HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

WCQF: Game 7 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 26th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
We are just paying our dues. Blowing a three game lead, dealing with the Torres adversity, getting blown out two games in a row, losing a heartbreaker in OT.....

They will rise above all of this Tuesday and put it behind them.

The road to our first Stanley Cup was never going to be an easy one.
Loving the positivity.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Lard_Lad

Vegas consensus has the Canucks at -165/+145 (i.e., bet 165 on Vancouver to win 100, bet 100 on Chicago to win 145), offshore sports books mostly the same or a little more in our favour. Best odds of any game in the next couple of days, but substantially worse than the game 5 odds, which were around -220 Vancouver.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamshot View Post
yet the canucks are one of the dirtiest teams in hockey
gtfo.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Tiranis

I'll say it again, same as before the last game, doesn't matter who you start — they will both find a way to make those stops if the rest of the team is playing well. Schneider just needs to stop playing the puck if he's in.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Pascha

Quote:
based on what exactly?

Old
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
VanEric

Loving the excuses being made for Schneids. He made boneheaded plays with the puck in a number of games and blew shutouts with bad goals.

He should play in Game 7 because Vigneault's already decided there was only one reason the Canucks lost Games 4 and 5.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

vCash: 50
If we do lose, I hope the crowd chants this tuesday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80niZnYCB04

Old
04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Really?

Raffi Torres led the team with 78PM's... they had two suspensions all season (Rypien for grabbing a fan, Torres for hitting Eberle).

I'd love to see your 'facts' that support that claim.

Old
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
I am baffled by how much people think this is on Luongo.
#1. They don't like Luongo to begin with

#2. AV told the world it's all on Luongo

Old
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I'll say it again, same as before the last game, doesn't matter who you start they will both find a way to make those stops if the rest of the team is playing well. Schneider just needs to stop playing the puck if he's in.
Yeah, that's one part of Luongo's game that Schneider shouldn't have picked up on.

Old
Pascha

I am hopeful, based on how they played last night, that they can come out and play the same way. We should have won last night, and we will win on Tuesday if we play the same game on home ice.

Old
m9

I feel bad for people who seriously want us to dress Tambellini as a 'good luck charm'. Life will be tough for you with that mindset, good luck.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Norris bound Edler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Is there a schedule that is out that shows which Ref's are due to referee certain games? Who are the Ref's for game 7, and which other games have these ref's done so far this series.

I'm not trying to make this out to be a 'We lost games because of the Ref's' thread. I just want to get an idea of how the games might be called.

There was also not a pre-game talk thread yet, or I would have asked it there.
while we're at it, what was the worst non call in game 6?

1. the trip on Henrik behind the net?
2. the slash immediately after in front of the net?
3. the head shot on Bieksa?

3x blatant non calls right in front of the refs

in a word?
DISGUSTING

sometimes I wish I didn't have a PVR -
I can't beleive its not more of a story - we're too Canadian.

that was pure robery by the refs. Our powerplay is a killer. They can' handle it, and someone obviously knows it.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Loving the excuses being made for Schneids. He made boneheaded plays with the puck in a number of games and blew shutouts with bad goals.

He should play in Game 7 because Vigneault's already decided there was only one reason the Canucks lost Games 4 and 5.
I thought his performance last night was largely overrated. He made 1 nice stop on the 5-on-3 and a the breakaway stop, the rest were mostly routine. 3 goals on 20 shots (.850 Sv%), Luongo gets ripped apart for performances like that.

People making it seems like Luongo has been worse are crazy. He stopped 12 out of 13 coming in cold. How has Schneider done in the past two games coming in cold? Not very well.

Luongo has also shown that when he's on he plays a lot better than Schneider showed last night, he stole games 1 and 3 and made amazing saves on a 5-on-3 too.

With that said, this team will come out determined like they did last night and not give up many chances (Hawks scored one 'real' goal during regular time), which is why I don't really care who plays.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Reign Nateo

Be nice if it was more veteran officials that can phase out the Hawks constant whining...

Old
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiO View Post
while we're at it, what was the worst non call in game 6?

1. the trip on Henrik behind the net?
2. the slash immediately after in front of the net?
3. the head shot on Bieksa?

3x blatant non calls right in front of the refs

in a word?
DISGUSTING

sometimes I wish I didn't have a PVR -
I can't beleive its not more of a story - we're too Canadian.

that was pure robery by the refs. Our powerplay is a killer. They can' handle it, and someone obviously knows it.
OR:

- The no-call on the delay of game puck over the glass
- The punch to the face of Burrows at the start of the game
- The even up call at the end of the 2nd where Henrik was cross checked to the ice and got called for diving
- the too many men on the ice non-call for the Hawks in OT
on and on...

Old
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Lard_Lad

Probably won't know until the media game notes are released tomorrow. The guys working or alternates for tonight's game are O'Halloran, Pochmara, Peel, Furlatt, and Joanette, so they can be excluded as possibilities. If you also eliminate guys who've already worked a game in this series, the remaining teams are Devorski/Kozari and Pollock/Lee. Dennis LaRue might also be a possibility, Chris Rooney breaking his leg screwed up the schedule a bit so some guys have gone without their usual partners, and we haven't seen LaRue.

My bet would be Devorski/Kozari. I don't want to think about Chris Lee having our fate in his hands.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Canucker

Quote:

Really? what was the reason? I don't recall him blaming any one thing in particular. He played Schneider on a hunch that maybe the team might respond to the change....coaches change goalies all the time to try and get a lift if their team isn't responding. Other than his one puckhandling miscue, Schneider was fine. And other than Luongo's misplay on the winning goal, he was fine too. I don't think goaltending lost us the game, it was a lack of execution and some bad luck.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Norris bound Edler

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
OR:

- The no-call on the delay of game puck over the glass
- The punch to the face of Burrows at the start of the game
- The even up call at the end of the 2nd where Henrik was cross checked to the ice and got called for diving
- the too many men on the ice non-call for the Hawks in OT
on and on...
thanks - now we're pretty complete.

Ridiculous - and - CBC's coverage sucks - having a wannabee referee ,smug host is way overrated now. Can't wait till he retires. Simpson can kiss my you know what too.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
VanEric

Quote:
I thought his performance last night was largely overrated. He made 1 nice stop on the 5-on-3 and a the breakaway stop, the rest were mostly routine.

People making it seems like Luongo has been worse are crazy. He stopped 12 out of 13 coming in cold. How has Schneider done in the past two games coming in cold? Not very well.

Luongo has also shown that when he's on he plays a lot better than Schneider showed last night, he stole games 1 and 3 and made amazing saves on a 5-on-3 too.

With that said, this team will come out determined like they did last night and not give up many chances (Hawks scored one 'real' goal), which is why I don't really care who plays.
It's too late for logic now. I don't think you can flip flop on your goaltending like this. Vigneault already decided Schneider gives this team the best chance to win because Luongo was the reason we lost Games 4 and 5 apparently. How can you go back to Luongo in a Game 7 and expect him to be 100% focused and confident?

I wish the best for the Schneider Canucks and also hope Luongo gets traded to a real team like Philly in the off-season. Not a bunch of quitters.

Quitters who are probably going to win Game 7, though.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Canucker

Quote:
It's too late for logic now. I don't think you can flip flop on your goaltending like this. Vigneault already decided Schneider gives this team the best chance to win because Luongo was the reason we lost Games 4 and 5 apparently. How can you go back to Luongo in a Game 7 and expect him to be 100% focused and confident?

I wish the best for the Schneider Canucks and also hope Luongo gets traded to a real team like Philly in the off-season. Not a bunch of quitters.

Quitters who are probably going to win Game 7, though.
If you can't, then he's not the mentally strong goalie we hoped we had in the first place.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Schneider obviously had an off night handling the puck but the Burrows goal certainly doesn't happen without him beating the 2 forecheckers and making a tape to tape pass. Burrows doesn't score with Luongo in net...

Why does 26 year old rookie Correy Crawford look so composed and comfortable with his team's season on the line? Why didn't he give off bad rebounds or a bad goal for that matter? Shouldn't there be ramifications of having a league minimum journeyman AHL goalie starter going head to head against a Vezina candidate and stud backup?

When will our goaltending edge actually come to fruition in this series?

Old
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
I thought his performance last night was largely overrated. He made 1 nice stop on the 5-on-3 and a the breakaway stop, the rest were mostly routine. 3 goals on 20 shots (.850 Sv%), Luongo gets ripped apart for performances like that.

With that said, this team will come out determined like they did last night and not give up many chances (Hawks scored one 'real' goal during regular time), which is why I don't really care who plays.

I don't think so. I thought Schneider was more in control when he was playing. Rebounds were controlled and away from traffic and even though he had a couple of gaffs, I thought his puckhandling didn't give the Hawks forecheckers a chance to get into the play.

Although Luongo came in cold, I thought his game was shaky. The rebounds he gave out were around the crease. He couldn't freeze the puck on two occasions on the same shift. Just a real shaky game.

Having said that though, I think he gets the start in Game 7.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Really? what was the reason? I don't recall him blaming any one thing in particular. He played Schneider on a hunch that maybe the team might respond to the change....coaches change goalies all the time to try and get a lift if their team isn't responding. Other than his one puckhandling miscue, Schneider was fine. And other than Luongo's misplay on the winning goal, he was fine too. I don't think goaltending lost us the game, it was a lack of execution and some bad luck.
Luongo's been Vigneault's go-to guy for 4 years. Every important game and situation, he's started no matter what. Essentially the only significant lineup move was to change that on a whim. I would assure you Luongo took it as the blame for Games 4 and 5 being placed directly on him. The team played like garbage for 2 games and all got another chance while he didn't.

Look at Brodeur at the Olympics. He was pissed and upset about having the blame (more rightfully) placed on him for the US game by being replaced. He said he couldn't even enjoy the win much after that. That's the mentality of guys who have been established starters for as long as these guys have.

Like I said, what's done is done and Schneider is the guy now. I hope to heck he succeeds.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Schneider obviously had an off night handling the puck but the Burrows goal certainly doesn't happen without him beating the 2 forecheckers and making a tape to tape pass. Burrows doesn't score with Luongo in net...

Why does 26 year old rookie Correy Crawford look so composed and comfortable with his team's season on the line? Why didn't he give off bad rebounds or a bad goal for that matter? Shouldn't there be ramifications of having a league minimum journeyman AHL goalie starter going head to head against a Vezina candidate and stud backup?

When will our goaltending edge actually come to fruition in this series?
Considering that Luongo had 2 assists this season precisely off of passes like that, I don't see why it's a predetermined assumption that goal doesn't happen with him in the net. Schneider is a WORSE puckhandler than Luongo, anyone that has watched him with the Moose knows this.

Closed Thread