HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We had it and we lost it

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I probably didn't express myself well enough. I feel that people expect nothing less than what we did in the first half of game 4, with our 29 shots...

And my response is that even if we don't play full out attack, we still have a team that is able to win tight game without scoring much. So I'm saying it's not that bad that we don't generate much in offense because:

1- I'm confident we can light it up when we actually try, and not voluntarily dump the puck from everywhere (tomorrow will be a good example I hope, unless Thomas steals the game or Price let's in a softy that get the fans out of it)

2- Even if we don't score a lot, the Bruins don't either so it's not THAT much of a problem. If we were facing Philly then yes, by all means this would be concerning.

It's not that I don't care about the offense, but I find it useless in some games, where it seems like you only make the only goalie better. I prefer when we play like game 1 and only score when we have a chance, than when we play like last game, by missing open nets, getting robbed, etc. all game long. Even games like game 4, when we can't focus on keeping a lead.

Jacques, is this you posting on HF Boards?

Old
04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
j52

It's over. Break out the Brador.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I absolutely love Moen on the Habs team.........as long as he plays on the 3rd or 4th (preferably 4th) line and gets around 11 minutes of TOI.

For the life of me (and this fuels my disgust at having Martin as our head coach), I do not know why JM thinks that Moen should play on the Gomez line.

You know it, I know it, 90% of Montreal knows it............Moen is not a top 6 (or even top 9) forward..............but Martin plays him there anyway.

Incredibly dumb on Martin's part, especially since Darche has been doing well on that line and even made Gomez look good.
I said the same thing in another thread, Moen is a 4th line LW, that's where he should be playing. I like him on the team but he needs to be played within his limits. But, I guess Martin see's no one better suited at this time.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I said the same thing in another thread, Moen is a 4th line LW, that's where he should be playing. I like him on the team but he needs to be played within his limits. But, I guess Martin see's no one better suited at this time.
Moen is a very good 4th liner,anything other than that diminishes his value and hurts the team.

Old
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Moen is a very good 4th liner,anything other than that diminishes his value and hurts the team.
I disagree. Moen needs one or two other big guys on his line and he's absolutely amazing. He'll hit, chase, crash. When he plays with small players all the pressure is on him to be physical and then he's useless - it's psychological, if I'm certain to be pounded shift in, shift out, I'll just dump and change. When he plays with skilled players he's even more invisible.

I like the guy but he doesn't fit the team make-up.

Old
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I disagree. Moen needs one or two other big guys on his line and he's absolutely amazing. He'll hit, chase, crash. When he plays with small players all the pressure is on him to be physical and then he's useless - it's psychological, if I'm certain to be pounded shift in, shift out, I'll just dump and change. When he plays with skilled players he's even more invisible.

I like the guy but he doesn't fit the team make-up.
He'd look good next to white and konopka

Old
04-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
True, I guess. Problem with Moen is, his skillset is such that he wouldn't be any less effective if you duct taped a pair of crutches or a 2x4 to his hands. I'd love to see him and Gill in a skills comp showdown, lol. Worst. Puck skills. Ever.

Old
04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I absolutely love Moen on the Habs team.........as long as he plays on the 3rd or 4th (preferably 4th) line and gets around 11 minutes of TOI.

For the life of me (and this fuels my disgust at having Martin as our head coach), I do not know why JM thinks that Moen should play on the Gomez line.

You know it, I know it, 90% of Montreal knows it............Moen is not a top 6 (or even top 9) forward..............but Martin plays him there anyway.

Incredibly dumb on Martin's part, especially since Darche has been doing well on that line and even made Gomez look good.
You don't think that it's to create space for them in a tight checking playoff game? Moen goes in the dirty areas and frees up Gio and Gomez to handle the puck plus he handles more of the defensive side.

Using your logic, all NHL coaches are dumb because you see those types of guys playing on top lines at times throughout the league. Plus, it's only about 20-25% of the time when he wants to shake things up or when we have injuries(Pacioretty). Just because a coach doesn't buy in to your views it doesn't make them dumb.

Closed Thread