HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 WCSF -Round 2- (5) Nashville Predators 2 vs. (1) Vancouver Canucks 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
im thinking the vast majority of our tickets will be sold before we know who our opponent is which should minimize the number of opposition fans in attendance.

I'd be shocked if more than a few scattered hundred Wings fans get tix if indeed we do play them

aand even if they do get in in large numbers... so what... would make the win even sweeter.... and by contrast their absence wouldnt make a loss any less painful...
Yes, but so many of the Red Wings fans are ALSO Preds STH's, they had first shot at the tickets. And they come in decked out in red instead of blue and mustard.

It is kind of funny to see a lot of people in red cheering when the Preds win the game (those that didn't leave because they couldn't stand the final outcome, of course).

Old
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I can't stop looking at these. Round 2, beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-6FA982F9-1568891-800.jpg‎ (75.3 KB, 31 views)

Old
04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
Haha Lucky son of a gun.

Was watching the second last game at my cabin with a family and friends and I've got them all on the Nashville wagon finally. Weber and tootoo are so clutch. Didn't see the last game but jumped up and down when I saw the replay on tsn.

I hope it's vancouver tbh. They may have alot of firepower. But their goaltending looks shaky every post season and the sedins don't look like they can handle the jump in physical play that we would bring. ON TO ROUND TWO BOYS! WOOO.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:03 PM
predfan24

One of the best things about advancing to round 2 is with only 4 series happening the national media will have no choice but to pay attention to us and same with Versus/NBC. Finally going to start getting a little love for once.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:06 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
One of the best things about advancing to round 2 is with only 4 series happening the national media will have no choice but to pay attention to us and same with Versus/NBC. Finally going to start getting a little love for once.
Agreed. On the top sports talk show here they spend about 20minutes talking about vancouver/chicago, maybe 10-15 minutes talking about all the others, and when they finally got to the Nashville series I was excited....too bad they only got 2min through and got distracted talking about vancouver again. Arg. More exposure is a great thing.

Old
04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexinMyPeks View Post
I wouldn't mind having some of those

Old
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Unfortunately, we have had in the past, a tendency to fall flat when we get media attention. I am quite happy to stay in the shadows till say the conference finals...

Old
04-26-2011, 01:53 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I don't know about anyone else but, this morning it was all sunshine, birds singing, lol. I'm just enjoying this feeling as long as I can.

The way some of these series started out, I never thought Nashville would be one of the early ones to end. It's kind of weird sitting here waiting to see who we will play next.

Hopefully the way the first round ended a lot of Preds fans are buying tickets and limiting the chance of other teams to get any. I agree that is was great having 17000 Preds fans screaming together. I think I saw maybe 15 Ducks fans, total, over 3 games.

I kind of wanted to play Detroit. But ONLY for the 6/7 pm start times. But the way they beat Phoenix and are resting so much, I don't think so anymore. And Vancouver, as much as another 9 or 9:30 time sucks, I could deal with it if they are having any doubts at all with their team.

I think our team gained so much confidence playing and beating Anaheim that we can handle anyone right now.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:32 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I don't care who we play. It's not supposed to get easier. But it would be pure perfection to knock the Wings out.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:50 AM
AEM6729

Anyone have any educated guesses on when Round 2 might start? I'm supposed to work on Wednesday night, am on call on Thursday night and work Friday night. I'm wondering if I should start trying to switch stuff around with someone...or start developing a cough.

I tried to look up past playoff schedules to figure out how many days they usually have between rounds, but it proved to be more difficult than I thought. I assume they wait until both conferences are done with the first round before starting second round games, right? The latest currently scheduled games are Wednesday, but they're both Eastern Conference teams. The West will be done by tonight (Tuesday).

So, will there only be one day of rest between rounds or do they typically do a couple more?

Aaaah, the anxiety of working night shift and not getting the playoff schedule until the last minute...(and the inconvenience of only getting the major networks at work, so even games on Verus can't be slyly turned on during my shift. Blast!).

Old
04-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Predator119

I want the Canucks in Round 2 because they will be beat up and tired after playing the hawks. Then, I want Detroit in the Conference finals because they will be beat up after playing the sharks and we won't have to play the Sharks. I know no matter what happens it won't be easy, but I would rather avoid the Sharks if possible. Go Preds!!!!!!!

Old
04-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Bring on whoever. Gotta beat 'em all to win the cup.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
no excuses ?

Old
04-26-2011, 08:38 AM
wadesworld

Gonna be Vancouver if they win tonight, Detroit if Vancouver loses.

Old
04-26-2011, 08:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Even if the national attention is just imbeciles like Barry Melrose predicting crushing defeat for us? Because we got that sort of "national attention" in round 1.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Tennman

Detroit or Vancouver. Vancouver looks beatable but the travel and start times suck. The start times for the games is better with Detroit but they are well rested and I hate seeing all that *** red in our barn. Hard to decide.

Old
04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennman View Post
Detroit or Vancouver. Vancouver looks beatable but the travel and start times suck. The start times for the games is better with Detroit but they are well rested and I hate seeing all that *** red in our barn. Hard to decide.
Go Canucks Go, at least we know there won't be a **** ton of red in this round

Old
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Haha, good point. Love the optimism.

I hope we get to Detoit. That way I can actually get to a nashville playoff game. Detroit is about a 4 hour drive for me from Toronto.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
predfan24

I would love Vancouver because I would love to see the response from all of Vancouver if their President trophy winning team of destiny was knocked out the playoffs again in the 2nd round by some stupid Sun belt team that nobody cares about.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
KYJones649

Doesn't matter to me, just want to stay focused and keep finding ways to win. Vancouver and Detroit each have pros and cons, either match-up should be a good series.

Just win

Old
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Martin Erat participated in the full team practice today at Bridgestone Arena and afterwards Trotz said that had there been a Game 7, Erat would have been healthy enough to play.

O'Reilly missed practice today after "tweaking" something during off-ice warmups.

Huge news though on Erat! It was great to have the bottom 6 step up and score along with the defense in the Anaheim series, but moving forward we're going to need all four lines contributing along with the PP and defense...

Old
04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Martin Erat participated in the full team practice today at Bridgestone Arena and afterwards Trotz said that had there been a Game 7, Erat would have been healthy enough to play.
WOW. Well thats a welcome surprise. I figured he was done for the rest of the year. Awesome to hear.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
A Detroit "source" is making an educated guess that the Wings will play Thursday or Friday. They made things more specific by stating that if it was Nashville it would be Thursday, Vancouver would be Friday.

So that seems that if that's true (and it makes sense) we would be playing on Thursday regardless and hopefully Saturday. That would be nice for me but what do I know? (edit I just realized that made no sense, Vancouver will probably not play Thursday. And whoever gets Detroit will.)

My question though is how does national TV balance having a series like Detroit/Nashville on the same nights as Eastern Conference games? I mean Detroit IS in the eastern time zone and we aren't far behind. Just wondering.

Last edited by Drake744: 04-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
SeventyOneTN

One reason to pull for Chicago would be if they win and beat the sharks, then we would have home ice for the conference finals.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
SilasAdams

well we find out tonight. personally i hope its the nucks. Red Wings are ****ing scary imo. Datsyuk>>

Closed Thread