HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

ECQF | Game 6 | Bruins @ Canadiens | April 26ᵗʰ | 7PM EDT | CBC, RDS, VS, NESN

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2011, 11:13 PM
The Goalie Mask

vCash: 500
Just like alot of people, I don't have a good feeling about our chances of winning.

In this series, Boston adjusted their game after the adversity we created in the first two games and in the fifth game.

The fifth game we had 3 leads that we couldn't protect. The next game was very close but our team should of come out alot stronger than they did and win. But they didn't raise their game level. This has only increased Boston's confidence. We made alot of mistakes in the last game and we were lucky that they didn't capitalize. We also were not able to close on our chances.

It doesn't look good.

To win, like always, our goalie will have to stand on his head, and the rest of the team will have to make no denfensive mistakes in our end. And we will also have to find away to score a few goals. That is very difficult task for this current group of forwards.

I really wish Gauthier would of made a trade at the deadline for an impact forward....even Kovalev could of help us with our powerplay and timely goals....we really have absolutely no threats upfront.

Last edited by The Goalie Mask: 04-25-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goalie Mask View Post
I really wish Gauthier would of make trade at the deadline for an impact forward....even Kovalev couldn't of help us with our powerplay and timely goals....we really have absolutely no threats upfront.
Gauthier probably didn't count on Pacioretty getting destroyed by a Chara hissy fit. I'm sure if Pacioretty was playing, healthy, this series would be over by now.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
If Wiz can't go the head says Bruins win.

And seriously with a mobile, PP guy like him not playing we decide to throw in Mara as a suitable replacement? Really? What a ****in joke. Stickin to the vets all the time is such BS...Vebaire deserves a shot.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
The Goalie Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
Gauthier probably didn't count on Pacioretty getting destroyed by a Chara hissy fit. I'm sure if Pacioretty was playing, healthy, this series would be over by now.
Even before Patches got injured, we needed more help upfront. This has been our problem all year and Gauthier was aware of this but did nothing.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Even before Patches got injured, we needed more help upfront. This has been our problem all year and Gauthier was aware of this but did nothing.
What did you want him to do? Trade a 1st rounder and a prospect for Dustin PEENER?

Old
04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Only if the Bruins horrid inconsistency continued. Honestly, this was a weak year for Cammalleri and an atrocious one for Gomez. We need more than just Pacioretty to be a cup contender.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Shadyone33

Real nice GDT! Looks incredible.

Habs 2-0. Cammy and Eller.

Old
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
The Goalie Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
What did you want him to do? Trade a 1st rounder and a prospect for Dustin PEENER?
Kovalev would of been just fine and he would of been cheap and low riks move that could of help us...he's Bruin killer!

Old
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Only if the Bruins horrid inconsistency continued. Honestly, this was a weak year for Cammalleri and an atrocious one for Gomez. We need more than just Pacioretty to be a cup contender.
I think Cammalleri had a subpar regular season because of injuries. I think he's played well in the playoffs. He had a couple of turnovers in the 2nd OT, but he played over 30 minutes. Anyway, I think he'll get a goal tomorrow.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:08 AM
THE HOFF

can anyone confirm chris lee is getting the game ?

guys it all comes down to this ; who would you go to war with ?

looking at both teams on paper, sure there is plenty to like about boston, but honestly ... even andrei kostisyn is showing signs of becoming a playoff warrior. You look at gionta, gomez, cammy, plek, A.kos ... moen, darche, halpern, white .... gill, subban, hamrlik ect... you just know these guys are going to war tomorrow. I'd rather go into game 7 having won game 6. When its all said and done, you go all the way or lose depending on the amount of belief and courage you have in the room, not the amount of talent. we have enough character to warrant optimism... make it even more painful for the bruins in 7 ... get their coach fired and rightfully label their team as epic chokers.

plus, we got jeff ... enough said.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Stradale

Can we just get some offense from other guys than Cammy, Gio, AK, Plek and PK please?

Feels like Gomez and the bottom 6 will never score a goal for us.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Can we just get some offense from other guys than Cammy, Gio, AK, Plek and PK please?

im ok with getting more from those guys cause i think theres a better chance of that than getting it from anywhere else.

Gionta needs to take the team on his back or Subban should be captain.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

I just want some goals period, from anyone. We have 1 goal in the last 5+ periods.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:30 AM
habtastic

Quote:
This seems to be lost on many people

What happens, happens, but I feel like our team is going to make sure that bounces don't decide this game like they did the last few. PP success, this is the key.

I shaved too. GO HABS GO!

Old
04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Those 5 have 8 goals in 5 games. We could use more goals from everyone.

I don't care if Price shoots the puck down and it goes in. A goal is a goal. Hell, if Scott Gomez scored 6 goals in one game and we won 6 - whatever that would be great. Though, scoring 6 goals in 1 game would put him 1 behind how many he had in the season over 80 games.

Cams - Pleks - Akost
Moen - Eller - Gio
Darche - Halpern - White
Pyatt - Gomer - Pools/Weber

What clearer message to send to Gomez that he's useless than to make him play on the 4th line in an elimination game. Not too mention, to show Eller that he's an important part of this team moving forward and that he's been playing well by entrusting him with 2nd line duties and somewhat more capable players (Gio)

What will really happen.

Moen/Darche/Pools/Youppi - Gomer - Gio
Cams - Pleks - Akost
Moen/Darche - Halpern - Pyatt
Pools/Weber - Eller - White

4th line is sat 10 minutes into the 1st. Gomez makes a terrible pass, Spacek falls and Boston scores. Eller is benched and never sees the ice again. White is benched shortly after that for being too physical. If it's Pools, he was benched after the puck was dropped. If it's Weber he'll just get benched along with White.

Martin starts to roll 3 lines, but quickly stops using the 3rd line and just rotates them as wingers on the Gomez line.

We're down 3-1 going into the 3rd. Habs play defensive, wait for your opportunity hockey until 6ish minutes to go before they realize that Boston is content to keep the puck in the habs zone and not really forecheck because Julien likes to sit back and play wait hockey too. Habs put on a furious attack on the Bruins getting closer each time and Bruins fans become nervous and very concerned that they'll break soon, but at the 1:30 mark left in the 3rd the habs attack suddenly becomes disorganized, slow and not as dangerous because the 2 lines + rotating wingers are out of sync with each other and tired from playing 35 minutes of the game themselves. They're frustrated and no longer can get into the Bruins zone. They finally get it in deep with 37 seconds to go, only to lose the board battle because they have 5'9 Cammalleri, 5'7 Gionta, 5'11 Gomez and just coming off the bench 6'0 Andrei Kostitsyn. Akost decides to go for the hit and effectively stops his man, but that creates a 2 on 2 where it's Subban and stupid Hamrlik. Hamrlik gets blown by and hooks on to a player enough to get a penalty, but not enough to take him down. Subban sprawls on the ice like he always does to break up the pass across, but it doesn't work and Lucic gets the goal making the score 4-1.

Bruins celebrate with a chorus of boos. As the remaining time ticks down the habs fans there start chanting "ole" for some odd reason. Handshake takes place. Habs skate to their dressing room and give out the same old clichés. Pierre Gauthier takes a vacation and his scheduled date of return June 23rd to focus on the draft, then on June 26th he starts to focus on our impending free agents.
Come on jinx!

Old
04-26-2011, 01:29 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Of course we need more than Pacioretty, but who was available that would have made this team into a contender? Dustin Penner? That worked out well for L.A. didn't it? Pacioretty was on pace for 30+ goals this season. If people think that he wouldn't have been a huge help in games 4 and 5, then I don't know what to tell you.

People also forget that, as the trade deadline approached, we were down our best defense man and one of the key pieces to last years playoff run. These had to be replaced, and honestly, were more pressing than getting a big guy up front.

If Gauthier had acquired some rental winger, he wouldn't have been able to get Wiz, Sopel or Mara and everyone would be complaining that he didn't get a replacement for Gorges and Markov.

Old
04-26-2011, 01:29 AM
habtastic

thing is, Gomez is the big ?

he could completely dominate the bruins defence down low and off the rush and set up what hopefully Gio will convert, or Darche.

OR

none of that

I think he already knows how shiite he is, putting him on the 4th line is only to protect us from his poor play BUT although an unpopular opinion, he might have one whale of a game and channel all the NJ Devils he was giving shoutouts to (LOL Jay Pandolfo!) after game 1. We need good passing and conversions. Thomas slides around way too much. Make him move laterally once, pass back and bury that sucker. Gomez is capable of this. The thing I'm wary of is Moen on that line. Darche seems to create space for Gio and Gomez. Moen is good on the third line. If Halpern takes the faceoffs for the third line (Eller hasn't been terrible, but Halpern is Halpern) and moves to wing when it's clear, then it could be effective.

The bottom line is very simple. Crisp passing. Know where your linemates are going. Execution. When we are good at this, we win games and we look good doing it. We are also very capable of doing this to the bruins. Anybody notice that when the puck comes to Cammy or whoever is in the top right circle position (during a cycle) we never get a good quick shot off or it's a bad angle or we don't shoot and keep looking for a pass through the slot that bounces away? Those need to go in like last year. Devise a play to make that happen. Please no useless dump and chase. If you're gonna dump it, please have someone going to forecheck with the intent of getting it.

It is also possible that AK scores 3 goals by sheer will. Just sayin. Not unfathomable.

I'd see how Gomez comes out of the gate then adjust. I'm betting the farm on Weber being in the lineup due to our crap PP.

Old
04-26-2011, 01:33 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Kovalev would of been just fine and he would of been cheap and low riks move that could of help us...he's Bruin killer!
Kovalev's cap hit is 5mil, and Pittsburgh could only afford him because Malkin is on LTIR

Old
04-26-2011, 01:47 AM
habtastic

Pacioretty was doing everything we needed to have a full top6. There was no need for Kovalev. The guy was on fire, going to the net, sniping, hitting. Gauthier knew this season without Marky and Gorges was gonna be a let's see what happens with this very capable group without jeopardizing the future one.

This talk about Kovalev. He is a mix between Cammy and Gomez and PK, not necessarily in a good way. Cammy is the one who should be scoring. He's playing well but can play better. The Gomez wave is f'd cuz the best option is Darche instead of MP and I love Darche, he just doesn't have the presence of Patches. Our options are now...pass to PK, pass to PK or pass to PK. Wiz might get a shot in there but it's predictable and usually gets blocked. All we need to do is set up (we have not been doing that at alllll on the PP), move the puck around and wait for the right opportunity.

Our team was fine after the trade deadline. I wasn't expecting a Cup, but certainly this grudge match needs to be won. Now it's all down to execution. Plain and simple. Finish our chances and that's it. Then triple shift Pyatt, Pleks and Gio.

Old
04-26-2011, 01:51 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

All In V-cash!

Old
04-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Joseph LaMonica

Send a message via AIM to Joseph LaMonica
Usually just read here in enemy territory, but had to comment on the awesome GDT.

Since I'm here my prediction is 5-2 Bruins, but I'd be happy with another exiting game in this awesome series.

Old
04-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Hezza

109 G tomorrow. almost died of heart attacks every 2 minutes of the last game. depending on what happens, not sure i'll make it out of this one alive.

Old
04-26-2011, 03:14 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

So yea I am going SECT 312 ROW BB.

I have no expectations. I really have no clue what to expect. One thing I hope is if we do lose tomorrow and the season ends, I hope fans stay and applaud them. It was a tough season with injuries and most of them battled very hard throughout.

That being said, I hope I leave the Bell Centre in a great mood with a game 7 looming 21 hours later.

GO HABS GO!

Old
04-26-2011, 04:11 AM
slimkay

Quote:

Funny because Gomez is tied for SECOND in points right now, behind Cammalleri, despite playing 3-4 minutes a game less than him or Plekanec and Gionta.

Old
04-26-2011, 04:30 AM
SpokedLightning
Tampa Bound

vCash: 167
Very Nice GDT. Here is to a hard fought and entertaining game.

Closed Thread