HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Notes: Carter frustrated with scoring slump

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2011, 09:39 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGaloshes View Post
His taste in bars is certainly questionable
Could be worse...

Old
04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
you do realize that this isnt the '60s, its not Spokane or Rochester - its Philadelphia, and its the night before an important PLAYOFF game....not a couple hours after a regular season AHL game with the guys poppin some beers and playing cards on the team greyhound.
Silky you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I'm not taking time to research, but what was the Darryl Daulton event? Was Carter invited as a celebrity guest, and, having accepted, honoured his commitment?

More importantly, this is HOCKEY. Hockey players drink beer, the night before and after EVERY GAME.

In 1987, I had the privilege of buying a ticket package for the Canada Cup in Hamilton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Ca...#Playoff_round

The last two games of the best of 3 final were played at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.

The BEST thing about that was that the night before the final game, most of Team Canada was out drinking and talking hockey at Don Cherry's Bar in downtown Hamilton.

A friend called me and told me to head down. I did.

Met Mario and saw his wingspan up close. The players were spread out all over the bar mingling. Hextall and Fuhr were sitting in a booth. Michel Goulet had a knee injury and had to lean on Ray Bourque's shoulder to get up the curb on the way in.

Now, the boys only had a few beers each and headed back to their hotel just before the 11 pm curfew, but to suggest they shouldn't be out relaxing on the night before what ended up being one of the greatest games in the history of hockey is just stupid.

I have a friend whose best buddy played in the Olympics in Nagano and Salt Lake. He told us that he has never been drunk for 13 straight days since those Olympics. He said EVERY NHL player was out there drinking together and they were all totalled every night. It becomes a badge of honour. Win the drinking contest. Pick up the hot chicks. Win the tournament. Just like every other hockey tournament in the history of the friggin' world.

Suggesting that Carter or any of the other Flyers shouldn't be out relaxing the night before a game is just dumb. Especially since he wasn't scheduled to play.

It would be different if he was totalled, drinking tequila shots at 2:30 a.m. and had to play the next day. But he wasn't, was he? Now Richards, who knows?

Old
04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Silky you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I'm not taking time to research, but what was the Darryl Daulton event? Was Carter invited as a celebrity guest, and, having accepted, honoured his commitment?

More importantly, this is HOCKEY. Hockey players drink beer, the night before and after EVERY GAME.

In 1987, I had the privilege of buying a ticket package for the Canada Cup in Hamilton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Ca...#Playoff_round

The last two games of the best of 3 final were played at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.

The BEST thing about that was that the night before the final game, most of Team Canada was out drinking and talking hockey at Don Cherry's Bar in downtown Hamilton.

A friend called me and told me to head down. I did.

Met Mario and saw his wingspan up close. The players were spread out all over the bar mingling. Hextall and Fuhr were sitting in a booth. Michel Goulet had a knee injury and had to lean on Ray Bourque's shoulder to get up the curb on the way in.

Now, the boys only had a few beers each and headed back to their hotel just before the 11 pm curfew, but to suggest they shouldn't be out relaxing on the night before what ended up being one of the greatest games in the history of hockey is just stupid.

I have a friend whose best buddy played in the Olympics in Nagano and Salt Lake. He told us that he has never been drunk for 13 straight days since those Olympics. He said EVERY NHL player was out there drinking together and they were all totalled every night. It becomes a badge of honour. Win the drinking contest. Pick up the hot chicks. Win the tournament. Just like every other hockey tournament in the history of the friggin' world.

Suggesting that Carter or any of the other Flyers shouldn't be out relaxing the night before a game is just dumb. Especially since he wasn't scheduled to play.

It would be different if he was totalled, drinking tequila shots at 2:30 a.m. and had to play the next day. But he wasn't, was he? Now Richards, who knows?
This is just a typical witch hunt by a bunch of Flyer fans who have nothing better to do with their time. It's ****ing game 7 and instead of anticipating tonight's huge game, it's the usual crap by the usual trolls and a new one as well, doing whatever they can to perform character assassination on their favourite whipping boy. **** them!

Old
04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is just a typical witch hunt by a bunch of Flyer fans who have nothing better to do with their time. It's ****ing game 7 and instead of anticipating tonight's huge game, it's the usual crap by the usual trolls and a new one as well, doing whatever they can to perform character assassination on their favourite whipping boy. **** them!
Is Carter playing tonight or is he buying a round at a local bar? It would be nice if the game was prepared to get on the ice and leave it all there, but instead he is more focused on where to get a couple free drinks and some pretty ladies. Guy seems pretty disconnected with the team philosophy, just five days out frm a knee injury and he thinks it is more important to get a couple beers than to maybe be responsible and keep a low profile, even sit on the couch with some ice, compression, and elevation to hopefully get back sooner, LOSER!

Witch hunt, when he is in the public view? Come on. Maybe if he was strapping them on and getting back on the ice sooner while leading the team in goals he might get a pass, right now he is a goat.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Is Carter playing tonight or is he buying a round at a local bar? It would be nice if the game was prepared to get on the ice and leave it all there, but instead he is more focused on where to get a couple free drinks and some pretty ladies. Guy seems pretty disconnected with the team philosophy, just five days out frm a knee injury and he thinks it is more important to get a couple beers than to maybe be responsible and keep a low profile, even sit on the couch with some ice, compression, and elevation to hopefully get back sooner, LOSER!
Are you serious?

Old
04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:

Witch hunt, when he is in the public view? Come on. Maybe if he was strapping them on and getting back on the ice sooner while leading the team in goals he might get a pass, right now he is a goat.
Personally I'd rather have him drinking it up than any where near our team. Carter is the alpha dog of the frat boy mentality. Please Homer send him to a bar as far away as possible and pay his tab, so he no longer taints this team.

Next Richards, that ********* has been probably playing drunk since mid October, tell him there is an opening ceremony at the same bar and lock him in there with Carter.

I got the kerosine do you have the lighter?

Old
04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Pronger did that. As a result, he missed most of this Series.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Are you serious?
Just adding to the drama.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Personally I'd rather have him drinking it up than any where near our team. Carter is the alpha dog of the frat boy mentality. Please Homer send him to a bar as far away as possible and pay his tab, so he no longer taints this team.

Next Richards, that ********* has been probably playing drunk since mid October, tell him there is an opening ceremony at the same bar and lock him in there with Carter.

Richards is back in good graces, that elbow to the face of Kaleta was a thing of beauty.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:

Are my eyes deceiving me? Did someone incapable of spelling kerosene actually suggest burning two of our best players alive?

Wow, lynchings in 2011.....

Old
04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me? Did someone incapable of spelling kerosene actually suggest burning two of our best players alive?

Wow, lynchings in 2011.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene

Quote:
Kerosene, sometimes spelled kerosine in scientific and industrial usage
I'll take my pound of flesh now.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene

I'll take my pound of flesh now.
Wikipedia is also not a legit source of information.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:53 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Wikipedia is also not a legit source of information.
http://www.astm.org/Standards/D3699.htm

Quote:
Abstract

This specification covers two grades of kerosine suitable for use in critical kerosine burner applications: no. 1-K - a special low-sulfur grade kerosine suitable for use in nonflue-connected kerosine burner appliances and for use in wick-fed illuminating lamps, and no. 2-K - a regular grade kerosine suitable for use in flue-connected kerosine burner appliances and for use in wick-fed illuminating lamps. Kerosine shall be a refined petroleum distillate consisting of a homogeneous mixture of hydrocarbons essentially free of water, inorganic acidic or basic compounds, and excessive amounts of particulate contaminants. The flash point, distillation range, viscosity requirements, sulphur requirements, mercaptan sulphur, copper strip corrosion, freezing point, burning quality, and saybolt color shall be tested to meet the requirements prescribed.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...0&t=1303833154

Quote:
Definition of KEROSENE
: a flammable hydrocarbon oil usually obtained by distillation of petroleum and used as a fuel, solvent, and thinner
See kerosene defined for English-language learners »

Variants of KEROSENE

ker·o·sene also ker·o·sine
2 pounds would be suffice.

Old
04-26-2011, 10:56 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

If you really don't trust me, then you could bring the kerosine and I'll bring the lighter. And no amount of elbows can let Richie off the hook for his lazy and uninspired play.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
If you really don't trust me, then you could bring the kerosine and I'll bring the lighter. And no amount of elbows can let Richie off the hook for his lazy and uninspired play.
LOL Kimi, go get 'em!

Old
04-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Ms. Woof,
You better be off the computer by 5. There's an important hockey game tonight.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
i hardly ever post on here, so to call me a troll is hilarious. i stated a fact and thought it was questionable behavior during a playoff series and instead of saying "i disagree, i think its fine", you and others carried it on for like 5 pages. its ****ing game 7 cmon

is there any update on carter besides "done for the series" ?

is pronger in tonight?

Last edited by SilkyMitts: 04-26-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: :)
Old
04-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Uh oh. You shouldn't have called her "bro."

I'm gonna go hide in the closet, you're on your own

Old
04-26-2011, 11:34 AM
SilkyMitts

Quote:

haha - uhhh fixed!

Old
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Quote:
LOL Kimi, go get 'em!
LOL. Go get 'em tiger.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
i hardly ever post on here, so to call me a troll is hilarious. i stated a fact and thought it was questionable behavior during a playoff series and instead of saying "i disagree, i think its fine", you and others carried it on for like 5 pages. its ****ing game 7 cmon

is there any update on carter besides "done for the series" ?

is pronger in tonight?
Shhhh, just don't criticize Richards or Carter, they are never to be held accountable.

Old
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
I don't feel like going through all the bickering, but is there any timetable on Carter's return? Or is it just the typical day to day?

Old
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
BTW, Richie has 6 hits in this series. Briere has 15. I give him an extra five hits for the elbow, but he is still behind the voice of the dressing room, oh Danny Boy!

Old
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
MsWoof

Quote:

LOL! It was fixed before I got here!

Old
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Ms. Woof,
You better be off the computer by 5. There's an important hockey game tonight.
Murph, I'm the queen of multi-tasking and besides, I'm on my BlackBerry!

Closed Thread