Bouchard Snubbed...

Old
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Is there any way we can effectively raise a stink about this while all the hockey media's in town for the draft?
Meh, I can't say that I care enough about an award that's essentially meaningless when all is said and done.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Longer version of my Bouchard thoughts - the general gist being the PWHA snubbed a guy whose story fits the last group of Masterton winners better than the three nominees.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
It does sound plausible but the only problem is that the writers vote on this award.
Then I wonder if those players with concussions are seen in a lesser light by some writers? Especially the old school guys who were around players who got "dazed" or their "bell rung" and kept playing.

Concussions are scary as hell...I'd take a broken bone over one. At least if you break your leg you can watch TV or read a book. Even if you tear your ACL and MCL to shreds and have to retire, you'll have your brain healthy.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:05 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Longer version of my Bouchard thoughts - the general gist being the PWHA snubbed a guy whose story fits the last group of Masterton winners better than the three nominees.
Good choice of clip.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Caior89

Joke!
Langkow's played 4 games and is 34 old and seriously.. Lapierre?
Emery is ok but concussion and head injuries are far more dangerous.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Then I wonder if those players with concussions are seen in a lesser light by some writers? Especially the old school guys who were around players who got "dazed" or their "bell rung" and kept playing.

Concussions are scary as hell...I'd take a broken bone over one. At least if you break your leg you can watch TV or read a book. Even if you tear your ACL and MCL to shreds and have to retire, you'll have your brain healthy.
Its okay Crosby has the award locked up for next year

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

When I heard this news about 90 minutes ago the NHL just lost me as a fan. I'm disgusted by what transpired with the Masterson, and the way the NHL has dealt with concussions and the ensuing fallout regarding them. Too many acts of hypocrisy and double standards for me to go into here. I've been a hockey fan for over 30 years. This was the last straw. That is is the beauty of living in Minnesota though. While the Wild get the majority of the press here, it is NOT the only game on ice in town. Go Huskies!!! Go Bengals!!! If you receive a paycheck for playing puck: Play hard and play clean. If you don't it don't matter to me, cuz I'm not watching.

PS- Upon a couple hours of cool down, playing some Dead Space2, and Irish meditation(Jameson and Guinness) I realize I may have been a bit hasty with the completely walking away from hockey statement. As I still do enjoy talking about/watching the best in the world play what is still the greatest sport in the world. But I'm not deleting my statement, as I did say it. And like in the real world you can't just erase something you said out of anger. Still PO'ed about the PMB snub, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 04-26-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote