HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Sharks Series/Season Postmortem

Old
04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Solmors

vCash: 300
I would also like to voice my appreciation of the Kings fans here, a bunch of classy people.

Solmors is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Prince

vCash: 500
Kings showed much more then I thought they would in this series with out Kopi. They had great chances to win games 1,3,6. Sharks played well and got a lot of bounces.
Stay healthy next year and this team will go much further then 1st round.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Once Kopitar went out for the season, I knew the Kings would have a serious uphill climb against whoever they faced in the playoffs. They played with a great deal of heart, and I think they put up a better fight in this year's playoffs than last years, while facing down some real adversity.

Jesus, I can't believe the offseason has already started for this team. Well, at least the Ducks are also out, and they went out like a $2 trick; so that's some small consolation. Here's to hoping VAN craps the bed tomorrow against CHI. I may even be rooting just a little bit for the Sharks to make a run at the Cup. They've got some serious defense & goaltending issues, but their forward depth is pretty hard to match.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
They blew a 4-0 lead and couldn't keep their season alive on a 5 minute major. A loss well earned, I'd say.

I pretty much stopped investing after Game 3.
Some "fan" you are.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Great series guys. Everyone GROSSLY underestimated the Kings. They really pushed the Sharks to the brink. This series is different if Kopi was healthy. This is the first time in my five years here on HF that I actually had a good time in the GDTs with the other team's fans. You guys are a great, and lighthearted, bunch. It would rule to see some of you guys in Anaheim when we do our infestation next year. I would be honored to drink a large amount of beer and taunt the Ducks fan with you guys
That actually sounds like a lot of fun. We can all take over the puddle!!!

We'll do an Infestation, if some of you guys can come down for a Duck Roast.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quattro

Great effort. Tough loss. They won 2 more games than I thought they would going in.

Fine efforts by a lot of players: Richie, Clifford, Simmonds, Williams, Smythe, JJ, Martinez, Stoll and especially Quick.

Agree that Doughty needs to be better.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cneil99

I actually met Joe Thornton last year at the olympics, really nice guy. I hate his guts now

cneil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Orenji

Meh, Richardson/Clifford/Simmonds had a bad game, but you can't expect those guys to carry a team. They're a great third line, but Murray was giving them first line minutes. They could destroy most bottom six lines in the league, but they're going to get burned in games against people like Marleau and Heatly.

We still need a first line. Kopitar and Williams or Brown is a good start. Hopefully Schenn can come in next season and have a Calder-like season that Couture had.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
DaAnimal

A couple of words of encouragement:

GREAT SEASON

GREAT PLAYOFF

Regardless what the outcome was, we had a really good season. We have a tremendous amount of talent and I just can't wait for next season.

We almost forced the Sharks to a game 7. We didn't even have kopitar on our team. Imagine how dangerous we will be next season when we have brayden schenn in the 2nd line. Don't loose your hopes boys! DONT GIVE UP IN FAITH, WE SHALL FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!

Props to:
JJ - improved his game defensively and offensively. He also had a good playoff series.
JM - So glad we signed him again. He's always on the run and is never afraid to attack, what a turn around season he's had this year!
Scuds/Mitchell - You two were the backbone of our defense, solid solid D. Thank you so much for your hardwork!
Stoll - What a beast you are in the faceoffs/shootouts, you deserve an extension!
Lewis - Solid season and a great performance post season. Work on your finisher and you'll be a solid 20 goal scorer! I have faith in your buddy!
Cliff - YOU'RE MY BOY CLIFF!
Kopi - If you weren't injured we would have rocked the sharks
Smyth - Even though i consider you an old timer, you surprised me a couple of times this year, love you!
Brown - Keep tapping those goals in the net buddy! Great season and great post season performance.

DD - Not a terrible season but definitely disappointed me. I hope next season youll come out ever stronger and prove everyone that you are going to lead this team to victory
Wayno - Hopefully youll score 20 goals next season, you had a good solid season this year.
Penner - I still have faith in you. I hope you'll be in better condition next season, we're going to need more hustle and speed from you!

Did i miss any important players?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
You don't win your home games though, you're unlikely to win any series.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

Sickening how many time that cross ice pass burned us this series....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Some "fan" you are.
Hey, I'm being a realist. On the plus side, I feel absolutely fine after the loss tonight. So there's that.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
edgeicator

Can we borrow Doughty/Mitchell? Please? Pretty Please? I can't stand having Wallin on our team.

edgeicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:17 AM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

Hell of a series Kings fans. Your team is built to last with all that highly skilled youth.

Also, props to you, the fans, for always being a great group to converse with on the main board, and (when you chose to) on the Sharks forum.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeicator View Post
Can we borrow Doughty/Mitchell? Please? Pretty Please? I can't stand having Wallin on our team.
Doughty was awful.

You would be better off with Scuderi/Mitchell or Johnson/Mitchell.

Mitchell was a rock star this postseason.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Youngblood93

I find it very fitting that the powerplay did them in. That was a horrible call that went again McGinn but the Kings couldn't get it set up and Doughty fumbles the puck with no one on him, just awful.

Lewis and Clifford was great this year.

Simmonds was up and down this year but had a hell of a playoff

JJ continues to get better.

Williams had a big year

WM was a great pick up and Scuds was very solid again

Doughty took a step back in my opinion. Kid needs to grow up and fast.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MxH0CKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Great series guys. Everyone GROSSLY underestimated the Kings. They really pushed the Sharks to the brink. This series is different if Kopi was healthy. This is the first time in my five years here on HF that I actually had a good time in the GDTs with the other team's fans. You guys are a great, and lighthearted, bunch. It would rule to see some of you guys in Anaheim when we do our infestation next year. I would be honored to drink a large amount of beer and taunt the Ducks fan with you guys
Class . Great series for both teams, I thought they these two teams have promoted hockey in California to possibly the next level! Seems like Thornton has waked up this playoffs, you guys will need him. Just promise to not win a cup.. :knock on wood:

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM
123slam

It's really, really unacceptable how the Kings have played at home for THEIR ****ing fans. It's embarrassing and I'm ashamed of the team for that...and for game 3.

Nevertheless, I'm ****ing proud of many guys on this team, and I'm disgusted by a few select players.

Smyth - thank you for making up for your ****** end to the season.
Clifford - <3
Richardson - you deserve that 3rd line center spot next year.
Lewis - you're an outstanding player and your goal was HUGE. But keep working on that offense kiddo.
Quick - you were, by far, the better goaltender. Hats off to you, but watch out for Bernier because I don't think you're gonna outplay him.

Doughty - you really let me down. Shame on you and you better mature this ****ing offseason. No weed for you!

Don't really wanna go on anymore. I'm numb and it hurts (holy contradiction)

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I wonder how different things would have been with Kopi.

I can't wait to see that number 11 jersey on the ice again.
There's no doubt in my mind the Kings wold have made it to the 2nd round with Kopitar in the lineup, possibly beyond depending on matchups. Huge blow this year. HUGE.

Lanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... I'll just say this.

For those of you who derided Thornton before the series, I guess that goal is for you? For all of the times the Kings have come up short as the perpetual underdogs in the playoffs, I'm also guessing that by now you'd learn to respect your opponent. It's embarrassing.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:19 AM
edgeicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Doughty was awful.

You would be better off with Scuderi/Mitchell or Johnson/Mitchell.

Mitchell was a rock star this postseason.
Doesn't matter if Doughty was awful. Wallin was worse. I think he directly caused, what 3-5 goals due to turn overs? 3 million for a bottom pairing dman is a joke.

edgeicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:19 AM
razzy

Ahhhh, could see early on that Cliffy and Simmer were squeezing the stick tonight and that line ended up a minus 10 combined. They were totally overmatched by Joe and wish TM would have caught that and avoided the matchup.

razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
Hey, I'm being a realist. On the plus side, I feel absolutely fine after the loss tonight. So there's that.

Wow.... So what's the point? Do us a favor.

Just go jump on someones bandwagon.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeicator View Post
How are the burgers in SJ? You'll need to answer that before Doughty decides to come over.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Granted, I only saw the last 5 minutes of the 2nd, and the 3rd and OT...

But 2 PP goals, and you are blaming the PP? The last 3 minutes, they had some solid chances, the bounces didn't happen....

I agree, Kompon needs to go, but guys, **** happens, there is no blame in this one game, from what I saw it was an exciting, entertaining game by both teams.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote