HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Arthur Staple-Wolski will be bought out

Old
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
No resign on Prospal? Such injustice. We'll if thats the case, I wish Vinny the best.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Hey didn't Duby start his career with a pretty good player? Named Jagr. How come he didnt' have a Pappy like year if it's so easy to do playing with great players?
Dubinsky
2007 - 2008
:

ES TOI/G: 11:57
PP TOI/G: 2:24

Parenteau
2010 - 2011
:

ES TOI/G: 14:40
PP TOI/G: 3:29

PAP averaged 2:40 more minutes per game at even strength and a full minute more per game on the PP compared to Dubinsky's rookie season.... Sufficient enough explanation to describe the 13 point difference in production? Dubinsky also played Center that year too so you know he was more focused on his defensive coverages and not being a liability on the ice.... We know now that he's more comfortable and more effective on LW. Also, Jagr only notched 71 points that year so it's not like he had one of his 100 point seasons.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Are you ****ing for real? Serious? Are you trolling me?

You actually think Wolski is better than Dubinsky? I can't fathom this.

Ask any Coyote or Avalanche fan. They hate Wolski, because he's lazy, ineffective, bad defensively, inconsistent, problematic, and a waste of space. Dubinsky hasn't been traded twice in less than two years, and Dubinsky isn't a regular healthy scratch.

You also discount Dubinsky for reaching that number "barely", yet in his two 30 assist season, he had exactly 30 assists, then an anomaly 42, which he has never come to getting in any of his other seasons. He had a good season in a contract year - what else is new.
I don't need to ask anyone, I can confirm my own opinions after watching both for a few years now. I can't fathom how Wolski is being considered to be bought out on this offensively challeneged team but Dubinsky rides along with another mediocre year. Any Ranger fan who says they didn't get excited at the start of the year when Duby was on fire and say "yes he finially arrived" and isn't now disapointed isn't being honest.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
obviously, PAP is the best player to ever grace a NYR jersey
Nah he didn't even grace our jersey really. We spent how many years developing him for him to do that with the Isles? How that makes you feel as a Ranger fan?

It pisses me off like no ****ing other I can tell you that.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:01 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
I don't need to ask anyone, I can confirm my own opinions after watching both for a few years now. I can't fathom how Wolski is being considered to be bought out on this offensively challeneged team but Dubinsky rides along with another mediocre year. Any Ranger fan who says they didn't get excited at the start of the year when Duby was on fire and say "yes he finially arrived" and isn't now disapointed isn't being honest.
The guy was also playing with a stress fracture in his leg from January on.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:04 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Wolski is being considered for a buyout because he's not a part of this team's future, and he has not been integral to any team he's been on since last Arpil. The Coyotes shunned him, and the Avalanche shunned him. Now the Rangers are shunning Wolski. I think that says a LOT about what professionals think of this player - they don't like him. Pretty sure any team in the NHL would take Dubinsky on a 3.8m contract. Don't think anyone would take Wolski, unless we were taking a worse contract back.

As for your Dubinsky crap, if you watch the two, he's clearly the better player, and is by far more "consistent" than Wolski. He suffered a stress fracture midway through the year - you can't tell me that didn't majorly affect his game. His biggest strength is his legs, and that stress fracture took a lot out of him.

Without Dubinsky, the Rangers get swept. Without Wolski, the Rangers lose in 5. He was near worthless in the playoffs, while Dubinsky was one of our most important players. Why would Tortorella and co want Wolski back, is the question you should be asking.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
Why buy-out Wolski? He has gotta be tradable for something. Even if he had an off year.

And also, wtf with Leino. That would be an absolute waste considering we have a million guys who do what he can do.

And curiousity... Are there any veteran defenseman with an offensive punch out there this year?
his cap hit is too high for what little he offers. no one will want to trade for him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I wonder how a line of W2-EC-Pappy WOULD perform, actually....

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
What's to be disappointed about? He put up career highs in goals and points while missing 5 games.... If Callahan did not go out for 20 games, Dubinsky most likely would have hit 60 points.

There's a reason why Wolski has been on 3 teams over the last 2 years and will likely be on his 4th team come September. The guy cannot bring a consistent effort level on any regular basis. He's not good enough defensively and doesn't kill penalties to warrant spending $3.8 mil in cap space to keep him around wondering when he'll finally learn to bring his A-Game on a consistent basis... Dubinsky is clearly a more valuable player....

Old
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
The guy was also playing with a stress fracture in his leg from January on.
I'm sure a lot of players had injuries during the year, not just Rangers. Excuses if it effected his game he should have sat and healed, esp only January.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

30 goals for each one of them.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Nah he didn't even grace our jersey really. We spent how many years developing him for him to do that with the Isles? How that makes you feel as a Ranger fan?

It pisses me off like no ****ing other I can tell you that.
there was no way PAP would get that sort of spot in the line up with that sort of ice time with us. I would like to hear managements take on it though. "Glen, do you regret not giving Parenteau a harder look? It appears as if you let him go prematurely. Why do you suppose he found success with one of your arch rivals when he could not with your club?"

Old
04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What's to be disappointed about? He put up career highs in goals and points while missing 5 games.... If Callahan did not go out for 20 games, Dubinsky most likely would have hit 60 points.

There's a reason why Wolski has been on 3 teams over the last 2 years and will likely be on his 4th team come September. The guy cannot bring a consistent effort level on any regular basis. He's not good enough defensively and doesn't kill penalties to warrant spending $3.8 mil in cap space to keep him around wondering when he'll finally learn to bring his A-Game on a consistent basis... Dubinsky is clearly a more valuable player....
Career hi on goals? Thats 24 you realize? Wolski has been there done that and I think he's more of a playmaker than a goalscorer.

Wolski caree hi 65 points at the age of 23, yeah thats someone we do not want part of our future going foward when he is still only 25. Fix the cap? Find a way out of Drury, not Wolski.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I must say though. Buying Wolski out over Drury seems pretty awful. Don't know how we can resign our RFAs AND sign Richards with his cap hit. When is the deadline to buyout players? I have to mark that date down on my calender. Wolski will provide more for us on a nightly basis than Drury will. Not to mention his shoot out skills are still world class.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I think W2 definitely has more offensive skill than dubinsky. BUT by no means is W2 a better player than dubinsky.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Radek27

Quote:
Wolski is being considered for a buyout because he's not a part of this team's future, and he has not been integral to any team he's been on since last Arpil. The Coyotes shunned him, and the Avalanche shunned him. Now the Rangers are shunning Wolski. I think that says a LOT about what professionals think of this player - they don't like him. Pretty sure any team in the NHL would take Dubinsky on a 3.8m contract. Don't think anyone would take Wolski, unless we were taking a worse contract back.

As for your Dubinsky crap, if you watch the two, he's clearly the better player, and is by far more "consistent" than Wolski. He suffered a stress fracture midway through the year - you can't tell me that didn't majorly affect his game. His biggest strength is his legs, and that stress fracture took a lot out of him.

Without Dubinsky, the Rangers get swept. Without Wolski, the Rangers lose in 5. He was near worthless in the playoffs, while Dubinsky was one of our most important players. Why would Tortorella and co want Wolski back, is the question you should be asking.
Wow since last April you say? You mean since he led his team in playoff scoring? Yep he's done alright, nothing the Rangers should be interested in.

With all you posters coming out with all the Dubinsky excuses why isn't Wolski being cut any slack for being his first year on the team after being traded from the Western Conference where he played his whole career? Sorry I see nothing but upside in keeping the guy.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Career hi on goals? Thats 24 you realize? Wolski has been there done that and I think he's more of a playmaker than a goalscorer.

Wolski caree hi 65 points at the age of 23, yeah thats someone we do not want part of our future going foward when he is still only 25. Fix the cap? Find a way out of Drury, not Wolski.
agree. i think Wolski at center would be better for the team, i hope he gets a look at center because as a winger Wolski isnt that good at all.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
agree. i think Wolski at center would be better for the team, i hope he gets a look at center because as a winger Wolski isnt that good at all.
So if we sign Richards, which one of Stepan or Anisimov is being shifted to wing?

BTW, for anyone touting Wolski's 1 goal and 3 points in the playoffs, don't forget he finished the regular season scoring 1 goal over his last 18 games (6 points during that stretch). Is that the kind of contribution you think is acceptable for a guy with a nearly $4 mil cap hit?

Old
04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

I've got an idea - how about they buyout both players? Neat, huh? They can do that, boys. They can do that.

Although, really, you can't see why they'd buy Wolski out over Drury?

Drury is the captain, a veteran, and widely respected around the league. Wolski doesn't seem to be very well liked by any of his former teams, or the coaching staff, while Drury is lauded for his personality. If you don't think this comes into the conversation of whether who they should buyout or not, you're living in fantasy land.

And, another thing, it will cost MUCH less money to buy out WoLOLski.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:

It would look something like this:

04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
So you want a guy who's already weak defensively to have more defensive responsibility by playing center?

People here are actually arguing that Wolski is a better hockey player than Dubi? Are you serious?

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I've got an idea - how about they buyout both players? Neat, huh? They can do that, boys. They can do that.

Although, really, you can't see why they'd buy Wolski out over Drury?

Drury is the captain, a veteran, and widely respected around the league. Wolski doesn't seem to be very well liked by any of his former teams, or the coaching staff, while Drury is lauded for his personality. If you don't think this comes into the conversation of whether who they should buyout or not, you're living in fantasy land.

And, another thing, it will cost MUCH less money to buy out WoLOLski.
NOW you lost me .

If they buyout Wolski and not Drury i'll be upset. If they buyout both (if Wolski's money is going to a UFA) or just Drury i'll be pleased.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
So if we sign Richards, which one of Stepan or Anisimov is being shifted to wing?

BTW, for anyoen touting Wolski's 1 goal and 3 points in the playoffs, don't forget he finished the regular season scored 1 goal over his last 18 games.
Anisimov should be shipped out to upgrade the offense. Very limited player, shows flashes, loves the sound his shot makes when hitting the backboard and glass.

We are topped out at bottom six fowards and this guy can't cut the top six, gotta move him.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
Wow since last April you say? You mean since he led his team in playoff scoring? Yep he's done alright, nothing the Rangers should be interested in.
He's done nothing since then, and honestly, he didn't even look that good in the series. Lee Stemniak scored 14 goals in 18 games at the end of last season. Does that mean we should give him a 3.8m contract?

Quote:
With all you posters coming out with all the Dubinsky excuses why isn't Wolski being cut any slack for being his first year on the team after being traded from the Western Conference where he played his whole career? Sorry I see nothing but upside in keeping the guy.
There aren't excuses, it's because Dubinsky is the superior hockey player. When Wolski is not scoring, he's worthless. When Dubinsky is not scoring, he's still a very good defensive forward, penalty killer, and forechecker, as well a leader on this hockey club. Wolski is none of these things. He's a stupid player, which is why he will never be anything more than another Zherdev. A guy with all the talent in the world, but is too stupid to put that talent to use, although Zherdev is much better.

Old
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

Quote:
NOW you lost me .

If they buyout Wolski and not Drury i'll be upset. If they buyout both (if Wolski's money is going to a UFA) or just Drury i'll be pleased.
It's not that difficult a concept LOL. The more liked player is less likely to get bought out then the exiled enigma.