HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arthur Staple-Wolski will be bought out

Old
04-25-2011, 04:22 PM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
He scored a meaningless goal, with no pressure on him. Pretty much what he'll be doing in Europe.

And honestly, it's not that hard to spell.
but but but...it was a PLAYOFF goal. Which means it was clutch, and anybody who didn't score in the playoffs is a choker who doesn't try or want it hard enough.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah seriously, its spread around this board to the point of lunacy, how could anyone not know you by now, you use this place like its your personal blog
It's funnier because I do have a personal blog.

But my name has been plastered on here nearly 14000 times. The Devils board already butchers it daily.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:26 PM
EEDAWGZ

like i care who u are or,or how to spell your name I don't know u and don't want to, and yes anyone who didn't score in the playoffs didn't try or want it enough, very good now go play somewhere

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Wolski is a guy who traditionally has stepped up his game in the playoffs.

Its the 82 games it takes to get there that I have a beef with.
I don't understand whats so hard about trying to utilize him when he WAS playing well. Two games in a row I saw Wolski creating and getting opportunities, yet Torts refused to play him in key offensive positions, opting for Gaborik yet again when he was doing zilch with the mediocre creativity he was playing with.

I don't want Wolski, but next season I have a feeling we're gonna end up with another similar player and we're back to square one.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
It's funnier because I do have a personal blog.

But my name has been plastered on here nearly 14000 times. The Devils board already butchers it daily.
Well I guess it's better than the people who come here and treat the board like an outlet for when they are PMSing.

04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
OverTheCap

For those that want Wolski to return, don't worry, we already have a much cheaper version of him on the team and he's under contract for next year.

His name is Erik Christensen.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
beastly115

They're buying out the wrong guy.

Buy out Drury. Sign Richards. Keep Wolski for another season.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Well I guess it's better than the people who come here and treat the board like an outlet for when they are PMSing.
Don't be afraid, you can address me personally

I'm not gonna be all flowers, hearts and canoes in here like most of you sproutlings, I go out and celebrate the NYR that way live, with people and booze

No offense ! <RD>

I make no bones about it, this place is my NYR stomping ground and they deserve every bit of it. I've seen posters on this board the last 10 years run the Rangers franchise better than the Sather regime.

Old
04-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post

Agreed. I'll also believe it when I see it. Rather give
Wolski a full yr in a Ranger uniform

I'll believe a buy out when I see it

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Don't be afraid, you can address me personally

I'm not gonna be all flowers, hearts and canoes in here like most of you sproutlings, I go out and celebrate the NYR that way live, with people and booze

No offense ! <RD>

I make no bones about it, this place is my NYR stomping ground and they deserve every bit of it. I've seen posters on this board the last 10 years run the Rangers franchise better than the Sather regime.

I think a daycare full of slow children could run the Rangers better than Sather and Co, but he's getting paid to do it, and we're not, so I guess he's doing something right.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

I think a daycare full of slow children could run the Rangers better than Sather and Co, but he's getting paid to do it, and we're not, so I guess he's doing something right.
He's getting paid? That's not very TEAM of you.

Old
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
levski87

Surprised we can't trade Wolski to the Predators.

I'm sure a draft pick would do it and that team needs offense.

Just look at how Kostitsyn picked up his game after being traded. I'm sure Trotz can improve Wolski.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
He's getting paid? That's not very TEAM of you.
When you are not earning it, it definitely isn't!

Old
04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Not even close. The Kotalik and Brashear contract are far worse, just for example.

This is a guy who is 25, a former 1st rounder, and has been on 3 different teams in just over a year, with a 3.8 cap hit, coming off a 13 goal season. I highly doubt anyone would give up anything for him at this point, as he's more of a problem than a positive.
While not exact I could swear I read these posts last year in defense of not holding onto Pappy who had a great year for the Isles.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post

I'm on board with this.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I like Leino a lot. I actually mentioned during the season that he should be one of the targets. Not sure anyone has the vision of a Leino on our team. If we don't look at trades and go strictly UFA....Richards, Leino(or jussi jokinen), and a Markov or Babchuk would be great.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:01 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
While not exact I could swear I read these posts last year in defense of not holding onto Pappy who had a great year for the Isles.
Parenteau was "okay", wouldn't consider his year "great". He played on a line with John Tavares and Matt Moulson all season, and got ample powerplay time. And he scored a little over 50 points. He's still a terrible skating defensive liability, just one that made a nice pass to two really good goal scorers.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Wolski is not the answer for competing with guys like Semin, Ovechkin, Backstrom.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Parenteau was "okay", wouldn't consider his year "great". He played on a line with John Tavares and Matt Moulson all season, and got ample powerplay time. And he scored a little over 50 points. He's still a terrible skating defensive liability, just one that made a nice pass to two really good goal scorers.
Both players were far from proven coming into this NHL season. Can't say he rode those guys like they were great great players. Tavares also was out for a while with injury.

So Dubinsky had a great year putting up those same numbers but Pappy was just ok? One more point he would have led our team in scoring.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Both players were far from proven coming into this NHL season. Can't say he rode those guys like they were great great players. Tavares also was out for a while with injury.

So Dubinsky had a great year putting up those same numbers but Pappy was just ok? One more point he would have led our team in scoring.
John T. is a better goalscorer than anyone on this team except a healthy Marian Gaborik.

Moulson put up 30 goals last year, again more than anybody except healthy Gaborik.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
John T. is a better goalscorer than anyone on this team except a healthy Marian Gaborik.

Moulson put up 30 goals last year, again more than anybody except healthy Gaborik.
He makes a point though, it's hard to downplay the guys year when he's outscoring nearly everyone on the Rangers. Slumps or not.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

Quote:

It doesn't really matter if they were "proven" or not, they are both natural goal scorers. Besides, it isn't like they came in without any type of expectations and surprised. Moulson had another 30 goal season, and Tavares improved on an excellent rookie season.

Also, Tavares played 79 games. Far from "out for a while". For fun, Parenteau went 1-0-1, was even, and had 2 PIMS when he was out.

Dubinsky and Parenteau aren't comparable, either. In that Dubinsky is clearly the better player. He's not a liability defensively, or completely useless when he's not scoring like Parenteau. Just ask some Islander fans. A lot of them hate the guy.

Old
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Ask yourself this, would PAP be a 1st line forward on any team not named the Islanders? The answer is no, he would be a 3rd liner on any team with depth, in which case he's not even sniffing 50 points. His production this season is a reflection of his playing time he was given on the Islanders, he's not seeing those minutes on any competitive teams that don't have the Islanders lack of depth & veteran forwards... Slot him into his natural position on the depth chart of a competitive team, and he a 30-40 point forward.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Yeah a lot of Isles fans didn't like PAP at all, hell they wanted to get rid of him. He was basically an AHL player getting first line minutes with two really good players. He's the same PAP we had last year, a decent call up option when players are hurt.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Buying out Wolski would be the most stupid thing Sather has done since the Drury and Gomez contracts. Buy out one of the few guys on the team that show even a semblance of offensive skill? Yeah, ok.

No one would seriously give up at least a draft pick for him? Come on.
who cares if Staple says he is likely to be bought out..........he doesnt make the call. I agree its dumb to buy out talent.

he is going to stay. Thats my opinion and him going is Staples. Other beat writers do not say its a for sure thing at all

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote