HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Used hockey equipment - [Long Island edition]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2011, 03:36 PM
  #1
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Used hockey equipment - [Long Island edition]

Hey guys,

So growing up my whole life I played Roller hockey goalie. I hit 9th grade and stopped when I moved. Anyways, 8 years later and I started playing ice hockey and been getting pretty good but my goal all along has been to transition back to goalie.

My buddys cousin is a couple inches bigger than me and gave me some of his old equipment. I bought the rest and the only thing I have left is to get Goalie Skates. I obviously don't want to spend a lot of $$ because if I suck (and I've heard it's much different than roller hockey goalie and it's been a while so it's a good possability) I'll just keep playing out of the net.

So, Any good places to get cheap/used goalie skates and/or equipment?

Over the summer I found a place but I havn't been able to find it/remember it.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
  #2
greyraven8
Registered User
 
greyraven8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
What size of skate are you?
I have an extra pair of CCM 9.5 'E' width Tacks goalie skates.

Can always check ads at your local arenas' bulletin boards, play-it-again or other local used sporting goods stores, kijiji (i think it's now ebay classifieds in the states) or craigslist, ebay, goaliestore.com has online classifieds - other goalie bulletin boards have classifieds also. In my experience thrift stores and yard sales rarely have much if any hockey goalie equipment - especially in real adult sizes.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:14 PM
  #3
robmneilson
Registered User
 
robmneilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
If there are any play it again sports around on LI it might be a good place. I went to one a few years ago and got a great goalie helmet and chest protector for around $80 total.

robmneilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:48 AM
  #4
MeltingPlastic
Registered User
 
MeltingPlastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Outside Philly
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
if you wanna take the ride, check out Pregame Proshop in westwood NJ, about 10 mins from NYC. They have tons of used skates there

MeltingPlastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
  #5
IslesZoso
Registered User
 
IslesZoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Great Neck, LI
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
If there are any play it again sports around on LI it might be a good place. I went to one a few years ago and got a great goalie helmet and chest protector for around $80 total.
Not far from Roosevelt Field and Old Country Road:

Play It Again Sports
223 Glen Cove Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514
(516) 873-8874

IslesZoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
  #6
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyraven8 View Post
What size of skate are you?
I have an extra pair of CCM 9.5 'E' width Tacks goalie skates.

Can always check ads at your local arenas' bulletin boards, play-it-again or other local used sporting goods stores, kijiji (i think it's now ebay classifieds in the states) or craigslist, ebay, goaliestore.com has online classifieds - other goalie bulletin boards have classifieds also. In my experience thrift stores and yard sales rarely have much if any hockey goalie equipment - especially in real adult sizes.
Thank you but I'm a size 9 US so I think I need a 7.5.

I appreciate it though. Thanks!!

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
  #7
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
If there are any play it again sports around on LI it might be a good place. I went to one a few years ago and got a great goalie helmet and chest protector for around $80 total.
Cool, I'll check it out. There's one near me. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingPlastic View Post
if you wanna take the ride, check out Pregame Proshop in westwood NJ, about 10 mins from NYC. They have tons of used skates there
Damn, and I was in NYC a couple days ago. I'll try and check it out next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesZoso View Post
Not far from Roosevelt Field and Old Country Road:

Play It Again Sports
223 Glen Cove Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514
(516) 873-8874
Yeah, that's RIGHT near me. I'll check it out. Thanks dude.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
  #8
thedonger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 838
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltingPlastic View Post
if you wanna take the ride, check out Pregame Proshop in westwood NJ, about 10 mins from NYC. They have tons of used skates there
lol, westwood is NOT 10 min from nyc...even at 1 in the morning on a weekday.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.