HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens / Flyers - Enemy Territory

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
pensrule

vCash: 500
Pens / Flyers - Enemy Territory

Just came over her to say that I can't believe the team you guys have assembled right now. Although I'm a life long Pens fan, and hate the Flyers for that reason, I still respect them and actually liked quite a few players you guys had/have. Getting Forsberg was an awesome acquisition (as long as he stays healthy) and Richards and Carter looked great in the AHL playoffs. This team will be tough to beat, but I do look forward to the Pens / Flyers matchups this year. It is sad that some Pens fans are such homers that they don't realize this.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
donelikedinner

Thanks for the post. Its nice to know that there are reasonable people on both sides who can appreciate the moves ALL NHL teams have made. The Pens will be a contender soon and the Flyers will be waiting.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule
Just came over her to say that I can't believe the team you guys have assembled right now. Although I'm a life long Pens fan, and hate the Flyers for that reason, I still respect them and actually liked quite a few players you guys had/have. Getting Forsberg was an awesome acquisition (as long as he stays healthy) and Richards and Carter looked great in the AHL playoffs. This team will be tough to beat, but I do look forward to the Pens / Flyers matchups this year. It is sad that some Pens fans are such homers that they don't realize this.
Classy post!!!

I look forward to the Flyers/Pens games this season

Old
08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
DaveBrown21

Quote:
Very cordial of you. Let's face it--there are unreasonable, homer fans in every NHL city. But I'll be the first to admit that sometimes those type of Flyers fans are annoying to the rest of us.

I'm not a Pens fan, but I respect Mario more than anyone in the game. And I look forward to seeing Mark Recchi have a great season--he was a blue-collar Flyer. Never took a shift off. But of course, you guys already know that all too well from his Pens Cup days. I think we're all curious to see Sid play, and we'll all quietly wonder "what could have been" had we gotten the #1 pick. The Pens deserve some good fortune.

Look forward to some great hockey between the two teams...and as Gene Hart used to say closing out each Flyers telecast:

"Good night, and good hockey."

Old
08-11-2005, 10:21 AM
hockeystud938

Quote:
thats good to hear and yes the flyers pens game will be a fun one to watch

Old
08-11-2005, 11:05 AM
MojoJojo

I'll tell you this, if I only go to four hockey games his year, they will all be Pens-Flyers home games, especially if Lemieux is playing.

Old
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
tom_servo

It pains me to admit that Forsberg belongs in Flyers black and orange. It's such a natural acquisition.

Old
08-11-2005, 01:12 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
Im glad I already got my tickets!!

Old
08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

As much as I hate to admit it, I've always been a fan of the FLyers bang-them-up style.

But regardless, I do think the games will be very fun to watch.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Flyers26

Nice to see a civil thread so far.
Let's keep it that way.

Closed Thread