HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col BJ - NY Ran

Old
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Rather take on Filatov. Has a 2 way ELC. Can bury in minors and use the 3.8 million dollars on Richards.

Wolski is way overpaid.
I don't want him anywhere near this team and our kids. Any attitude like his where he went back to Russia is not something I want our kids to be learning from.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't want him anywhere near this team and our kids. Any attitude like his where he went back to Russia is not something I want our kids to be learning from.
Filatov has a good character he is not the second Zherdev he is enough popular in the locker room here. He did not have problems with Arniel or Hitch /I think he did not make problems in the trainings or games/. Plus he is good in defense what Arniel said. He and Zherdev are two different persons in their characters. Plus he does not want to return to Russia it is stupidity. One thing is an interest of CSKA and the second his wish what is - play in NHL!

But this trade would be total bad for us. Wolski is an average player who is not able to improve our play. In nothing. We have better wingers as he, for example Voráček, Calvert, Huselius /if we would not trade him/ or we can resign Upshall. Plus Filatov has a more great potential and he showed it in his first season minimum when he played excelent whether in NHL or AHL. So why Wolski? I do not see any reason for this trade for us.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Filatov=Zherdev 2.0 for us

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
No.

Zherdev = Zherdev 1.0
Frolov = Zherdev 2.0
Wolski = Zherdev 3.0
Filatov = Zherdev 4.0

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:46 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
No. Filatov never had problems with training ethics it is very good, he never had problems in the locker room. His problem in this season was psyche and it that he could not score. If he would score he would not play in Springfield but in Columbus bcause his achievments would be than more better. He will be a great player and I believe in our jacket.

I was happy when Žerdev was traded I do not like him for his character and ethics I do not like similar players but I do not want to trade Filatov. And especially not for average and useless winger for us as Wolski is.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 09:01 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
No.

Zherdev = Zherdev 1.0
Frolov = Zherdev 2.0
Wolski = Zherdev 3.0
Filatov = Zherdev 4.0

That's ridiculous. Filatov is no more like Zherdev than Matt Cooke is like Crosby.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli: 11-08-2014 at 09:49 AM.
TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why would the Rangers want Filatov?Why would any team want Filatov?This is only place where Filatov has any value. He couldn't play for Ken Hitchcock so he bolted for Russia. Couldn't play for Scott Arniel. What makes anyone think Filatov will play for John Tortorella?

$2,195,833 for Filatov without a bonus cushion next season.

If the Rangers want to dump Wolski's money,buying him out at 1/3 is the play. Players under 26 are bought out at 1/3 instead of 2/3.

Rangers free up $3,333,333 in space for next season.

Rangers aren't taking on another enigmatic Russian winger after the failed experiments of Nikolai Zherdev and Alexander Frolov.

The Wolski trade was still a good trade for the Rangers. Wolski has a cheaper buyout than Michal Rozsival
These appear to be the sets of numbers that make the most sense... WW has more potential, so make him a throw in on a bigger deal, or keep him around, with buy-out a standby option.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote