhawks fan.

The reason you guys can't/won't win....AV. He does nothing to counter the Hawks matchups. Moving a Dman in/out does nothing. I didn't watch any of your regular season games, but what does he do to prepare his team for the playoffs?

Can the Sedins only play on the same line? If so...then thats lame. If VAN would create some sort of 3 lines...they would be a better team.

Higgins/Sedin/Samuelson
Sedin/Hodgson/Burrows
Raymond/Kessler/Hanson

2 - 100pt scorers on each of the first 2 lines, and a 40goal scorer on the checking line. And before the "Maholtra was that guy" tears start flowing - injuries happen and the COACH needs to prepare his team for them. Hawks - in this series alone - were without Kopecky, Bickell, Bolland and Seabrook....with Toews, Brouwer and Sharp nowhere near 100% at the start of this. Quennville juggles lines all season long to try different combinations building for this.

If AV somehow created 3 lines like this, he can put Kessler vs Toews...and still have 2 scoring lines, to figure which one Bolland will play against, freeing up the other. Personally, I'm glad the guy is an idiot, and without the Cup, I'm sure he's gone next year (at least if I were you, I'd want him gone).
If you came in here saying this after games 4 and 5 I'd agree with you but the Canucks DOMINATED the Hawks last night in part BECAUSE of AV's moves...

More to come in game 7 and I have a feeling AV will be the coach for the Canucks against their 2nd round opponents.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I have to agree with petri, I thought AV actually showed some pretty damn good gamesmanship. I know some people have been critical of the last-minute switch to Schneider, but I thought it was a pretty good poker move on his part. The Hawks were preparing for Luongo and studying Luongo--throwing a different goaltender in there at the last minute shfited the whole dynamic.

Oreskovich and Alberts were somewhat non-factors and in hindsight with Salo going down, Ballard would have been a better guy to go in. But the Schneider switch seemed to give the Canucks some jump and made the Hawks a bit hesitant. Unfortunate he had some bad miscues with the puck, but overall I thought Schneider was quite good.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:07 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I have to agree with petri, I thought AV actually showed some pretty damn good gamesmanship. I know some people have been critical of the last-minute switch to Schneider, but I thought it was a pretty good poker move on his part. The Hawks were preparing for Luongo and studying Luongo--throwing a different goaltender in there at the last minute shfited the whole dynamic.

Oreskovich and Alberts were somewhat non-factors and in hindsight with Salo going down, Ballard would have been a better guy to go in. But the Schneider switch seemed to give the Canucks some jump and made the Hawks a bit hesitant. Unfortunate he had some bad miscues with the puck, but overall I thought Schneider was quite good.
I agree with you, but where the hell were these changes in Game 5? Why take so long to adapt? I am an AV supporter, but after 3 years of this, I am getting a little frustrated.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
If you came in here saying this after games 4 and 5 I'd agree with you but the Canucks DOMINATED the Hawks last night in part BECAUSE of AV's moves...

More to come in game 7 and I have a feeling AV will be the coach for the Canucks against their 2nd round opponents.
Dominated?

Old
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I'm flying back to Vancouver after game 7. I'm expecting to return to a house that's intact and not burnt down - so the Canucks better win.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I agree with you, but where the hell were these changes in Game 5? Why take so long to adapt? I am an AV supporter, but after 3 years of this, I am getting a little frustrated.
Well, Game 4 was a terrible team effort. A lot of people--media and club types included--were prepared to give the Canucks a mulligan on that one. Up 3-0, a chance to sweep, they played a very tentative and passive game. Playing not to get hurt and not to lose, whereas the Hawks came out to win and embarassed them 7-2.

The Canucks talked the talk and said all the right things, so no chances were anticipated in Game 5. Except then they came out completely flat again.

They were talking the talk again, but I think AV decided to hedge his bets and make some changes of his own--hence the decision to put in Schneider.

If he does that in Game 5, it might seem panicky. After Game 5--two straight drubbings--it's a coaching move that seems a lot more agreeable.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Radiolad

I will not be watching the game. After OT in game 6 my wife had to use the paddles on me while yelling "CLEAR"!!

Old
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
MAGICMAN1963

Well our chances are the same as Chicago.50/50.If we do not win i think we have some Very big questions marks that will need to be addressed.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
deckercky

It's all up to Tambellini to bring his luck charms back to the team!

Old
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

We are just paying our dues. Blowing a three game lead, dealing with the Torres adversity, getting blown out two games in a row, losing a heartbreaker in OT.....

They will rise above all of this Tuesday and put it behind them.

The road to our first Stanley Cup was never going to be an easy one.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Man, the Canucks had the perfect opportunity to win last game.
I just hope Salo is healthy for next game (but I doubt it ), and the Canucks play well again.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually hope Schneider starts next game, as long as he doesn't play the puck at all.

Old
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogopogo View Post
Dominated?
Certainly the 3rd period and OT at least.

Old
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post

I agree. I'm not sure why people are *****ing about AV and his gamesmanship? I was annoyed at AV after the Game 5 press conference when he quickly named Luongo the game 6 starter....you don't give your enemy that kind of intel with that much time to prepare for it. Turns out he played it incredibly well, and it's been one of his very few bright spots this entire series. I still don't get the entire Ballard fiasco but it's been going on all year so I really can't say I'm too shocked by it.

I think there is plenty to be optomistic about heading back to Vancouver for game 7, but there is always that feeling in the back of the mind "How are they going to **** this one up?".

Old
04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Reign Nateo

Think I figured out why the Hawks are getting the breaks. All they do is whine, every damn whistle. Re-watched some of the game. 2-3 Hawks skate to the ref, every whistle, they're all over them. That's why they get every call, they cry like babies whenever anything comes up. They must be good whiners too because the refs keep buying it.

Starting from their captain. It's working though.

The old saying, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease."

Old
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
pmxc12873

I'm not here talking smack/just trying to stir the pot....(but me smokem the peace pipe?)

I thought Schnieder was a good idea, as well.

Its his line matchup inability the last few seasons that I think he lacks. VAN was better in the 3rd and OT, but I dont think as much the first 2 periods. Their first 2 goals were kind of soft. And now cue the "refs screwed you"...just as Hawks fans cry the refs screwing them in gms 1-3. (I don't believe in either...things balance out at the end of the day).

I just don't think AV is very good and I don't understand why the Sedins always/only can play on the same line. I think VAN would be more dangerous splitting them up - creating a tougher mismatch. The holding back who's starting in net doesn't change anything for the other team, maybe just your own. Hawks are focused on winning the game, Q is focused on who is matched up against who. Moving a Dman in/out or switching goalies does nothing to effect the Hawks.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:19 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Think I figured out why the Hawks are getting the breaks. All they do is whine, every damn whistle. Re-watched some of the game. 2-3 Hawks skate to the ref, every whistle, they're all over them. That's why they get every call, they cry like babies whenever anything comes up. They must be good whiners too because the refs keep buying it.

Starting from their captain. It's working though.

The old saying, "the squeeky wheel gets the grease."
yet the canucks are one of the dirtiest teams in hockey

Closed Thread