HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers - Lineup

Old
04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
He's one of the main players I want to take a shot on. Jussi has incredible skill, and the last 2 seasons he's finally been able to put it together, even on a pretty marginal team in the Hurricanes.
I am a big Jussi fan too. When he gets hot, dude is a menace.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:19 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Wolski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Wojtek Wolski.
Wolski's career high in goals is 25, he's only hit 20 goals twice, and he has 91 goals in 393 career NHL games.

So no, he's not a goal scoring winger.

04-25-2011, 06:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If we can get a guy like Jokinen and Richards i'd consider the off-season a big success.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Wojtek Wolski.
agreed Wolski, they are not buying him out. Sign Richards and go with a top 6 of Richards, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and then either Wolskii, Zuccarello and Stepan, Anisimov.

Whoever earns time earns it

Cant wait to see Jussi Jokinen on some peoples list when the guy was a waiver claim

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79
agreed Wolski, they are not buying him out. Sign Richards and go with a top 6 of Richards, Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and then either Wolskii, Zuccarello and Stepan, Anisimov.

Whoever earns time earns it

Cant wait to see Jussi Jokinen on some peoples list when the guy was a waiver claim
Bryzgalov was also a waiver claim, yet he's now one of the most coveted goaltenders in the NHL.

That means nothing. Jokinen is a good player who can score, although I'm wary of the contract he could potentially garner.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Offseason for me is basically Richards or GTFO. Nothing really interests me outside of him. Maybe grab a solid 3rd pairing vet on D but that's it. Stay the course.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Yup and GET RID OF DRURY

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
gravytrain6t

I was thinking about this topic as well and for me the biggest concerns revolve around Gaborik (will he stay healthy, and if so, can he put up numbers like he did in 09'-10') and whether or not the Rangers will buy out Drury's (and or maybe Wolski's, Avery's, and a few others) contract in order to obtain Richards.

If not, next season if anything, will likely be very similar to the one we just saw. Before this season started, I certainly expected the Devils to make it into the playoffs over the Rangers. It will be interesting to see how they handle some of their own issues.

In 09'-10', I think it's safe to say (when considering he's not getting any younger) Prospal's performance exceeded expectations going from 45 pts and a -20/82gp to 58 pts and a +8/75gp. This season he only played in 29 games and probably would have put up similar stats to last season's if not for the injury.

Next season, healthy or not, imo he will be gone, as well as McCabe and Frolov (not sure about Feds and Eminger). According to Staple, If Gilroy is willing to sign for less than 1.75 (the amount he made in his previous contract) he will be back. Even if he does come back, I think you still need to hold onto Eminger, unless they obtain someone else from outside the organization.

Cally, Dubi, Art, and bb will all be back along with Prust who had to be at least in the top 5 as far as sh goals go. He certainly contributed in the "toughness" department (If the Rangers didn't finish #1 in the league in hits then again, they had to be top 5). Not to mention, we all know he takes on anyone in a fight (Sather gets at least one check next to his name for completing that deal).

So along with Stepan and Gaborik, that gives you at least 7 forwards who for certain, will be back.

The "I don't knows" include Wolski, Christensen, Boogaard, Avery, and Drury. IMO, Avery is the only player I'd consider keeping on board. The other 4 are only good in one, maybe two areas at this point.

Assuming one of them stays, then you've gotten nearly 3 lines right there with Zuccarello, Hagelin, Bourque, Grachev, and (fingers still crossed) Kreider in the mix.

2 pairs of "d" men are already in place but the third pairing is up for grabs. Either Gilroy or Eminger will get a spot, and the 9th spot will either come from a trade, or go to one of DZ/Valentenko/Kundratek (imo).

With the Rangers drafting 15th overall Staple was talking about the possibility of Sather making some kind of package deal (according to Staple, "the Rangers are looking outside the organization for a veteran defense man capable of providing more offense and a good forward." Leino's name was the only one mentioned).

My apologies. That information I put in bold, did not come from Zipay. He may have written it somewhere else however. The stuff about Gilroy and potential trades came from Arthur Staple.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 04-25-2011 at 09:55 PM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Bryzgalov was also a waiver claim, yet he's now one of the most coveted goaltenders in the NHL.

That means nothing. Jokinen is a good player who can score, although I'm wary of the contract he could potentially garner.
good point you can find gems. Jokinen was dealt in a package for Richards

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Not that I think the Rangers will do any of this, but this is mine.

Dubinsky<A>-Anisimov-Callahan<C>
Tanguay-Stepan-Gaborik
Kreider-LaRose-Zuccarello
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal<A>-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Erskine/O'Brien-Gilroy/Del Zotto

I'm taking a long term approach here. I added a few players who I think could improve our chances at a playoff run while we wait for the right time to make a splash. I don't think we're ready yet, I'm shooting for 2013 or 2014 for a deep run. I'm hoping for cheap, short contracts for LaRose and Tanguay. LaRose is a scrappy player who fits the system and scores a little. Tanguay is a solid veteran playmaker off the wing who adds depth. Erskine/O'Brien, either one, is the crease-clearer we desperately need; could serve as a stop-gap while McIlrath fills out. The 6 spot is up for grabs between Gilroy and Del Zotto. I'm leaning Gilroy if he keeps taking risks and jumping in like he did in the playoffs. Gilroy needs to be coached well to get results. I've traded Wolski, but I have no idea what we'd get in return which could potentially change the lineup, but probably not because I don't see us getting a starter for him. I know noone's gonna like this cause it's a little bit conservative but I still think we're a team on the rise so I'm being patient.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
NYRangers77

Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Prospal/Cole/Jokinen-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-MZA
Fedetenko-Boyle-Prust
Christensen

Staal - Markov
MDZ - Girardi
McD - Sauer
Eminger

Last edited by NYRangers77: 04-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers77 View Post
Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Prospal/Cole-Stepan-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-MZA
Fedetenko-Boyle-Prust
Christensen

Staal - Markov
MDZ - Girardi
McD - Sauer
Eminger
Markov has not been able to stay healthy the last two seasons... signing him is like Malakhov all over again, pass and I suspect even Sather will pass on him too. Erik Cole is a player that I would love to get as he fits the identity of this team, scores goals and goes hard to the net with excellent speed. He is a RWer though so he won't be on the same line as Callahan and I see this team as adding a 1st line center and maybe a 1st or 2nd line LW. If we somehow ended up with Cole (which I highly doubt as I see him re-signing with the Canes) I wonder where and who he plays with.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2011, 11:14 PM
NYRangers77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Markov has not been able to stay healthy the last two seasons... signing him is like Malakhov all over again, pass and I suspect even Sather will pass on him too. Erik Cole is a player that I would love to get as he fits the identity of this team, scores goals and goes hard to the net with excellent speed. He is a RWer though so he won't be on the same line as Callahan and I see this team as adding a 1st line center and maybe a 1st or 2nd line LW. If we somehow ended up with Cole (which I highly doubt as I see him re-signing with the Canes) I wonder where and who he plays with.

I put Markov in there for PP purposes and with the health issue Im sure would be cheaper, not sure if I want another fragile player but if hes healthy hes a pp machine. I just threw Cole on the LW to fit him in some how. That roster but lines can be tweaked would be nice and I think could actually score on the powerplay of course depending on markovs health. If not you have to bring in some sort of vet dman not named mccabe.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

What if Richards sign elsewhere? That would suck and I bet this board will go nuts.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
What if Richards sign elsewhere? That would suck and I bet this board will go nuts.
Stay the course, maybe take a flier on shorter term deal for the second tier guys. Honestly, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Our team is going to be better next year with or without Richards.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 03:12 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Prospal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello/Ryder
Fedetenko - Boyle - Prust
Veteran UFA 13th forward

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Del Zotto - Valentenko/Gilroy/UFA
I agree with much of this post, but I think the 3rd line needs work. Then again Hagelin should get a chance to earn a spot just like I hope that guys like Grachev, Dupont, Weise and Kolarik do too.

no point in signing a vet UFA if they keep Fedotenko

I think its Gilroy or Eminger not both which leaves a shot for 1 of these guys

Valentenko
Pashnin
Kundratek

I like Zucarello fits the role that Christensen had this past season but I like Wolski more than Mats at this point

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Zuccarello
Feds/Avery - Boyle - Prust
Extra: Feds/Avery

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
MDZ - Gilroy*

* - denotes player that could be supplanted via free agency or another player in the system
That would be mine line up too if they can't trade Wolski's salary (otherwise I'd give Prospal another try). Also, I'd let Grachev, Zucc, Hagelin (and maybe Kreider and other youngsters) compete for spots on Stepan wing.

Same on 3rd D pair - Valentenko and Kundratek should get a chance to earn a spot too.

My overall point is that I'd like to see continuity in the line-up instead of yearly roster turn-over and continue to (slowly) bring youngsters who are ready. And of course depth in case of injuries.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
SpezDispenser

Now is the time to spend some money and get Brad Richards.

I've never been a fan of the Rangers - expect for Lundqvist, so this comes 100% unbiased - I think the Rangers will be one of the teams to beat in 2 years. Beautiful array of young players from Anisimov to Stepan to Kreider and on and on. So unbelievably impressed with Girardi as well - reminds me a lot of a young Volchenkov.

I think the future's really bright for you guys.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Ola

I don't know what the team will look like next season, but the below should be quoted for the truth if we ever want to build a contender..

Building a Cup-winning team is darn hard these days.

You cannot just evalute the game, decide what the best way to build a team is, and go for it. Because its perfectly possible that the best way to build a team turns out to impossible to execute since the players would be too expensive. Its very close to assume that the best way to, not build the best possible team, but to build a cup-winning team in the cap era -- is to build a team, and play in a way, were its possible to carry FLAWED PLAYERS (cheap) and still get something from them. Undoubtedly thats what Pittsburg have done in one way, and Detroit in another way. Pittsburg could stick flawed players next to Sid and Evg. M. and still get top 2 line production from them. Detroit can carry dinosaurs (Holmström can't skate to save his life) who only gets by because 2-3 guy in each unit move the puck so darn well.

In this regard, more then anything else, I question John Tortorella's approch tremendously. I can tell you this, you won't find a very talented player who have size, who always work hard and finnish every check, for a bargin. Like a line needs size, speed and skill. You can find three bargins where one player contributes with speed, the other with size and the third with skill for a cheap dollar (look at Detroit), but you cannot find three players with a little bit of each for a bargin. Torts needs to be able to get production from flawed players. Thats just a fact.

I think its very important that we are able to add to this team EXACTLY what it needs. We need to be darn smart when building it. No players are available and extremely few trades are made, still we need not only to be able to make good trades, we need to be able to put together a very tricky puzzle.

Many claim that this team is way off from even being a top 8 team in the east, still we are very close to the cap. How are we supposed to improve again? Drury's contract will be eaten up entirely by the RFA's. Its not like we got WW and turned down a bunch of better options, WW is what you get for like a 3.8m per and a Rozi.

In other words, ITS TIME TO LIFT EVERY FREAKIN STONE AND COME UP WITH SOME HUGE STEALS TO MAKE THIS TEAM A CONTENDER.

We cannot pay big dollars for a James Wishnevski who just aren't good enough in any regard, who will be expensive and who really isn't that good. We need to be a lot more creatiev then that. We need to take a kid like MZA and turn him into a 35+35 star, some of you question him? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work. We need to take MDZ and turn him into a very good offensive minded D. Some of you question him? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work. We need to take Gabby and turn him into a franchise sniper again. Some of you question his attitude? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work.

But we cannot just only fix things from within either. We probably need to add someone like Richards and a big steal or two from the outside to make this team complete. The Islanders got Chara from nowhere. We need to make a move like that too.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't know what the team will look like next season, but the below should be quoted for the truth if we ever want to build a contender..

Building a Cup-winning team is darn hard these days.

You cannot just evalute the game, decide what the best way to build a team is, and go for it. Because its perfectly possible that the best way to build a team turns out to impossible to execute since the players would be too expensive. Its very close to assume that the best way to, not build the best possible team, but to build a cup-winning team in the cap era -- is to build a team, and play in a way, were its possible to carry FLAWED PLAYERS (cheap) and still get something from them. Undoubtedly thats what Pittsburg have done in one way, and Detroit in another way. Pittsburg could stick flawed players next to Sid and Evg. M. and still get top 2 line production from them. Detroit can carry dinosaurs (Holmström can't skate to save his life) who only gets by because 2-3 guy in each unit move the puck so darn well.

In this regard, more then anything else, I question John Tortorella's approch tremendously. I can tell you this, you won't find a very talented player who have size, who always work hard and finnish every check, for a bargin. Like a line needs size, speed and skill. You can find three bargins where one player contributes with speed, the other with size and the third with skill for a cheap dollar (look at Detroit), but you cannot find three players with a little bit of each for a bargin. Torts needs to be able to get production from flawed players. Thats just a fact.

I think its very important that we are able to add to this team EXACTLY what it needs. We need to be darn smart when building it. No players are available and extremely few trades are made, still we need not only to be able to make good trades, we need to be able to put together a very tricky puzzle.

Many claim that this team is way off from even being a top 8 team in the east, still we are very close to the cap. How are we supposed to improve again? Drury's contract will be eaten up entirely by the RFA's. Its not like we got WW and turned down a bunch of better options, WW is what you get for like a 3.8m per and a Rozi.

In other words, ITS TIME TO LIFT EVERY FREAKIN STONE AND COME UP WITH SOME HUGE STEALS TO MAKE THIS TEAM A CONTENDER.

We cannot pay big dollars for a James Wishnevski who just aren't good enough in any regard, who will be expensive and who really isn't that good. We need to be a lot more creatiev then that. We need to take a kid like MZA and turn him into a 35+35 star, some of you question him? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work. We need to take MDZ and turn him into a very good offensive minded D. Some of you question him? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work. We need to take Gabby and turn him into a franchise sniper again. Some of you question his attitude? Tough freakin luck we have zero options. He do not have to make it. Its not up to him. We cannot fail with him. Its up to us to make him work.

But we cannot just only fix things from within either. We probably need to add someone like Richards and a big steal or two from the outside to make this team complete. The Islanders got Chara from nowhere. We need to make a move like that too.
This is a phenomenal post, especially the Wisniewski part.

Took the words out of my head and put them onto this forum.

Old
04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

1. Gaborik for Brian Campbell (This re-unites Hossa and Gaborik who played great together on the Slovakia national team, while the Hawks get out from underneath Campbell's huge and long contract. They pay .4 million more to get a few years off the contract. I honestly see this as a good trade for both teams. Campbell's not as flashy as he was in Buffalo that year, but he's one of the best puck-movers and can QB a powerplay with the best of them)

2. Buy out Chris Drury (if he doesn't decide to retire due to injuries, which he may if he can't get his body into top shape by training camp. He says he's not worried about a contract year, but if he doesn't get healthy, he may change his tune. This would be a huge help for the Rangers moving forward)

3. Buy out Wojtek Wolski. He fits into that specific category where it will only count as 1/3 of his hit against the cap, I believe.

4. Sign Brad Richards (I'd go as high as 7.5 million for 6 years)

Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Grachev/Thomas Stepan Kreider
Fedotenko Anisimov Zuccarello
Avery Boyle Prust
Christensen

Staal Campbell
McDonagh Girardi
Del Zotto Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

My hope is that we can roll the three defensive pairs quite evenly at even strength throughout the season to keep Staal and Girardi more fresh come playoff time. It's quite a job to play almost 30 minutes every night for 82 games and then play 30 minutes every night with physicality amped up in the playoffs. Yes, we saw absolute warriors in Staal and Girardi CONTAIN Ovechkin, but they're capable of even more, especially Staal. He wasn't knocking Ovy on his ass like he's done in the past. He's capable of really controlling a series, defensively, if he's at 100% and fresh both mentally and physically.

I'd also play Biron a lot in the first half, and let Lundqvist get into the mentality of playing almost every game down the stretch, even if we're secured in a playoff spot, because he benefits from it, as does the team.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
1. Gaborik for Brian Campbell (This re-unites Hossa and Gaborik who played great together on the Slovakia national team, while the Hawks get out from underneath Campbell's huge and long contract. They pay .4 million more to get a few years off the contract. I honestly see this as a good trade for both teams. Campbell's not as flashy as he was in Buffalo that year, but he's one of the best puck-movers and can QB a powerplay with the best of them)

2. Buy out Chris Drury (if he doesn't decide to retire due to injuries, which he may if he can't get his body into top shape by training camp. He says he's not worried about a contract year, but if he doesn't get healthy, he may change his tune. This would be a huge help for the Rangers moving forward)

3. Buy out Wojtek Wolski. He fits into that specific category where it will only count as 1/3 of his hit against the cap, I believe.

4. Sign Brad Richards (I'd go as high as 7.5 million for 6 years)

Dubinsky Richards Callahan
Grachev/Thomas Stepan Kreider
Fedotenko Anisimov Zuccarello
Avery Boyle Prust
Christensen

Staal Campbell
McDonagh Girardi
Del Zotto Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

My hope is that we can roll the three defensive pairs quite evenly at even strength throughout the season to keep Staal and Girardi more fresh come playoff time. It's quite a job to play almost 30 minutes every night for 82 games and then play 30 minutes every night with physicality amped up in the playoffs. Yes, we saw absolute warriors in Staal and Girardi CONTAIN Ovechkin, but they're capable of even more, especially Staal. He wasn't knocking Ovy on his ass like he's done in the past. He's capable of really controlling a series, defensively, if he's at 100% and fresh both mentally and physically.

I'd also play Biron a lot in the first half, and let Lundqvist get into the mentality of playing almost every game down the stretch, even if we're secured in a playoff spot, because he benefits from it, as does the team.
Part of getting Richards to come here is having a better situation and team than he is leaving. Sure we have money but we need some top talent for him to play with. Trading gaborik and playing him between two 2nd line wingers with our big addition being Brian Campbell who is not nearly as good offensively these days isn't going to blow him away. Sather is going to buy out drury and probably wolski if he intends to upgrade by adding a gagne, jokinen, or Cole and adding a puck moving d-man like pitkanen or someone along those lines. Sather was very calculated this past summer minus boogard and I expect him to add Richards with some top tier talent as this team is lacking. Trading gaborik while his value is at an all time low is a move I don't see sather making, the promise of playing gaborik with Richards has to be intriguing to Richards.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfox View Post
people are saying stepan can be a number 1 center in the future. i think maybe tops number 2 he scored a point a game in college. but college hockey is not even close to as competetive as the chl ohl and qmjl. stepan a good player but dont compare to future number one centers as crosby malkin backstrom spezza thoprton cause I just dont see that. he can be maybe a good 2nd to third line center.

Now as far as talent it goes gaborik then wolski then maybe christianson. why people are comparing christenson to wolski is beyont me wolski n average scores 55 points minus this season. has christenson ever scored 40. wolski had 65 playing on the freakin coyotes. in junior wolski scored 128 points in 58 games playing center. I know his play without the puck is not the greatest. but how often do u say that was a bad decision or bad play by wolski when he has had the puck. not to often. he creates chances when hes got the puck. but when he deosent have the puck I admit
sometimes floats around and desent try hard.

Torts has tryed the christenson that project should be done.

try wolski at center gaborik needs a skill guy not boyle stepan anosimov arent even close to wolskis talent level.

its a new season try wolski in the middle he will have the puck more and when he has the puck he makes great plays. on the wing you get the puck flat footed with no speed or time. you need to put your most creative players in the middle.

torts give it a try
Ill take neither on my team but if i had to choose between one i would take Christ that is how bad Wolski is. I dont give a damn how many points he got in junior or with the Coyotes who by the way couldint wait to trade him... The guy does nothing for the Rangers skill wise and thats a problem because he does even worse without the puck. He has no puck protecting ability whatsoever and throws the puck away and chance he gets. He looks as lost as ive seen anyone on the ice.

I will agree with one thing from my own experience that playing on the wing for centermen is akward and not easy from my own experience but W2 has played wing for many years so i doubt that would make a difference. Hes to slow, not strong enough for a center position. Give it up.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Trade Drury and Washington's 2nd to Florida for Olesz and both team's buyout each player. Cap hit to the Ranger's is about $375k next year. Florida saves money and gets a pick.
http://www.capgeek.com/buyout_calcul...06&buyout_d=15

Buyout Wolski with a cap hit of about $465k next year.
http://www.capgeek.com/buyout_calcul...06&buyout_d=15

Combined, the Rangers need a little less than 1 million of extra cap space to allow for buyout cap hits, but the space saved is worth it.

Trade Christensen for a late round pick or waive him to the minors. Ideally, Florida sees value and wants him instead of the 2nd round pick. But that's a dream. Maybe Colorado needs a winger for a 5th or 6th round pick.

Boogaard retires, you can't take a punch with a concussion problem.

Sign UFAs Brad Richards - 7m, Tomas Fleischmann - 4.5m, Zenon Konopka 1.2m

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brian Boyle ($2.500m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.200m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) (up for grabs, could be Feds/Kreider/Grachev)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Zenon Konopka ($1.200m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.550m)
Pavel Valentenko ($1.000m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)
/ Matt Gilroy ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,500,000; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,500,000

2.500m cap space less 840k buyout cap hits = 1.66m Which is enough to sign Prospal towards the end of the season to add veteran depth for a playoff push as well as make a deal.

Last edited by vipernsx: 04-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

4.5m for Tomas ****ing Fleischmann!?!?!?!