HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR offers Wayne Primeau 1.1 Mill...

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
NYR offers Wayne Primeau 1.1 Mill...

... but he rejets and signs with the sharks, now a signing like that is a good one a good 3rd line/4th line depth FWD, I could see him being a good type leader. Well anyway just incase no one new i figured I would pass it along. I assume sather and Co is still out there looking to make some sort of trade or some signings so lets hope out of all this he gets some good young players.

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Rangers have had "ongoing discussions" with UFA forward Chris Gratton. Brooks claims the Leafs also expressed interest but they're now more seriously pursuing Eric Lindros. The Blueshirts were also interested in Wayne Primeau but he rejected their $1.1 million offer to re-sign for the same money with the San Jose Sharks.

Spector's Note: The days when the Rangers pursued the cream of the free agent markets seem far, far away now, doesn't it? Ah, but watch out for the Blueshirts when next summer's UFA market rolls around, and some of the best available players are in their late-twenties

Old
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Personally i'd take Gratton over Primeau.

Old
08-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Onion Boy

Wasn't Primeau a RFA? Doesn't seem like a player worth poaching.

Old
08-11-2005, 08:25 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I'd rather have our young 3rd/4th line depth players playing in NHL games than Wayne Primeau.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Fletch

sjb...

I'm not positive but I think Primeau may not have been qualified and became UFA.

Old
08-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Graveytrain

but he rejected their $1.1 million offer to re-sign for the same money with the San Jose Sharks.

We'll be hearing that for a few years yet... insert different name and dollar amount

Old
08-11-2005, 10:20 PM
natureboy*

It is amazing how no one wants to come here. This organization is going to have a very difficult time to get players to come here. This must be good news for Bettman, but bad for Ranger fans

Old
08-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Wayne Primeau is NOT what the Rangers need. I don't understand why he was even extended an offer to come here. We have young players who can kill penalties and young players to play on checking lines and they need experience doing both. Signing Primeau would have been a stupid move.

Old
08-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
It is amazing how no one wants to come here. This organization is going to have a very difficult time to get players to come here. This must be good news for Bettman, but bad for Ranger fans
Why would an experienced veteran, who has only a few years of effective play left in him, want to come to a rebuilding team that should be several years away from the playoffs, much less contending for the Stanley Cup? It really doesn't make sense.

Several younger players seemed to have jumped at the chance though. Not suprising--rebuilding teams offer a chance to prove everyone wrong--getting lots of ice time can do that for a young player.

I'm thrilled that the Wayne Primeau's of the NHL don't want to come here.

Old
08-12-2005, 08:21 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Winning the Draft or having it the normal way when we deserved it- to get crosby would have changed things dramically. All of a sudden Pittsburgh is on everyones list to play.. cmon.. Pittsburgh? Players are "intrigued" to playt there. Ive heard it several times.

Closed Thread